That's the message I keep getting as I try to backup my 928.

I was looking in settings and saw that my last backup was about 2 months ago so I figured I'd better do a new one (also because I'm going to upgrade to the Icon and want a backup first).

I've pressed "back up now" several times today and every time it looks to be going smoothly, gets up to 97%, 98, 99, and then I get the same error message that there was a problem backing up my settings and still shows last backup about 2 months ago.

Any suggestions on how to get it to back up? Phone is charged, wi fi connected, plenty of space on the phone.

I am on DP 8.1, but i wouldn't think that would affect the ability to do a backup...would it?

I should also note that I backup my camera roll to onedrive, too, and that is completely up to date.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    HeartRefine likes this.
    09-16-2014 07:41 PM
    Delete the old backup, that's causing the issue.

SETTINGS >> BACKUP >> manage backups >> DELETE

Then try the backup
    09-16-2014 08:45 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion MDK22. I tried it, but alas, I still get the same error. Curiously, though, when i go to "manage backups," it shows that I'm using xx MB/170GB from OneDrive. XX was different amounts on different attempts; the latest one is 92.86mb, which was, I believe, the same size as the original one from two months ago that I deleted.

I was thinking maybe even though it says it's having problems, it actually did complete a backup, but under app+settings it no longer says anything about when last backup was completed, so maybe not.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!
    09-16-2014 10:26 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion MDK22. I tried it, but alas, I still get the same error. Curiously, though, when i go to "manage backups," it shows that I'm using xx MB/170GB from OneDrive. XX was different amounts on different attempts; the latest one is 92.86mb, which was, I believe, the same size as the original one from two months ago that I deleted.

I was thinking maybe even though it says it's having problems, it actually did complete a backup, but under app+settings it no longer says anything about when last backup was completed, so maybe not.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!
    I haven't tried this myself, but have you tried changing back to your regular region if you don't live in the US? I've heard in another thread that fixed someone else's backup issue
    09-16-2014 10:39 PM
    Hi, I'm in the US and have never messed with the region settings. Thanks for the suggestion though...
    09-16-2014 11:20 PM