Random Shutoffs at Night

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
So I've had this annoying problem several times on my 928:

I set my alarm at night on my phone, put it down on my desk, and then go to sleep. I wake up in the morning thinking that I woke up a bit early, get up and check my phone, and lo and behold it is off. I check my watch and it is 10:30. S***. I have to be at a meeting at 1:00 pm today and I wanted to wake up at 8:30 to do some preparations.

My phone won't turn on by pressing the power button. The battery is either depleted or the phone crashed on its own while it wasn't being used at night. I hold down the Power + Volume Down buttons until the phone turns on, and it does turn on. When it boots up, I still see there's over 40% battery left, and I notice the clock on the phone initially shows 8:14 am before jumping to 10:30 once it has fully booted up. It crashed?

Wth is going on here? This happens when there is plenty of battery left when I go to sleep (at least 50%, sometimes 80-100%), and all apps closed other than the Alarm app. This was happening frequently enough at a certain point that I would start leaving my phone plugged in at night just so I don't miss my alarm in the morning, which interestingly is the only way to ensure the phone doesn't turn off on its own.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

pesti87

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I've also been experiencing random reboots after latest WP 8.1 update update. I did a hard reset two days ago, will see if it helps.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, this problem first occurred about 4 months ago, which is too far back for me to remember what apps I was installing, but I did not connect it to the installation of any apps at the time.

I do remember that the problem never occurred for me prior to the installation of the 8.1 Dev Preview, and it did start occurring at some point after. I also knew that 8.1 had too much good stuff for me to go back to 8.0 to fix this problem. The issue still happens after getting the 8.1 Update as well.

The problem appears to happen at random, unpredictably. It can happen some nights, but won't happen on most nights under the exact same circumstances. It is an occasional issue, and not a frequent one.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
With the complete random nature of your failures, I would start talking to Verizon about replacing it. They're going to want to have you do a hard reset though. Be ready for that.

I'd say start getting a replacement in the works. Something isn't right with yours.

I've had my 928 since launch day and never experienced your same issues and I am running 8.1DP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre