Nokia Lumia 928 with Jeep UConnect 430N

braddeverly

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
My wife's Nokia Lumia 928 connects easily and automatically to her 2014 Wrangler with UConnect (430N). The problem is that phone loses all text to speech and audio functionality. She is not able to use text via text to speech. When pressing the text to speech button it just says "I cannot hear anything". So much for safety when you cant use hands free functionality! Any audio alerts are also not working like notification of a new text (maybe that is a safety feature?) With my iPhone I can slide up from the bottom and chose iPhone instead of UConnect and it over rides this problem. Is their a similiar function in the Windows phone? The phone is WP8. Verizon for some strange reason has not released WP8.1 for the 928 yet. Maybe that will solve it?

NaytG

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2013 Dodge Dart, and I have to say that Cortana interacts MUCH better with the uConnect than it did before. This reason alone is enough for me to keep up with the preview for developers program. I highly recommend trying the preview for developers so you can get 8.1. Who knows when Verizon will release it on their own.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Verizon for some strange reason has not released WP8.1 for the 928 yet. Maybe that will solve it?

that could be... 8.1, and then cyan helped out my bluetooth in my car quite a bit. before, the phonebook wouldn't sync and txt to speech involved me screaming for it to work...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos