Verizion Lumia 928 unlocked out the box ??

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not out of kindness.

Verizon only does it because it was a stipulation of a deal they made with the FCC for a chunk of LTE spectrum. All Verizon LTE phones are required to be SIM unlocked.

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey! good to know, I?ve just bought a 928 on eBay and I was wondering if I had to unlock it...I remember a couple of years ago it was a pain in the a** to unlock an AT&T 920!!!

Andrew Brown3

Banned
Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It definitely is now ! When i purchased a bad IMEI Lumia 820 - AT&T was easy to call and get it unlocked as soon as the expire of that phone was up in their system - I called and they gave it to me over the phone :) I bought it on ebay and live in Canada! Now I was potentially getting an additional 925 for a family member to ( I upgraded to a T mobile 925 ) - I find out AT&T are plain lazy that you have to fill out a form online and be a ATT cust! And give every detail but your DNA !! Calling ATT doesn't help now as they will not even handle unlocking only give you the site where you have to have details it asks so the whole by a bad IMEI phone and getting the company to unlock it for you for use in another country is not as easy as it once was ! More so when you can't even speak to a human!!

S640

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys able to send and receive MMS using a 928 on another network? I used a 928 for a while on ATT and while it was unlocked in the sense that phone calls, data, and SMS worked I was never able to get MMS messages to send or be received properly.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys able to send and receive MMS using a 928 on another network? I used a 928 for a while on ATT and while it was unlocked in the sense that phone calls, data, and SMS worked I was never able to get MMS messages to send or be received properly.

Can send and receive MMS but for some reason on T-Mobile it will only send regular TXT when in 2g mode. I set the handset aside until Verizon releases Cyan in hopes that somehow Microsoft snuck in a complete SMS/MMS fix. (AKA sometime after hell freezes over)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss