So everyone loves Verizon now right?

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Unless you own an icon. And they shouldn't have made us wait for Cyan.

This has earned them some good will in my book though :-\

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
No, I still don't love them. I'm happy that they're on point with the release of Denim (mostly, no Icon yet), and that goes some way to making up for not getting us Cyan at all. But the fact remains that there was absolutely no communication from them regarding their plans or status, and that is unacceptable. They might be worried about managing user expectations, but I can assure them that leaving customers in the dark is the worst way to manage expectations. That have yet to rectify that mistake by being more transparent in the future, and then I can like them.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
No, I still don't love them. I'm happy that they're on point with the release of Denim (mostly, no Icon yet), and that goes some way to making up for not getting us Cyan at all. But the fact remains that there was absolutely no communication from them regarding their plans or status, and that is unacceptable. They might be worried about managing user expectations, but I can assure them that leaving customers in the dark is the worst way to manage expectations. That have yet to rectify that mistake by being more transparent in the future, and then I can like them.

Yeah, what he said.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Being a former customer of ATT,Sprint,Nextel,Verizon,etc I've found that I love and stick with T-Mobile!
I'd rate providers like this(1 best 4 worst)
1. T-Mobile
Price and customer service. Rollout of LTE is moving fast
2. Sprint/Nextel
Lesser of the three evils
3. ATT
Expensive
4. Verizon
Expensive and uses cdma(hate cdma)

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Still hate. The old fashion powers that be in the office think Verizon has the best signal coverage so we pay them $10,000 more than what it would be using T-Mobile. Yeah because not having coverage on a mile of expressway for a few minutes is worth 10K

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Verizon releasing updates for WP. Never saw that coming. Verizon users getting Denim before AT&T... Either I'm in the Twilight Zone or...

This just happened.
hellfrozeover.jpg

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just hate carriers in general, the only reason I bought a 928 instead of a 920-925 was because it was better all-around, most features of both combined, I hope that doesn't happen again, I'm not willing to have to deal with a freaking carrier again, seems like the icon its just a 930 60% uglier(logos) so I hope it stays that way so I wont get tempted again... that xenon flash...

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Being a former customer of ATT,Sprint,Nextel,Verizon,etc I've found that I love and stick with T-Mobile!
1. T-Mobile
2. Sprint/Nextel
3. ATT
Expensive
4. Verizon

Glad to see a happy T-Mobile customer.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
1. T-Mobile
2. Sprint/Nextel
3. ATT
Expensive
4. Verizon

Has sprint stopped using cdma then? Sprint's service is poor and their selection of phones is poorer. I'd like to be a tmobile fan but their coverage leaves something to be desired, and their world coverage is very poor.
At&t is expensive and evil, but also has vast global coverage, reliability and speed.

Imo, sprint and Verizon can equally share "worst" status (though Verizon as a political entity is definitely most evil). And at&t vs tmobile is really a matter of where you live and how much you travel.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I stated several times in Verizon related news that they would be getting Denim first. Not entirely Verizon's fault for late Cyan release ...
People need to understand that carriers are paying for these updates. Neither you nor Verizon wants a shoddy firmware update borking your phone.

IMO Verizon specific apps are pretty much useless, and they do take time to maintain. In this sense, Verizon is partially responsible for the delays lol

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I love Verizon!!! +928! So glad I didn't jump ship to ATT or T-noservice-mobile. I was about to get an 830. 928 provides equally good performance in all areas except for lacking the micro-SD. It also is, in my opinion, the most well balanced Windows Phone available in terms of features/size. Simply a joy to use now!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I stated several times in Verizon related news that they would be getting Denim first. Not entirely Verizon's fault for late Cyan release ...
People need to understand that carriers are paying for these updates. Neither you nor Verizon wants a shoddy firmware update borking your phone.

IMO Verizon specific apps are pretty much useless, and they do take time to maintain. In this sense, Verizon is partially responsible for the delays lol

FWIW, yes I agree VZW's apps are pretty useless. I also think though that this release is consistent with my position from the start. There really were problems with the Cyan update on VZW's network and that they worked with Microsoft to get them addressed as part of Denim. Leaving aside 928 and 822, my own opinion (as well) is the commentary yesterday further demonstrates they are committed to an Icon update but that there are problems with that phone. I am more and more convinced it was retired because of something that neither Microsoft nor VZW are willing to discuss in public.

As for the OP's question regarding loving VZW, I don't love any company. The situation, however, does demonstrate their commitment to the WP platform. They beat every major US carrier on a release others are not even expecting until the new year, and the HTC One (or whatever they call it) got its own updates as well. Even Microsoft has been implying and/or stating US customers should not expect Denim until the new year. VZW also did not make this some big PR event - simply released it as one would expect with any other update. It conveys to me a business as usual philosophy, not special circumstances, and that it was released precisely when they decided it was ready. I am sure though there will be people around here who will still find some personal justification to complain.

Oh, I also expect that we should start hearing the AT&T and T-Mobile contingent complaining shortly. The grass is always greener is a consistent philosophy around here regardless of platform....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6