Has anyone received the denim update on developer preview yet?

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
After toggling the DP button on and off a couple of times, the download started. Im installing Denim I think right now. Well, Verizon still sucks but at least they went straight to denim on this update making us the first to get it (vs. AT&T phones). The download started with the DP toggle on on my 928

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.i noticed the new splash screen first too. Overall my 928 seems a little peppier. Lumia camera, however, not so much. Still seems laggy.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
yea finally updated, the only improvement I see is the stupid orange Verizon boot screen, I wish I could remove every damn instance of code with the word "Verizon" from my phone seriously, other than that... there are little arrows on top of cellular and wifi signals, nothing else

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my 928 seems a little more responsive. Disappointed that Lumia Camera doesn't see anything different. But don't forget that you can use Softcard now.

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The little arrows above the wifi and cell signal icons are annoying. I wish that whole tray of icons could be hidden. Didn't they auto-hide on WP7? Now that we have action center, it's just a simple pull down to see all of those if needed, but I don't like them being there all of the time and now they're flashing little arrows from time to time.

Also, I agree with the others that mentioned Lumia Camera seems to be a disappointment. Boot time doesn't seem much faster, but time between pictures does seem improved, but not enough to make such a big deal out of it.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The little arrows above the wifi and cell signal icons are annoying. I wish that whole tray of icons could be hidden. Didn't they auto-hide on WP7?
Yes they did, and the other thing I noticed is the space between that tray/bar and the first tile. It's enlarged now almost 2x. Minor -but stupid- thing

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

troylee

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I own lumia 920 ... After i changed country to Cambodia , my extra+ showed Lumia Denim even i didn't have downloaded the update
My lumia 920 country variant is GB n I'm running previous for developer

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Updated yesterday afternoon without turning off DP. Disappointed to see no difference in the camera. Anyone know if this will be in yet another update? Not happening for 928? Or any other answers?

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
@mundyb If you are on DP, make sure you have it still turned on and go to phone update. It takes forever (at least 15 min) but will finally find the update. It never would come to mine with DP turned off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb