Do I need to disable DP to get the Denim update?

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest version of 8.1 installed using the developers preview. I am wondering if I need to disable the DP in order to get the current update being rolled out to Verizon users? I assume I can still get the update without reverting back to W8, but wasn't sure if DP needs to be turned off. Any help appreciated.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
In a word - NO, regardless of DP, when Verizon makes it available, you'll get a notification ... & update from where you are. I'm on DP with AT&T & have gotten updates, when the carrier released them.

... unless Verizon invokes some limitation.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
In a word - NO, regardless of DP, when Verizon makes it available, you'll get a notification ... & update from where you are. I'm on DP with AT&T & have gotten updates, when the carrier released them.

... unless Verizon invokes some limitation.

Until someone with a VZW 928 can confirm otherwise, actually in a word yes. I could not install Denim on either my 928 nor 822 until I rolled back to WP8. As has been pointed out again and again, VZW and AT&T networks are not the same, nor are the phones. While it may be possible to install on a 928 with the DP installed I have seen no one confirm to date and my experience is the opposite. So far the only ones who I have seen who thought they installed Denim by simply disabling the DP were looking at a bug that shows the wrong firmware after disabling. If you simply turn off the DP and suddenly magically have Denim without a rather long download and subsequent installation, you do not have Denim.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It appears I stand corrected - SOP for this is install over Dev Preview, BUT

After I thought I answered this question, read some posts regarding turning Dev Preview OFF before being able to Update. I have NOT had to for the past update (Cyan), but ... different network, different device, different rules.

STRANGE, because the install overwrites your ROM, thus the restore ...

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Uncheck the DP go to extras+info and voila!! Now you have denim, thank me later

You along with everyone else that has done this do NOT have the Denim firmware. This is a known bug and if you restart your phone you'll see in Extras+Info you are back to Black.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing, I disabled my DP for a couple hours but no go. Then I decide to enable it again and after about 10 min of the phone saying "checking for update," my phone is now installing the update!!!

AmarOhsemm

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha , after repeatedly check for update and it no update come out , then i did uncheck DP then go to extras+info its already denim haha .

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
You do not need to disable Preview for Developers to get Denim. I have DP enabled and just got the update, along with an additional update for DP.

It may have nothing to do with it, but I did check and uncheck the DP box a few times and kept trying to search for the update in between. The update ultimately came through when DP was check-marked (enabled).

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You do not need to disable Preview for Developers to get Denim. I have DP enabled and just got the update, along with an additional update for DP.

It may have nothing to do with it, but I did check and uncheck the DP box a few times and kept trying to search for the update in between. The update ultimately came through when DP was check-marked (enabled).

Yeah, its absolutely nothing to do with the denim if you disable DP. So where you guys at? Why am I still haven't got the denim in Australia?

daknarr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, time for stupid question sequence...how do I know if I have Denim? I'm on the DP, and last night I got a notification of a phone update available from Verizon. Phone did two updates, and then this morning, I got another update, but this last was from Microsoft DP. Now when the phone starts, I get the big red Verizon screen. How do I know?

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
928 with DP on Verizon updated this morning to Denim and 8.1.1 without an issue. You do not have to disable anything. Just ensure you have your phone fully charged and plugged in. The updates chewed through the battery. Web sites load faster and I haven't yet seen the laggy resume... screen ��

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It appears I stand corrected - SOP for this is install over Dev Preview, BUT

After I thought I answered this question, read some posts regarding turning Dev Preview OFF before being able to Update. I have NOT had to for the past update (Cyan), but ... different network, different device, different rules.

STRANGE, because the install overwrites your ROM, thus the restore ...

or NOT ... You do NOT have to turn Dev Preview OFF to get the official Denim update

BTW: if I check EXTRAS & INFO it appears I have Lumia Denim also (JK, I don't)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre