Why won't my phone turn on at all following an update?

BobbyHughes

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Phone will Not turn on at all following update

Tried updating the 8.1 update two nights ago and have NOT been able to turn the phone on at all, even when the soft reboot was performed. The NOKIA symbol would pop up and then a Verizon screen and a few seconds later, fade to black...No power and no charge on the battery has occurred in the last two days while plugged into the Nokia wall charger. Thinking about purchasing a wireless charging station to see if that would help. I'm afraid to lose my photos that had not been backed up as of late. I wasn't really fully aware of the Verizon Cloud and never got any kind of updates on it's availability or I may have ended up backing up things more often. Any suggestions? I don't want to wipe the phone if I don't have too. Verizon actually sent me another phone and suggested I take the SIM card out and transfer it to the new phone, but I believe that this model doesn't store the photos on the SIM card, otherwise I'd be more comfortable with just swapping out the card to the other phone. Very frustrated!:eck:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone will Not turn on at all following update

Tried updating the 8.1 update two nights ago and have NOT been able to turn the phone on at all, even when the soft reboot was performed. The NOKIA symbol would pop up and then a Verizon screen and a few seconds later, fade to black...No power and no charge on the battery has occurred in the last two days while plugged into the Nokia wall charger. Thinking about purchasing a wireless charging station to see if that would help. I'm afraid to lose my photos that had not been backed up as of late. I wasn't really fully aware of the Verizon Cloud and never got any kind of updates on it's availability or I may have ended up backing up things more often. Any suggestions? I don't want to wipe the phone if I don't have too. Verizon actually sent me another phone and suggested I take the SIM card out and transfer it to the new phone, but I believe that this model doesn't store the photos on the SIM card, otherwise I'd be more comfortable with just swapping out the card to the other phone. Very frustrated!:eck:
Your photos should be on onedrive if you kept the option enabled.

BobbyHughes

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks man! I'll check my OneDrive Account with Microsoft...but something tells me that it's been awhile since I've done that with my phone and I know that my 15 year old using the account for his XBox Live too...but I'll check...

I'm just puzzled as to why I can't even turn the phone on period. Unless Verizon is rolling out this update and because of the Holidays, it could take a day or two to come through.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks man! I'll check my OneDrive Account with Microsoft...but something tells me that it's been awhile since I've done that with my phone and I know that my 15 year old using the account for his XBox Live too...but I'll check...

I'm just puzzled as to why I can't even turn the phone on period. Unless Verizon is rolling out this update and because of the Holidays, it could take a day or two to come through.

If they are sending you a replacement phone just swap the SIM. Either the update failed or the phone is defective. You can try plugging the phone into a computer via a USB cable to see if it opens as a mass storage device but the chances are slim. Likewise you could try using the LSRT to reinstall the OS but what is the point if they are shipping a replacement? That would also wipe the phone. The most that might do is trigger the phone to be visible to the computer but it is again not likely.

As auto upload to OneDrive is turned on by default, your photos should have been uploaded anyway. The only exception would be if you had the upload settings on best quality. In that case, they would still be uploaded provided you have been periodically connected to WIFI. Normal quality are uploaded by data plan but best quality require WIFI. The default BTW is not best quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99