KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I traded my 928 in a few months ago for an M8 so I haven't kept up with things but one issue that bothered me for the entire time I had it was that Verizon promised AWS band support to enable XLTE and never came through on it in with the amber or black updates. I was just curious if they ended up finally flipping the switch for it with denim. Anyone have any info to confirm or deny?

atst44

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Any ideas how to test if it works? I have the phone, but I wouldn't know where to look to see if XLTE was enabled. (JUST got the phone...)

crisdiaz01

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Any ideas how to test if it works? I have the phone, but I wouldn't know where to look to see if XLTE was enabled. (JUST got the phone...)
You can try going to cellular+SIM under the settings and see. From there, you can select your highest connection speed (at least on my Lumia 925, which lets me toggle between 2g, 4g, or Lte)

atst44

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I dont see anything that would lead me to believe XLTE exists on the phone... I'll call Verizon, although I dont expect them to know.

"Global", "LTE and CDMA", and "LTE, GSM or UMTS".

Last edited:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
What radio software version does everyone have? Did it update with the Denim update? If not, then probably a "for sure" no. I suppose if it changed, it's still no guarantee of anything.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I dont see anything that would lead me to believe XLTE exists on the phone... I'll call Verizon, although I dont expect them to know.

"Global", "LTE and CDMA", and "LTE, GSM or UMTS".

I don't believe it would show any different there -- "XLTE" is just Verizon marketing LTE and them adding another LTE band to the mix.

This can actually help non-"XLTE" phones, as they will have more spectrum available in the band they can access, but not quite the same thing. ;)

atst44

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
The phone is up to date, on the Denim software. I didn't expect it to show anything about XLTE either, but I figured I'd post what I saw.

The only reason I care for XLTE is the drop in 4g (to 3g) I get near the lake and at Church. Those are two places I got 4g with the Lumia ICON, but I dont get with this 928. (This is me assuming the AWS is providing the 4g as opposed to a better radio in general since the HTC One didnt get 4g in those areas either.)

It appears Verizon just doesn't want to support the phone any longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05