Can i access my 928 with a broken screen?

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Can i access my 928 with a broken screen

I broke my phone the other day and i want to know if there is a way to by pass the pin menu so that i may be able to access my files and phone contacts..the p hone still works and i can hear the phone telling me whos calling but without turning off the pin sign in i cant access the phone

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can i access my 928 with a broken screen

Sorry, but no there is no way to bypass the PIN.
The contacts are stored in your ms account online so if you login on a pc with your phones login credentials you will see your contacts. And if you use the same account on another phone they will be synced to the new phone. So the contacts are "safe".
If you did not back up your files however you out of luck.
The only way to get these are to get a new screen or if you have a friend with the same phone and you are a little bit technical you could "borrow" the screen from your friend and use it on your phone to access your files.

Bye the way welcome to Windows Central but I am sorry for your misfortune.
If you need more assistance please ask.

teamgs

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Just went through this a couple of days ago. Wife dropped and shattered her 928, and was told by the Verizon people that nothing was backed up on a Windows phone. Sigh... After she called me freaking out, I told her that Windows Phone 8 backs up almost everything automatically if you configured with an MS account. After straightening out the issue that VZ tech support caused when they activated a temp phone she was using to my phone number (I was travelling for work and suddenly had no phone service...but that is a long and sad story...) I activated her 928 replacement, and everything was restored. Most apps, email account (asked for password the first time), contacts, texts, etc. Had her back up and running in about 15 minutes from opening the box, including putting on a screen protector and new armored case. I know this, because she and our girls were literally in the car, heading to the airport as I handed the completed phone to her. :grin:

I still am not sure if all three backup options (apps+settings, text messages, and photos+videos) are turned on by default, but I believe they are.

BTW, you still should be able to connect the damaged phone to your PC via USB cable and retrieve files stored there. Your OS should detect it as a removable HD.

Regards,
Gary

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can i access my 928 with a broken screen

If you set up your phone you are asked if you want to accept the "adviced" settings and these include the auto backups. So depending on the set-up the backups are ON.

If you use a pin and connect your phone to a computer you only can get "in" your phone if you first unlock your phone.
So if you can not enter the pin you can not unlock it so you can not get in. (a pin is security and if it was that easy to bypass it it would not be a security at all)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre