Unable to find screw to open phone after removing smart card. What do I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Unable to find screw to open phone after removing smart card.

I have a Nokia Lumia 928 windows phone. I wanted to replace the glass that cracked after it fell on concrete. I watched a few diy videos that clearly show that once the smart card is removed there should be a Torx 5 size screw that has to be removed in order to open the phone for glass replacement. There's a small white square that looks like it could be a chip or something where the screw should be.
Help!!!

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to find screw to open phone after removing smart card.

I have a Nokia Lumia 928 windows phone. I wanted to replace the glass that cracked after it fell on concrete. I watched a few diy videos that clearly show that once the smart card is removed there should be a Torx 5 size screw that has to be removed in order to open the phone for glass replacement. There's a small white square that looks like it could be a chip or something where the screw should be.
Help!!!
There is a little sticker i believe that has a barcode on it. Remove the sticker and Behold. You have now voided your warranty.
I had that same problem, hated that phone, lol. Broke the screen trying to push it back after it lifted from a fall to the side right before my trip to India. Everyone had to ask what happened to the screen!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to find screw to open phone after removing smart card.

There is a little sticker i believe that has a barcode on it. Remove the sticker and Behold. You have now voided your warranty.

Won the Internet.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6