Nokia Martini=Nokia Lumia 930

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
my dream , realistic , nokia windows device id like to hear at build would be

# 4.5" / 5" best screen in class , think 2520 screen but smaller , 1080p , clear black tech etc etc
# snapdragon 801 cpu
# micro sd slot with 32gb and 64gb models
# choice of colours including cyan and green both in matte
# 3000mah battery
# 41mp carl zeis camera with sensor from the 808 or maybe even slightly bigger then the 808 with improved ois , nd filter , rich recording , quality optics , xenon , led , 4 mics , dedicated image chip like 808 for faster shot times etc etc
# usb2go as rumoured in 8.1 release
# water proof design via nanotech so the ports don't have to be covered
# 2/3gb of very fast ram to help with faster cpu for camera processing and shot time
# anti scratch proof coating on screen and body to help durability
# wireless charging

I think the bigger battery would mean the device would have to be a tad thicker or the battery would have to be shaped to the internals of the device , the sensor size might be tricky as it is a tad thicker then the 1020 sensor so again the device may have to be a little thicker then say the 1020 but apart from that the tech is out there in different phones , its just a matter of bringing them together into one super phone that would sell like hot cakes

as it is though I think the 930 will be a 1520mini , the icon is a exclusive so that might mean the design as well , id expect too see a 1520/920 hybrid upgrade with design elements from either the 1520 or 920 with the same specs as the icon but maybe with an sd card slot ;-)

WTF!! Anything less than 5 inch for a flagship device of 2014 makes no sense. 5.2 inch will be a sweet spot with SD 801 or 805 and a camera of 1020 is the best Nokia can offer

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the 930 will have the 1020 camera because many people don't like the huge camera bulge, 20mp is fine for me, the 1020 will get it's own upgrade anyway

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
We are going in circles. 4,7 till 5 inch and Lumia Icon Specs are widely considered the most likely choice. As with the Verizon 928 the 930 will again not get the design of the Icon. I am also betting on a smaller 1520.

I do like the flat back of the Icon though and hope we wont get a 930 that is too close to the 1520.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
You would prefer the camera bump over a slighty bigger (icon like) device? The 2 mm to flatten the back to the camera would even give roome to a bigger battery...

... the super rounded standard lumia design would also interfere with the nice metal band the icon offers.

No, if I could choose: just make the icon as it is the 930 NOW.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
You would prefer the camera bump over a slighty bigger (icon like) device? The 2 mm to flatten the back to the camera would even give roome to a bigger battery...

... the super rounded standard lumia design would also interfere with the nice metal band the icon offers.

No, if I could choose: just make the icon as it is the 930 NOW.
they are not gonna do that, the Icon was designed just for Verizon after all, you can like it but I think most Lumia fans will say it's too blocky and boring

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
You would prefer the camera bump over a slighty bigger (icon like) device?
Actually, I'd prefer a camera bar rather than bump. By extending the round bump to the full (or nearly full) width of the phone, they'd 1) have room for a xenon flash (that's what takes up much of the space in the 1020 bump), 2) stop the wobble that happens when you use the upper corners of the touchscreen while the phone is sitting on a table, and 3) give the resting phone a slight tilt toward the user to reduce glare and improve readability.

This shape idea gives me flashbacks to the back of the old Samsung Blackjack II:
I617zwart2.jpg

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I'd prefer a camera bar rather than bump. By extending the round bump to the full (or nearly full) width of the phone, they'd 1) have room for a xenon flash (that's what takes up much of the space in the 1020 bump), 2) stop the wobble that happens when you use the upper corners of the touchscreen while the phone is sitting on a table, and 3) give the resting phone a slight tilt toward the user to reduce glare and improve readability.

This shape idea gives me flashbacks to the back of the old Samsung Blackjack II:
View attachment 60211

Exactly I would prefer the design of Lumia ICON over 925. That camera bump becomes more prone to damage. Thickness of Lumia ICON is fine. We don't need something thin as razor, which will make the grip difficult, specially while taking photograph.

robnewton

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Im starting to wonder whether the 930 will be announced at build. Were so close but all we know is the 930 exists. Normally we know pretty much everything this close to a launch.

Woknox

Developer
Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
they are not gonna do that, the Icon was designed just for Verizon after all, you can like it but I think most Lumia fans will say it's too blocky and boring

In my opinion the Icon's design is perfect,.. its the only high end that is not to big and uses subtle space for the "back-home-search" buttons at the bottom of the phone. I like it when the display is using as much surface of the phone as possible.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully they make at least ONE phone with 4,5" maximum screen size and high-end specs. Well, THAT would be the 920 successor :) because it is 4,5"!

But if they make the 620 from 3,8" to 4,5" , the 920 will have 6,5" ;)

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they make at least ONE phone with 4,5" maximum screen size and high-end specs. Well, THAT would be the 920 successor :) because it is 4,5"!

But if they make the 620 from 3,8" to 4,5" , the 920 will have 6,5" ;)

4.5 is too small. A true lumia 920 successor needs to have 5.2 inch screen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte