05-28-2014 09:46 AM
44 12
tools
    ^why don't you just get a 6" 1520 phablet?
    03-25-2014 05:26 PM
    Goldfinger rumors sounded way too good to be true with those specs and all kinds of rumors. Given that the Lumia 930 is likely to be the flagship for most of this year and that codename is Martini. I reckon Goldfinger was either just fake rumors and nothing more only meant to build hype, or Goldfinger could possibly be the Lumia 1020's successor in which case it may arrive around the fall season.
    Goldfinger is not expected until next year , it's a long wait from now.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    03-25-2014 10:58 PM
    ^why don't you just get a 6" 1520 phablet?
    6" is just TOO enormous , you can't even hold it with your hand

03-25-2014 10:59 PM
    I give it about 10% chance that this phone shows up on T-Mobile, but I hope so...
    03-26-2014 11:25 AM
    I give it about 10% chance that this phone shows up on T-Mobile, but I hope so...
    Yeah T-Mobile isn't that wp fan

03-27-2014 09:19 AM
    6" is just TOO enormous , you can't even hold it with your hand

Maybe for some its too big but not for everyone. I've played with the 1520 and its not that much bigger for me than the 920. And the rumors for the 930 are saying most likely it will have a 4.5 inch screen which is the same size as the 920. If its the same size as the 920 I'll be getting the 1520 32gb model for ATT or some other device with 8.1 later.
    03-27-2014 10:42 AM
    Years ago when the smartphone boom came with iPhone, Google and HTC with the G1, mostly were satisfied with screens, sizes and stuff, but now is a tendency to ask for more, if there is a Snapdragon 500000000, you all want for the other phone to have a 500000001 and if the other manufacturers have 5.2 screen you want 5.3, and since this started it's been a constant war between specs, higher inches and resolution.

But then if they want a 5.2 or 5.3 screen and you told them to get X phone that has right now a bigger screen, they tell you, no that's too big man, come one. It's funny, sometimes i ask myself, what the hell you want? I guess some don't know what they want and just ask for the simpe action of asking.

Now that i got that out, what i want? Is 930 to be a 4,7" screen phone, under the dimensiones of the 920, but if under the dimensiones of the 920 they could fit a 5" screen with space for capacitive buttons and phone doesn't came up strange looking for having almost no bezels, i'll like that. As for resolution, 720 or 1080p, don't care, in such small screen doesn't make a difference.

In matter of specs, Windows Phone doesn't need to higher specs to work smooth, what i need is GPU more than other thing, i'd like to play heavy games.

And what's more important camera and matte finish instead of glossy, i really don't like glossy plastic in my 920, it's horrible. And well, camera is great but a better camera would be awesome, and if sound recording gets better then it'd be a dreamed phone.
    03-27-2014 12:06 PM
    well that is sh1t.....I want 5"....32 gb....with sd card....removable battery
    03-27-2014 04:47 PM
    well that is sh1t.....I want 5"....32 gb....with sd card....removable battery
    I honestly don't believe that.
    03-28-2014 05:08 AM
    if it's gonna be the successor to the lumia 920, they better bring back built-in QI wireless charging...
    03-28-2014 11:44 AM
    T mobile will have nokia Monarch...nd 930 is probably Nokia Martini.
    03-28-2014 11:56 AM
    All I know is this is the longest five days ever waiting for 2 April to get here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    hasasimo likes this.
    03-28-2014 04:15 PM
    if it's gonna be the successor to the lumia 920, they better bring back built-in QI wireless charging...
    If it's AT&T I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't know why they invested in some other charging technology. You would think being a Windows Phone Premier Partner that they would support Nokia and Qi a little better.
    03-28-2014 04:17 PM
    That would be a problem for me. I've been waiting since my 920 was stolen in August to buy a 930 but I have been hoping for a bigger screen, which means, same size as the 920 but better use of the space = less bezel and more screen. It's possible to have a 5" screen in a phone with the same size as the 920. I'm also hoping it will be a lot thinner but maintaining the built quality, like the 925.
    Not just possible, they've done it with the Icon. I took out my yellow 920 and put it right on top of the Icon the other day at a Verizon store. Exactly the same size. I'd personally prefer a display size bigger than 5" but no bigger than 5.5"... but that's wishful thinking.
    03-28-2014 09:20 PM
    If it's AT&T I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't know why they invested in some other charging technology. You would think being a Windows Phone Premier Partner that they would support Nokia and Qi a little better.
    Verizon hasn't done any changes to their devices. They made the icon perfect with all the features. AT&T brought the 1520 last year and slashed the memory in half and removed the QI wireless charging. They better not make the same mistake with the 930.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-28-2014 10:04 PM
    Verizon hasn't done any changes to their devices. They made the icon perfect with all the features. AT&T brought the 1520 last year and slashed the memory in half and removed the QI wireless charging. They better not make the same mistake with the 930.
    The thing is that AT&T has invested in an alternate wireless charging standard. They aren't going to sell devices that compete with the standard they're promoting so you aren't going to see Qi on any AT&T Nokia phones any time soon, if ever.

So yeah, long story short, they ARE going to make that mistake again. I guarantee it.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-28-2014 10:22 PM
    The thing is that AT&T has invested in an alternate wireless charging standard. They aren't going to sell devices that compete with the standard they're promoting so you aren't going to see Qi on any AT&T Nokia phones any time soon, if ever.

So yeah, long story short, they ARE going to make that mistake again. I guarantee it.
    BOLLOX!
    03-30-2014 12:57 AM
    Yeah T-Mobile isn't that wp fan

T-Mobile stores do not even have WP anymore. I ask the sales gal about them and she guided me over to the Samsung S5 display! It was enormous too and in the front! Must have taken about 1/4 of the space of the entire store! Apple iPhones are on the side wall in the rear of the store! The store was setting up the same size display for the LG smartphones as the Samsung display. On the opposite side of the T-Mobile store is the Sony Xperia 5". I guess the manager does not like Sony nor Apple any more either. It was the place that Windows Phones were located in the holiday season. LOL!
    05-23-2014 09:32 PM
    T-Mobile stores do not even have WP anymore. I ask the sales gal about them and she guided me over to the Samsung S5 display! It was enormous too and in the front! Must have taken about 1/4 of the space of the entire store! Apple iPhones are on the side wall in the rear of the store! The store was setting up the same size display for the LG smartphones as the Samsung display. On the opposite side of the T-Mobile store is the Sony Xperia 5". I guess the manager does not like Sony nor Apple any more either. It was the place that Windows Phones were located in the holiday season. LOL!
    Haha :p

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    05-28-2014 09:46 AM
44 12