Nokia Lumia 930 to come in the second quarter of 2014

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
​I just bought 925, dont tell me there will be 930 soon T_T

I'm sorry to tell you but there is going to be a 930 soon. People have been talking about it for weeks... If you wanted the latest and greatest you should have paid more attention ;) It's what I try to do.

Anyway, you will always find people who say, buy whatever you want that is available when you want. I don't agree with that, I prefer to wait if needed (even if that wait is months) and plan carefully all my purchases, so that I can avoid buying expensive stuff that 1 week later isn't the best anymore. I try to buy phones that I think that have the potential to stay as flagships for at least 6 months.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
...Its enough to read mails, make calls, write text msgs. Not everyone uses the phone to play games and watch youtube all the time...

If that's the kind of usage that you want to give your phone, then you don't need a smartphone. Feature phones can do that and even more... and they are small. Some people want a smartphone just for the sake of having a smartphone. And then use them as feature phones and complain about stuff that doesn't make any sense.

Smartphones are great for media and visual content and those aren't great on small screens. Small low res screens are enemies of great media content, which account for a big part in the smartphone experience.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
i saw this post run on another website with a pic so i guess its true...and from what ive heard there's a flagship coming out by the year end also..so guess that will be the rumored goldfinger..

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
from experience most of middle east tech sales don't really know whats going on, I remember one of the sales men told me, that his manager totally denied Nokia making an android device, and that its insane to do so... that was about a month ago, Nokia android device was almost revealed.

Not all of them , this one is very punctual , almost everything Moseco said is true , like the android phones , they told me about it in the first of January .
Anyway I hope it is released fast coz I want it bad .

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I hope its not another 5" bull****phone

Just big big big big. Where are the normal, smaller MOBILEphones. I dont need a huge computer in my pocket ! :(((

The funniest thing is the 620 "successor" with 4,5" and a stupidly small resolution. The 620 has 3,8", thats very handy.

To each his/her own. Personally for me, 4.5" is too small. Put a 920 (4.5") next to an ATIV S (4.8") and you'll never be happy with 4.5" ever again. 5" should be the minimum size for a flagship device, and I'm sure that 5.25" or 5.5" is probably perfect (for me).

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Goldfinger rumors sounded way too good to be true with those specs and all kinds of rumors. Given that the Lumia 930 is likely to be the flagship for most of this year and that codename is Martini. I reckon Goldfinger was either just fake rumors and nothing more only meant to build hype, or Goldfinger could possibly be the Lumia 1020's successor in which case it may arrive around the fall season.

Goldfinger is not expected until next year , it's a long wait from now.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
6" is just TOO enormous , you can't even hold it with your hand

Maybe for some its too big but not for everyone. I've played with the 1520 and its not that much bigger for me than the 920. And the rumors for the 930 are saying most likely it will have a 4.5 inch screen which is the same size as the 920. If its the same size as the 920 I'll be getting the 1520 32gb model for ATT or some other device with 8.1 later.

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Years ago when the smartphone boom came with iPhone, Google and HTC with the G1, mostly were satisfied with screens, sizes and stuff, but now is a tendency to ask for more, if there is a Snapdragon 500000000, you all want for the other phone to have a 500000001 and if the other manufacturers have 5.2 screen you want 5.3, and since this started it's been a constant war between specs, higher inches and resolution.

But then if they want a 5.2 or 5.3 screen and you told them to get X phone that has right now a bigger screen, they tell you, no that's too big man, come one. It's funny, sometimes i ask myself, what the hell you want? I guess some don't know what they want and just ask for the simpe action of asking.

Now that i got that out, what i want? Is 930 to be a 4,7" screen phone, under the dimensiones of the 920, but if under the dimensiones of the 920 they could fit a 5" screen with space for capacitive buttons and phone doesn't came up strange looking for having almost no bezels, i'll like that. As for resolution, 720 or 1080p, don't care, in such small screen doesn't make a difference.

In matter of specs, Windows Phone doesn't need to higher specs to work smooth, what i need is GPU more than other thing, i'd like to play heavy games.

And what's more important camera and matte finish instead of glossy, i really don't like glossy plastic in my 920, it's horrible. And well, camera is great but a better camera would be awesome, and if sound recording gets better then it'd be a dreamed phone.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
All I know is this is the longest five days ever waiting for 2 April to get here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
if it's gonna be the successor to the lumia 920, they better bring back built-in QI wireless charging...

If it's AT&T I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't know why they invested in some other charging technology. You would think being a Windows Phone Premier Partner that they would support Nokia and Qi a little better.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That would be a problem for me. I've been waiting since my 920 was stolen in August to buy a 930 but I have been hoping for a bigger screen, which means, same size as the 920 but better use of the space = less bezel and more screen. It's possible to have a 5" screen in a phone with the same size as the 920. I'm also hoping it will be a lot thinner but maintaining the built quality, like the 925.

Not just possible, they've done it with the Icon. I took out my yellow 920 and put it right on top of the Icon the other day at a Verizon store. Exactly the same size. I'd personally prefer a display size bigger than 5" but no bigger than 5.5"... but that's wishful thinking.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If it's AT&T I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't know why they invested in some other charging technology. You would think being a Windows Phone Premier Partner that they would support Nokia and Qi a little better.

Verizon hasn't done any changes to their devices. They made the icon perfect with all the features. AT&T brought the 1520 last year and slashed the memory in half and removed the QI wireless charging. They better not make the same mistake with the 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99