Hard time believing 930 is merely a global ICON

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Same with me. This is by far the most important spec I'm awaiting with the Lumia 930. We know it'll preform well, but 4.5" is just too small... 5" is borderline acceptable, and 6" is too big. 5.3" to 5.5" would be perfect for me.

Totally agree with you! 5.3" is the sweet spot for me. I'll also buy it if it's 5" or 5.5" though.
If it is smaller than 5" I'll have to think twice! Oh god, after so many months waiting, I can't even imagine this scenario. I believe I would cry!

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree with you! 5.3" is the sweet spot for me. I'll also buy it if it's 5" or 5.5" though.
If it is smaller than 5" I'll have to think twice! Oh god, after so many months waiting, I can't even imagine this scenario. I believe I would cry!

Haha!@cry. I would just get the 1520 if it's(the 930) less than 5.4". Spec wise, the 1520 is up there

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the size will be larger than 5.3 in. 5.5 in is very near to 6-in. (1520).

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
For me the Lumia 930 perfect screen size would be a 4.7 inch device, 5 inches feels a little big for me, but we'll see I guess. And with the rumors saying it has a 16GB internal, I hope it comes in 32 along with the rumored microSD card slot. And I hope to heavens, that ATT doesn't leave out the Qi wireless charging like they did with the 1520!

You should check out the Icon in person. It sports a 5" display yet it's the exact same size as the Lumia 920, which of course has a 4.5" display. The increased display size doesn't necessarily mean a bigger phone, but I personally wouldn't mind if it's a little bigger to accommodate a display greater than 5".

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Exactly my train of thought. I'll have a hard time justifying the cost if it's smaller than 5". I suspect we're not the only ones either... it seems quite a few Lumia fans are waiting for a flagship in the 5-5.5" range. Let's hope Nokia took note!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it would be a 4.5" if it's an upgrade from the Lumia 920. Hoping for 4.8"-5.3"

A Lumia Leaks account on Twitter says they confirm it'll be "at least" 5 inches. NokiaPowerUser claims 5.2". I really hope it's the latter, at least, but I've become more confident that it'll be at least 5".

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the size will be larger than 5.3 in. 5.5 in is very near to 6-in. (1520).

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

That's crossed my mind as well... 5.5" and 6" are a little too close in dimensions. It leaves too big of a gap between their biggest, and next biggest display sizes. I think 5.2", MAX 5.3" is the best we can hope for.

Damn, I'm suddenly replying to every post in this thread. Can you tell I'm excited? :love:

C'mon Hump Day!

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I know, specs are great but I played with one last week and it was just too big to bring always with me :(

The 1520 would gave sold a lot better if it was smaller than 6". I played with it and can deal with the size but I can understand it being too big for others

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
A Lumia Leaks account on Twitter says they confirm it'll be "at least" 5 inches. NokiaPowerUser claims 5.2". I really hope it's the latter, at least, but I've become more confident that it'll be at least 5".

Considering the credibility of those 2 sources, I would say they have no idea what they are talking about and they are just working for having more people on their website/twitter, as they always do.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Having used an Icon for over a month now, I have no issue believing that the 930 has the exact same specs as the Icon except maybe with a Micro sd & a none OLED display.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Considering the credibility of those 2 sources, I would say they have no idea what they are talking about and they are just working for having more people on their website/twitter, as they always do.

Possibly, so then would you say the NokiaPowerUser claim that the 930 won't be revealed at build is b.s. too? I'd like to believe so, but my brain tells me there's a reason there have been 0 leaks for it :-/

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Possibly, so then would you say the NokiaPowerUser claim that the 930 won't be revealed at build is b.s. too? I'd like to believe so, but my brain tells me there's a reason there have been 0 leaks for it :-/

I'm in the same boat! I find it weird but i can't say that it is B.S. Or not. All eyes on Twitter today to see if Daniel Rubino, Tom Warren or EVLeaks say something about the 930. If the phone isn't coming on Wednesday they will probably tweet about it today, because the last news they gave us was that the phone should be coming.

EDIT: I'm way too excited about this (beyond healthy levels :p )

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey Indi,

Any thoughts on whether the 930 would work on Verizon ? Will it have the Verizon bands ? If it has a MicroSD slot I might bite the bullet and replace my 928.

Having used an Icon for over a month now, I have no issue believing that the 930 has the exact same specs as the Icon except maybe with a Micro sd & a none OLED display.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what's so hard about believing that the Icon/930 are variants of each other. Icon packs a relatively modern chipset, full HD screen, and a nice camera. I don't see the 930 being all that different. At this point, anything less than 5 inches is going to be a joke in the face of competition from quite literally every other company out there. Hell, even Apple is caving to the bigger screen demand. A Snapdragon 801 would be a nice addition in the face of no expandable storage, and apparently it should help with picture taking.

Honestly... at this point we might be focusing too much on the hardware of the phone. Comparing WP8 hardware to Android will always be a losing proposition. There will always be some Android phone out there with more RAM, more pixels, and more power. I'm hoping the 930 will continue to blaze its own path in terms of styling and features.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess it would depend on one's definition of "variant", but I think the phones could be quite similar without necessarily being variants of one another, especially if it the 930 looks a lot different. There's no doubt they'll be similarly spec'd, as they're both flagships announced not too far apart from one another, but I can definitely see the 930 being more of a next iteration of sorts than a variant.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey Indi,

Any thoughts on whether the 930 would work on Verizon ? Will it have the Verizon bands ? If it has a MicroSD slot I might bite the bullet and replace my 928.

It's highly unlikely that the 930 would be compatible with Verizon. It won't have Verizon bands. It'll likely follow in the footsteps of the 920, 1020, and 1520 - works on AT&T & T-Mobile. There are global variants available. But the 930 model itself won't be usable on the Verizon network - that's what the Icon is for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss