Press Leak of NL 930

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
tumblr_m3246eoa8j1qkvsb0.gif

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely be looking at an orange 930!

Please keep the Qi and the 32GB of onboard storage and add microSD.

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I would definitely be looking at an orange 930!

Please keep the Qi and the 32GB of onboard storage and add microSD.

If it's for AT&T I don't think it will have Qi, as they chose to support another wireless charging technology. I'm hoping that since WP8.1 added support for microSD that all new phones will have microSD slots

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The only real disappointment of the day. The 930 is just an unbranded Verizon Icon in different colors. No 900/920 design. Not even cyan, red, or yellow color options. The hardware is nice but the design is generic and uninspired.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The only real disappointment of the day. The 930 is just an unbranded Verizon Icon in different colors. No 900/920 design. Not even cyan, red, or yellow color options. The hardware is nice but the design is generic and uninspired.

Get your hands on it before calling it generic and uninspired. I thought the same thing about the NL Icon before seeing it in person. I think it's sleek and beautiful. Fits really well with Scandinavian design. It also looks great with the Surface 2.

Verizon finally beat AT&T (and the whole world) to the punch and released the 930 to its customers 3 months in advance. I'm impressed and happy with my purchase of the Icon. I'm excited for my friends on AT&T and around the world to get their hands on this beautiful device.

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Get your hands on it before calling it generic and uninspired. I thought the same thing about the NL Icon before seeing it in person. I think it's sleek and beautiful. Fits really well with Scandinavian design. It also looks great with the Surface 2.

Verizon finally beat AT&T (and the whole world) to the punch and released the 930 to its customers 3 months in advance. I'm impressed and happy with my purchase of the Icon. I'm excited for my friends on AT&T and around the world to get their hands on this beautiful device.

No, this is a HUGE disappointment. No flagship to release with the OS, and nothing new to take advantage of new WP capabilities.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hope we get more information at Nokia's conference. I want to know what kind of screen it uses, if there really is Micro SD Support, and if it supports Glance.
Given that it looks like a carbon copy of the Icon I hope it doesn't disappoint in those last two areas.

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hope we get more information at Nokia's conference. I want to know what kind of screen it uses, if there really is Micro SD Support, and if it supports Glance.
Given that it looks like a carbon copy of the Icon I hope it doesn't disappoint in those last two areas.
They could have done ANYTHING.... on screen keys, add an IR blaster, water resistance, etc.... Just don't understand why they did nothing new.

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Not coming to US? Really?! I am waiting for Nokia conference later. I have had my 920 since release date and was looking for a nice upgrade for 8.1, yes the 1020 and 1520 are nice but I was hoping for something new to AT&T. I wonder if they wont bring it to AT&T because of the Qi, what a shame. :(

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Sorry but I've held the Icon and it's generic, blocky, and uninspired when compared to Nokia's other designs. I'm glad that you're pleased with it but a lot of people that were hoping for the successor to the 920 to look like the successor to the 920 are not. I'm really hoping Nokia has a more stylish phone down the road.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to see them in person but white or orange. I like the lighter aluminium band and the black one seems to have a darker band. To dark for my taste I think... Looks too much like any other Android, so that's it, white or orange for me, since there is no red.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Nail -> Head. OLED, no Glance, no Micro SD.

Can't catch a break, tried the 1520 but was plagued by the swipe/tap issue, was hoping they would announce sth better than a Global Icon so as to replace my 920.

Oh well...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nail -> Head. OLED, no Glance, no Micro SD.

Can't catch a break, tried the 1520 but was plagued by the swipe/tap issue, was hoping they would announce sth better than a Global Icon so as to replace my 920.

Oh well...

Seems to be quite a few disappointed folks sticking with their 920. Myself included. Just really seems like a step backwards in design for my money. The pillow shaped back is quite nice, but then awkwardly and abruptly "blends" (for lack of a better term) into blocky sides that look just like any random Android (even an iPhone somewhat) over the past 5 years.

Nokia just tweeted that there will be "more Lumia" tonight, but the graphic included a speaker for the letter "O". Only expecting an accessory or two and maybe some app announcements.

MicrosoftFoLife

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Seems to be quite a few disappointed folks sticking with their 920. Myself included. Just really seems like a step backwards in design for my money. The pillow shaped back is quite nice, but then awkwardly and abruptly "blends" (for lack of a better term) into blocky sides that look just like any random Android (even an iPhone somewhat) over the past 5 years.

Nokia just tweeted that there will be "more Lumia" tonight, but the graphic included a speaker for the letter "O". Only expecting an accessory or two and maybe some app announcements.

Ive got the Icon(929) and its shaped roughly the same. I think its nice. I keep it in a case so its a little bigger than normal but I think its great.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Why does OLED = no glance? I thought LED screens were better equipped to support glance since the black parts will not be turned on? Would be nice if someone could explain this. If I remember the 925 has an LED display and it supports glance.

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Why does OLED = no glance? I thought LED screens were better equipped to support glance since the black parts will not be turned on? Would be nice if someone could explain this. If I remember the 925 has an LED display and it supports glance.

it doesn't. The 928 is OLED and supports glance. Apparently 5" 1080P OLED means no glance... For now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99