Who's planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
For those interested, it's available for pre-order on Amazon.de for 579€ (Note: for those in Portugal the final price will be 607€)

Nokia Lumia 930 Smartphone 5 Zoll schwarz: Amazon.de: Elektronik

Do you think it's possible to just pre-order it on Amazon DE and be able to send it to the UK? After all it's the exact same packaging & phone that'll be available to everyone right? UK buyers could possibly get it cheaper by ordering it from Germany for ?480 instead of the ?530 that is listed in the UK - not sure if duty will be charged though so that's one thing to think about.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I believe there are no extra dutys in EU so all you will have to pay extra is postage. And sure, you can order it from DE.

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Have I recently whined that I need AT&T in the U.S. to get this thing? Or.... I may die.

I mean like... horrid. Bloody. Painful. Death-like even.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you think it's possible to just pre-order it on Amazon DE and be able to send it to the UK? After all it's the exact same packaging & phone that'll be available to everyone right? UK buyers could possibly get it cheaper by ordering it from Germany for ?480 instead of the ?530 that is listed in the UK - not sure if duty will be charged though so that's one thing to think about.

There are no taxes within the European Union. When you shop on Amazon-de and ask for it to be shipped to the UK, they'll adjust the VAT (from 19% to 21% or whatever it is now in the UK) and that's it. The only thing you may have to pay is the shipping costs which vary according to country.
For example, to Portugal they charge 7€. But to Belgium there's free shipping (I had mine dispatched to my sister in Belgium).
But no matter what, it will still be cheaper than ?530 I think.

The only thing you should be aware, though, is that the charger you'll receive is a normal European charger. But I don't think that's a big deal as you can continue to use whichever USB charger you already own. Apart from that, it's the exact same phone ;)

(Just so you have an idea, my Lumia 800 and 920 came from Germany, my L620 from Belgium, my 820 from the UK and my 1020 from Finland. So there's absolutely no problem buying phones around Europe as long as they are unlocked as they almost always are ;) )

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have had windows phones with Hong Kong Chinese, French and Australian firmware. Like you say it's just a case of setting region and language preferences to UK. The main difference will be that when the firmware is updated we will get it when it becomes available for Germany. Previous phones I've flashed with cv_gb firmware on receipt, but not sure how available that's going to be for the 930 and Windows 8.1. All in all it really isn't going to be any different to a UK sourced 930 once your preferences have been set.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I have had windows phones with Hong Kong Chinese, French and Australian firmware. Like you say it's just a case of setting region and language preferences to UK. The main difference will be that when the firmware is updated we will get it when it becomes available for Germany. Previous phones I've flashed with cv_gb firmware on receipt, but not sure how available that's going to be for the 930 and Windows 8.1. All in all it really isn't going to be any different to a UK sourced 930 once your preferences have been set.

Yep that's perfectly fine then. I'll just flash the GB version once it's available. I heard there's a May 20th release, so hoping it's very soon!

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

And if you want to have a specific firmware in the phone, as long as you're not locked to a carrier, you can take the phone to Nokia and they change it for you.
I had my 1020 changed by them 'cause it came with Finnish firmware and I need my phones with Deutsche Telekom's firmware because of the dark grey tiles. They changed it, no problem. And when I get my 930, unless it comes from Germany with Deutsche Telekom's branding (I'm not sure if the phones Amazon sells are branded or not) I'll be asking Nokia to replace the firmware again, too.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
After researching most the day I've come to the conclusion that the 930 will release on 9th June. Also Amazon.fr currently has the cheapest pre-order for anyone wanting it delivered to the UK.

schumo

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I have also preordered a black one. This will be my first Windows Phone device after four years with Samsung. Anybody else coming from Android and getting the 930 as first Windows device?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
After researching most the day I've come to the conclusion that the 930 will release on 9th June. Also Amazon.fr currently has the cheapest pre-order for anyone wanting it delivered to the UK.

Yes they have. Unfortunately, Amazon.fr ONLY HAS the white version. Please, beware of that. I pre-ordered from them through the Amazon App and it allowed me to select the black version, but then the link in the confirmation email led to the white version. I contacted Amazon.fr and they said it was due to a mistake in the listings on the app and that they only have the white version.

So if you buy through Amazon.fr, you better want the white model.

As for the 9th June release date...I don't think so. But let's see.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Just cancelled my pre-order on amazon.de and placed an order on amazon.fr - their price is amazing, and I wanted the white version anyway. I speak French too so feel more comfortable with the French site.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes they have. Unfortunately, Amazon.fr ONLY HAS the white version. Please, beware of that. I pre-ordered from them through the Amazon App and it allowed me to select the black version, but then the link in the confirmation email led to the white version. I contacted Amazon.fr and they said it was due to a mistake in the listings on the app and that they only have the white version.

So if you buy through Amazon.fr, you better want the white model.

As for the 9th June release date...I don't think so. But let's see.

What's going to be the final price from Amazon.fr to Portugal?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What's going to be the final price from Amazon.fr to Portugal?

570,73€ including the 8€ of shipping costs for the white version.

Mind you, sometimes Amazon changes prices according to the person buying (I don't know why). Anyway, that's the price I got on the test on Amazon-fr (mine will be from Amazon.de as I want the black version and it will be shipped to my sister in Belgium to get free P&P).

Also, if you people want to help us folks who want other colours, go to Amazon.DE and click on "?ber einen g?nstigeren Preis informieren?". Then place the link to the French Amazon there.

That way Amazon will see it and eventually drop the price on the german site as well.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Only ?529 on eXpansys.de?

570,73? including the 8? of shipping costs for the white version.

Mind you, sometimes Amazon changes prices according to the person buying (I don't know why). Anyway, that's the price I got on the test on Amazon-fr (mine will be from Amazon.de as I want the black version and it will be shipped to my sister in Belgium to get free P&P).

Also, if you people want to help us folks who want other colours, go to Amazon.DE and click on "?ber einen g?nstigeren Preis informieren?". Then place the link to the French Amazon there.

That way Amazon will see it and eventually drop the price on the german site as well.

And how does the warranty work when you buy it from amazon? Can I go to any Nokia (Microsoft) Store if I have some problem with the device?

Last edited:

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Yup why not my iPhone comes from china, when there is something wrong with it I can go to the applestore here in Amsterdam with no trouble at all, you're warranty is worldwide :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Only €529 on eXpansys.de?

And how does the warranty work when you buy it from amazon? Can I go to any Nokia (Microsoft) Store if I have some problem with the device?

It ends up being 545€ after the VAT adjustment which they'll always do. I've cancelled my pre-order on Amazon.de and pre-ordered it on Expansys.pt. IT's 543€. Even if the shipping costs are 10€, it's still cheaper than the 588€ I'd pay on Amazon.de and it will come directly to me instead of my sister.

As for warranties, within the European Union they are all valid. If you buy from Amazon.fr or Amazon.de or any store within the European Union, Nokia will accept the warranty.
Now, in Nokia Care Lisbon they require that the IMEI is in the invoice and Amazon doesn't put it in. BUT you can always go to you Amazon account and get the invoice from there as a PDF. Then open the .pdf with Microsoft Word and edit the IMEI into the invoice. Problem solved ;P

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss