06-27-2014 10:27 AM
291 12345 ...
tools
    I would pre-order right NOW if I could. Its a shame that we have to wait until June. I dont even understand why. Production is allready running (Icon!?) and they introduced nothing new.

Still not sure what color to get. I would have preferred a blue one but will probably go with the black one. Green and white YACK ... orange maybe
    maverick786us likes this.
    04-03-2014 01:44 AM
    I would pre-order right NOW if I could. Its a shame that we have to wait until June. I dont even understand why. Production is allready running (Icon!?) and they introduced nothing new.

Still not sure what color to get. I would have preferred a blue one but will probably go with the black one. Green and white YACK ... orange maybe
    Yes WP 8.1 will be out be Apr 8. Nokia should have released this device maximum by end of April
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-03-2014 02:37 AM
    1520 with a smaller screen? But it looks absolutely nothing like it. Not even close (unfortunately).
    ^This. The 1520 is an excellent device both in technology and design terms.

Even if they wanted to deviate from the 1520 design and maintain the Icon look (why?) they could at least keep all the features.

A flagship without MicroSD and Glance? Pfft.
    hasasimo likes this.
    04-03-2014 02:39 AM
    I've got another 9 months left before I can upgrade my 920 so not me.
    But look at the orange 930!!! I want it!!!
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-03-2014 02:47 AM
    Do the people responsible for these things actually do any market research or they just arrogantly go for their personal ideas? First and foremost,the world does not start and end with the USA. It really doesn't. This was discovered a few years ago. Online storage is not something that is feasible in a great many markets. Right now,we are hearing and learning about the push for emerging markets. Well,reality check you dumbasses. 32GB internal storage is all that the 930 has to people in these markets. Internet in most markets is not as seamless as people think,so the extra and very paltry 7GB OneDrive online storage is completely useless. This is one of the reasons I was always put off the iPhone. It's amazing that Nokia used to get these simple things right back in the Symbian days and they seem to get clueless more with the WP days. A Nokia N97 had 32 GB internal storage and a micro-SD slot,yet Nokia's 2014 flagship has less offline storage capacity.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    04-03-2014 02:56 AM
    Me. Want. Orange. And I'll probably be getting a few more for my employees. It's really, perfectly, a no compromises phone IMO. Top of the line specs across the board. And it comes in orange!
    04-03-2014 03:38 AM
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I just can't bring myself to. At least not just yet. Disappointed in it, mainly the design, but other things as well. Really, the only thing I like about it is the colors. I'll either get a 1520 or wait to see what the holiday season has in store (Goldfinger, please).

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid device, and some do like the design. Just not my cup of tea.
    I'm with this guy. Overall, a really good phone. But really needed removable micro SD card support to keep up with the competition I think. My biggest gripe is the still relatively smallish 2400mAh battery. I too will wait for Goldfinger, or whatever successor to the 1020 is.
    hasasimo likes this.
    04-03-2014 03:39 AM
    The 1520 is too large for many, myself included, but again, the greatest thing, is that we get to choose. Personally, it's 930 all the way for me.
    04-03-2014 03:40 AM
    Hi All

So who's planning on pre-ordering or getting the 930?
    1000% sure I will. I can only find two disadvantages: the limited colour choice and the fact that they did not choose the adreno 805 (for a better battery life).
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-03-2014 03:43 AM
    I'd like one, but I'm not entirely sold on the design. Hate to say it, but the edges seem too Apple-like to me. Would have preferred to see rounded edges like on the 920 or 800 for example since it felt more comfortable in the hand. I'm also not personally a fan of the colour options, although seeing Stephen Elop whip out the orange ones to match his kicks looked cool. I'll reserve real judgement though until I get a chance to see it in person. I also wans't a fan of the 925 until I saw it in store.

Having said that, the feature set of the phone itself is very appealing and seems like a natural progression from the 920.
    snowmutt and hasasimo like this.
    04-03-2014 04:20 AM
    I'd like one, but I'm not entirely sold on the design. Hate to say it, but the edges seem too Apple-like to me. Would have preferred to see rounded edges like on the 920 or 800 for example since it felt more comfortable in the hand. I'm also not personally a fan of the colour options, although seeing Stephen Elop whip out the orange ones to match his kicks looked cool. I'll reserve real judgement though until I get a chance to see it in person. I also wans't a fan of the 925 until I saw it in store.

Having said that, the feature set of the phone itself is very appealing and seems like a natural progression from the 920.

Yeah, I cannot wrap my head around the color choices either. The black and white are fine, but the orange and green, very pop art like. And what the hell happened to the extremely popular and cool looking yellow? If you are only going to have one bright color, that is the one to have-yet completely missing on this new model.
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-03-2014 05:15 AM
    They are strange color choices.....

But if the L930 was coming, I would pre-order today. In white please. Then pitch a tent by my mail box. My dog and I will be just fine.

As it is, AT&T has lead the charge in WP devices here in the US for a long, long time. From a ton of choices (5 devices, if memory serves) at the WP launch, the top end and great mid range selections with Mango (Samsung Focus S, Focus 2, Focus Flash, and the HTC Titan series) along with Nokia's first flagship in the 900, to being exclusive to theWP8 launch of the L920, the home to the top flight L1020, and the first hi def monster from WP (L1520), I got all shade of spoiled.

A gash-darn (pardon my french) top end 5" Phone??? Just one, please?? Geez, what a bunch of teases....
    04-03-2014 05:58 AM
    I don't quite see it as much of an upgrade over my L925 (t-mobile). I was going to put the money down for an unlocked 1020, but looking at the specs, it's a thicker, heavier 925 with a much better camera. I think my next upgrade will be whatever the 1020 successor will be, instead of this 930.
    04-03-2014 06:54 AM
    HOWEVER, I'm European. And we Europeans buy phones at full price, not on carrier contracts. Now, this phone will cost 650 in Europe (750 in Portugal thanks to the ever stealing retailers here).
    Are you Portuguese? I haven't realised that before, despite having read dozens of your posts over the last several months. The phone will probably reach our retailers only by August as it always happens. I'm not whiling to wait that long. I'll try to buy it from Germany, UK or France and maybe I can get a better price that way.
    04-03-2014 06:58 AM
    I really want to downsize from my 1520.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    04-03-2014 07:42 AM
    NOT ME
    because i have 1520.. love it!
    bigger and perfect to use!
    i will buy next lumia or apple only if they have something new (a lot new)
    apple - 5+ inch must!
    nokia - camera 41mp with 3000+ battery and 800qualcomm
    only 1 of them i will buy

i'm staying with my 1520 for a year i guess..
    04-03-2014 08:11 AM
    No, will wait for 930 + 41MP + Xenon Flash + No wireless charging

A 5", 41MP Lumia 1030, perhaps? ;-)

Other than those few things though, this phone is almost spot-on!! Looks great with the metallic surround and camera lens flush with the body! A very good successor to the 920.
    04-03-2014 09:22 AM
    No yellow, so... nope.

Also I'm in the US.
    04-03-2014 09:34 AM
    A lot can happen in 2 months. Probably price and colors will still change until then ;)
    04-03-2014 09:45 AM
    930 needs to have microSD card, period. Also offer more colors - red, cyan and yellow along with orange and green. The design is okay, can be better - more along the lines of 925 or 1520 but oh well perhaps Goldfinger will address all these gripes. But what a wasted opportunity putting orange and green lipstick on a VZW phone:-(
    04-03-2014 10:59 AM
    Hi All

So who's planning on pre-ordering or getting the 930?
    My answer is NO.. Only because of lack of Micro-SD Card Slot.! :(
    04-03-2014 11:49 AM
    I was planning on it, but there's no indication that it's coming to Canada, and I'm not going to import a phone. :-(
    04-03-2014 12:03 PM
    930 will be my next target. but hope that will not be too expensive. Hmmmm... In malaysia usually it will cost more than 2k..
    04-03-2014 12:04 PM
    Are you Portuguese? I haven't realised that before, despite having read dozens of your posts over the last several months. The phone will probably reach our retailers only by August as it always happens. I'm not whiling to wait that long. I'll try to buy it from Germany, UK or France and maybe I can get a better price that way.
    I've said it more than once ;P
    I don't expect it to arrive at FNAC until September. Judging by previous launches, there's always a 3 month delay between Germany and Portugal. So if they arrive in Germany in June, it should only arrive here in September.
    And even later to Vodafone, TMN and Optimus (actually, Optimus probably won't even have it).

I've 4 Lumias, none of them bought in Portugal. I bought the L800 in Spain for 400€ upon launch, the L620 in Belgium for a little over 200€ (it costed 300€ in Portugal), the L920 in Germany for 550€ upon launch (it was 750€ in Portugal) and the 1020 for 485€ also in Germany (though the phone came directly from Finland).

I haven't bought a phone in Portugal in years and I have absolutely no intention of ever doing it again.
    I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy the 930 from Amazon Deutschland for 650€ if not 600€ upon launch. France and UK are always more expensive. France overprices everything (FNAC is French after all) and in the UK you have the problem of the Pound being stronger than the Euro.

I'm getting the 930 from Germany again, for sure. Not only because of the price, but also because I always try to get it through Deutsche Telekom because of the dark grey exclusive accent colour (though if I get it cheaper elsewhere I'll get it elsewhere and ask Nokia to replace the software on my phone for the DT one. I did that with my 1020)
    04-03-2014 12:10 PM
    After rockin a 1520 for the past few months I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to a regular phone......I'm phablet hooked :-)

Just hope Microsoft and it's hardware partners come out with cool phablet update in 18-24 months time. One things for sure, whatever they come out with, the 1520 will be a hard act to follow
    04-03-2014 01:10 PM
291 12345 ...