Who's planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

BlackZeppelin

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd like one, but I'm not entirely sold on the design. Hate to say it, but the edges seem too Apple-like to me. Would have preferred to see rounded edges like on the 920 or 800 for example since it felt more comfortable in the hand. I'm also not personally a fan of the colour options, although seeing Stephen Elop whip out the orange ones to match his kicks looked cool. I'll reserve real judgement though until I get a chance to see it in person. I also wans't a fan of the 925 until I saw it in store.

Having said that, the feature set of the phone itself is very appealing and seems like a natural progression from the 920.

Yeah, I cannot wrap my head around the color choices either. The black and white are fine, but the orange and green, very pop art like. And what the hell happened to the extremely popular and cool looking yellow? If you are only going to have one bright color, that is the one to have-yet completely missing on this new model.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
They are strange color choices.....

But if the L930 was coming, I would pre-order today. In white please. Then pitch a tent by my mail box. My dog and I will be just fine.

As it is, AT&T has lead the charge in WP devices here in the US for a long, long time. From a ton of choices (5 devices, if memory serves) at the WP launch, the top end and great mid range selections with Mango (Samsung Focus S, Focus 2, Focus Flash, and the HTC Titan series) along with Nokia's first flagship in the 900, to being exclusive to theWP8 launch of the L920, the home to the top flight L1020, and the first hi def monster from WP (L1520), I got all shade of spoiled.

A gash-darn (pardon my french) top end 5" Phone??? Just one, please?? Geez, what a bunch of teases....

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't quite see it as much of an upgrade over my L925 (t-mobile). I was going to put the money down for an unlocked 1020, but looking at the specs, it's a thicker, heavier 925 with a much better camera. I think my next upgrade will be whatever the 1020 successor will be, instead of this 930.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

HOWEVER, I'm European. And we Europeans buy phones at full price, not on carrier contracts. Now, this phone will cost 650? in Europe (750? in Portugal thanks to the ever stealing retailers here).

Are you Portuguese? I haven't realised that before, despite having read dozens of your posts over the last several months. The phone will probably reach our retailers only by August as it always happens. I'm not whiling to wait that long. I'll try to buy it from Germany, UK or France and maybe I can get a better price that way.

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
NOT ME
because i have 1520.. love it!
bigger and perfect to use!
i will buy next lumia or apple only if they have something new (a lot new)
apple - 5+ inch must!
nokia - camera 41mp with 3000+ battery and 800qualcomm
only 1 of them i will buy

i'm staying with my 1520 for a year i guess..

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
No, will wait for 930 + 41MP + Xenon Flash + No wireless charging

A 5", 41MP Lumia 1030, perhaps? ;-)

Other than those few things though, this phone is almost spot-on!! Looks great with the metallic surround and camera lens flush with the body! A very good successor to the 920.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
930 needs to have microSD card, period. Also offer more colors - red, cyan and yellow along with orange and green. The design is okay, can be better - more along the lines of 925 or 1520 but oh well perhaps Goldfinger will address all these gripes. But what a wasted opportunity putting orange and green lipstick on a VZW phone:-(

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Are you Portuguese? I haven't realised that before, despite having read dozens of your posts over the last several months. The phone will probably reach our retailers only by August as it always happens. I'm not whiling to wait that long. I'll try to buy it from Germany, UK or France and maybe I can get a better price that way.

I've said it more than once ;P
I don't expect it to arrive at FNAC until September. Judging by previous launches, there's always a 3 month delay between Germany and Portugal. So if they arrive in Germany in June, it should only arrive here in September.
And even later to Vodafone, TMN and Optimus (actually, Optimus probably won't even have it).

I've 4 Lumias, none of them bought in Portugal. I bought the L800 in Spain for 400€ upon launch, the L620 in Belgium for a little over 200€ (it costed 300€ in Portugal), the L920 in Germany for 550€ upon launch (it was 750€ in Portugal) and the 1020 for 485€ also in Germany (though the phone came directly from Finland).

I haven't bought a phone in Portugal in years and I have absolutely no intention of ever doing it again.
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy the 930 from Amazon Deutschland for 650€ if not 600€ upon launch. France and UK are always more expensive. France overprices everything (FNAC is French after all) and in the UK you have the problem of the Pound being stronger than the Euro.

I'm getting the 930 from Germany again, for sure. Not only because of the price, but also because I always try to get it through Deutsche Telekom because of the dark grey exclusive accent colour (though if I get it cheaper elsewhere I'll get it elsewhere and ask Nokia to replace the software on my phone for the DT one. I did that with my 1020)

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
After rockin a 1520 for the past few months I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to a regular phone......I'm phablet hooked :)

Just hope Microsoft and it's hardware partners come out with cool phablet update in 18-24 months time. One things for sure, whatever they come out with, the 1520 will be a hard act to follow

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I have been looking for a upgrade to my very nice red 820 but without a SD card slot and a removeable battery I don't see it in this. I have a 7 inch tablet and a 9 inch tablet so I prefer a smaller phone to carry around. 4.5 inch would be perfect; but I could live with a 5" but without the SD card slot and removeable battery I don't see how I could give up the 64GB card in my 820. And with 128GB cards comming out I don't see how they missed the boat on lack of storage. Maybe if you could get it in a 64GB mem model I could trade off the SD slot, but being limited to 32GB is not in the works. Isn't it odd that all the 8XX and below come with SD slots and very few of the higher end Lumia's do. If you will notice almost all of the Samsungs come with a SD slot. Maybe that is why they are the best selling phones. Food for thought.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I've said it more than once ;P
I don't expect it to arrive at FNAC until September. Judging by previous launches, there's always a 3 month delay between Germany and Portugal. So if they arrive in Germany in June, it should only arrive here in September.
And even later to Vodafone, TMN and Optimus (actually, Optimus probably won't even have it).

I've 4 Lumias, none of them bought in Portugal. I bought the L800 in Spain for 400? upon launch, the L620 in Belgium for a little over 200? (it costed 300? in Portugal), the L920 in Germany for 550? upon launch (it was 750? in Portugal) and the 1020 for 485? also in Germany (though the phone came directly from Finland).

I haven't bought a phone in Portugal in years and I have absolutely no intention of ever doing it again.
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy the 930 from Amazon Deutschland for 650? if not 600? upon launch. France and UK are always more expensive. France overprices everything (FNAC is French after all) and in the UK you have the problem of the Pound being stronger than the Euro.

I'm getting the 930 from Germany again, for sure. Not only because of the price, but also because I always try to get it through Deutsche Telekom because of the dark grey exclusive accent colour (though if I get it cheaper elsewhere I'll get it elsewhere and ask Nokia to replace the software on my phone for the DT one. I did that with my 1020)

That's great to know! So you say that the best option, for those of us who don't want to wait 3 months, is to buy it from Amazon Deutschland at launch?

I am probably going to Frankfurt in the beginning of June but there are no precise launch dates, so it's hard to know if I'll find it there or not. Also, the last time I went there, the 920 had just been released but it was already sold out everywhere. Guess there are many fans going after these great devices at their launch.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

That's great to know! So you say that the best option, for those of us who don't want to wait 3 months, is to buy it from Amazon Deutschland at launch?

I am probably going to Frankfurt in the beginning of June but there are no precise launch dates, so it's hard to know if I'll find it there or not. Also, the last time I went there, the 920 had just been released but it was already sold out everywhere. Guess there are many fans going after these great devices at their launch.

To buy at launch, yes, Amazon Deutschland is the best option. Also, they get the phones before the physical stores. Last Christmas the Z1 was already out, I wanted to check it, went to the usual stores in K?ln and Essen and none had it yet available. Also, I don't expect the 930 to be available right at the beginning of June.

I prefer, however, to give it a couple of months. Unlike things here, the prices start to drop shortly after the phones are released. For example, the just launched Z1 Compact has already come down from 499? to 465?. The yellow Nokia L1520 is already selling for 575? (the black is "under investigation" but was selling for little over 500? last I checked).

To me, it's preferable to wait a couple of months than to just throw away so much money needlessly. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12