Who's planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just can't bring myself to. At least not just yet. Disappointed in it, mainly the design, but other things as well. Really, the only thing I like about it is the colors. I'll either get a 1520 or wait to see what the holiday season has in store (Goldfinger, please).

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid device, and some do like the design. Just not my cup of tea.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I'd love to move my wife from her ATT 920 (flashed to Rogers firmware, and I have an unlock code) to an unbranded 930, so this is on my maybe list.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I'll skip for now. The 920 is still alive and kicking strong and I love the phone. I typically upgrade every 2 years (that would be up nov 2014) or so, but this one might be closer to/over 3 years. Partially cos I'll be in the transition between graduation and work life, so it might be hard to justify a new phone when the 920 is so good. And who knows, maybe for once I will not get a flagship.. the 1020 seems quite fancy and will be quite cheap by that and WP will still run amazing even if it's a bit older hardware. Mostly for the slightly bumped specs and the better camera.

Not to mention I'm not interested at all in a phone bigger than the 920, even that is already really pushing it, but still bearable. I don't need or want a 5" phone, although I wouldn't baseline mind a 1080p screen on 4,5" either, even if the 920 screen is already amazing.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm totally in for it! Just wanted red, but since it isn't available, I'm undecided about which colour I'll choose! Will have to see them in person.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I would love to buy this phone! The problem is that it is really expensive.. But it's a good price for a flagship device, actually.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Only if something happens to my 1020 and nothing else is released that I'd be interested in

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I'll skip for now. The 920 is still alive and kicking strong and I love the phone. I typically upgrade every 2 years (that would be up nov 2014) or so, but this one might be closer to/over 3 years. Partially cos I'll be in the transition between graduation and work life, so it might be hard to justify a new phone when the 920 is so good. And who knows, maybe for once I will not get a flagship.. the 1020 seems quite fancy and will be quite cheap by that and WP will still run amazing even if it's a bit older hardware. Mostly for the slightly bumped specs and the better camera.

Not to mention I'm not interested at all in a phone bigger than the 920, even that is already really pushing it, but still bearable. I don't need or want a 5" phone, although I wouldn't baseline mind a 1080p screen on 4,5" either, even if the 920 screen is already amazing.

Loving my 920 too. In fairness though, it's the exact same size as the Icon/930 even though the latter has a bigger display. See for yourself at a Verizon store.

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I have a 920 now, and the 930 checks off the must haves of faster processor, higher MP camera, OLED screen, and integrated Qi charging. It's just missing the micro SD slot. My contract is up in December, so I'll hope that my dream Lumia is out by then.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Could someone please clarify one point for me:

I thought I heard Elop say that the 930 will not be coming to the US. In the US, we will have the Icon (a variant of the 930) - which is currently a Verizon exclusive. Until we hear otherwise, are we to assume that none of the other carriers will have this handset? How can we pre-order a device that isn't available yet?

leviathan18

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I will upgrade at 2 year mark so in January so the deal with MS is done and we will see what new toy they have for us

Glenn De Weerdt

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I'll buy a white one to replace my old and cheap Android phone as soon as possible!!! I really can't wait for June! I completely love the design and the specs are great too! Sounds like the perfect phone for me :)

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Need to see more and know if it will support att lte. (unlocked international version). Would love to have it over my 925.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

My wife and I both have a 1020. Even though the majority of the specs on the 930 are awesome, it's only got the 20mp camera. Frankly, unless someone can produce a photo & video shootout between the 1020 and the 930 showing the 930 clearly winning, I just don't see us parting company with the 1020. The camera simply blows away all competition. I would LOVE to see the true successor to the 1020---in colorful bodies. One of the things I don't like about the 930 is that it looks too much like iPhone and other candy bar phones...just with a light candy shell ;) It's just not very attractive.

Joe Tindall

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Was thinking about it but its design is so uninspired, I hope this isnt going to become a trend under MS

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

The 930 is not coming to the US.

From Nokia Conversations website:

"The Nokia Lumia 930 is priced at $599 before taxes and subsidies. It will be available from June – beginning in Europe, Asia, India, Middle East and Latin America – and will continue to rollout throughout the world (except the US) throughout the summer."

Nokia Lumia 930: simply the best of Microsoft and Lumia - Nokia Conversations

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I really hope Nokia is taking note of all the people that are disappointed in this design. I don't recall the same reaction about any previous Lumia flagships. I hope they were just concentrating on their next true flagship (Goldfinger?) and weren't just too lazy to switch up the boxiness they acquiesced to for Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)