Who's planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

To buy at launch, yes, Amazon Deutschland is the best option. Also, they get the phones before the physical stores. Last Christmas the Z1 was already out, I wanted to check it, went to the usual stores in K?ln and Essen and none had it yet available. Also, I don't expect the 930 to be available right at the beginning of June.

I prefer, however, to give it a couple of months. Unlike things here, the prices start to drop shortly after the phones are released. For example, the just launched Z1 Compact has already come down from 499? to 465?. The yellow Nokia L1520 is already selling for 575? (the black is "under investigation" but was selling for little over 500? last I checked).

To me, it's preferable to wait a couple of months than to just throw away so much money needlessly. ;)

I agree with that when you don't have any urgency to get the phone, but in my situation, my 920 was stolen last August, since then I've been dealing with my old N8! Believe me, it's not a great experience. I really need a 930 right now :D

So, it's going to be Amazon Deutschland! I hope they can sell it for less than ?700.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I agree with that when you don't have any urgency to get the phone, but in my situation, my 920 was stolen last August, since then I've been dealing with my old N8! Believe me, it's not a great experience. I really need a 930 right now :D

So, it's going to be Amazon Deutschland! I hope they can sell it for less than €700.

Well yeah it's weird being back to a feature phone, but hey...you could be forced into something worse like a Samsung or something lol

Anyway, yes, I'm pretty sure Amazon DE will get the 930 for less than 700€. ;)

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It is announced for 579 ? and I dont see why amazon.de will sell it for much more. I am from Germany so I will buy there anyways.

The problem with windows phone flagships is that they tend to get cheaper very fast. I would probably wait a view weeks, but on the other hand I would like to get the review out as soon as possible.

Additionaly there is still the color issue: I am pretty sure that they will come out with a cyan and yello version later.

Overall I am afraid that - if I buy early June - I would get it much cheaper and with more colors a view weeks/months later. But June is allready a long time away and waiting even more sucks a lot. Why cant they just sell that darn thing right now :(

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It is announced for 579 € and I dont see why amazon.de will sell it for much more. I am from Germany so I will buy there anyways.

The problem with windows phone flagships is that they tend to get cheaper very fast. I would probably wait a view weeks, but on the other hand I would like to get the review out as soon as possible.

Additionaly there is still the color issue: I am pretty sure that they will come out with a cyan and yello version later.

Overall I am afraid that - if I buy early June - I would get it much cheaper and with more colors a view weeks/months later. But June is allready a long time away and waiting even more sucks a lot. Why cant they just sell that darn thing right now :(

Though I'm not a fan of the design, yellow with that metallic frame should be a sexy combo. Grey (or silver) with bright yellow is very en vogue.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yellow would be a no-brainer, same as red or blue. All those primary colors would look great with the steel frame.

But neon green and orange?! *sigh*

xRiceyx

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I was planning on getting the one in green but then found out that it can't use the glance feature. This is something I have gotten so accustomed to using lately I just have to have it. Will have to stick to my 1520 until something else comes along.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Loving my 920 too. In fairness though, it's the exact same size as the Icon/930 even though the latter has a bigger display. See for yourself at a Verizon store.

We don't have Verizon in Finland, but they do not have the same dimensions. Given, 920 is big for "just" a 4,5" display, so 930 is probably more real estate efficient.

930: 137 x 71 x 9.8 mm, 94.7 cc (5.39 x 2.80 x 0.39 in)
920: 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7 mm, 99 cc (5.13 x 2.79 x 0.42 in)

inffy

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I preordered one straight after the announcement was made.

Replaces my work 925.

I don't mind the missing glance screen, i can just double tap the screen to get it woken up. Integrated QI is much more important to me, and I will not buy a device without wireless charging ( cover or backplate enabling is fine) anymore. I have wireless charges at home (2x) and one at work and nokia cr-201 wireless car charger at car.

​Atleast they work also with my Nexus 5 which I will soon exchange to another WP phone.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok, yes I allready read that article. I am pretty sure thats just because their 930 demo unit is running pure 8.1 without Cyan. Glance is no dealbreaker for me, but DTTW would be.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Well yeah it's weird being back to a feature phone, but hey...you could be forced into something worse like a Samsung or something lol

Anyway, yes, I'm pretty sure Amazon DE will get the 930 for less than 700?. ;)

The N8 isn't a feature phone, it's a smartphone that runs Symbian, which is practice means that it is ultra slow and it's just frustrating to try to accomplish some smart task with it. Only things I like about it is GPS and Camera (still better than most smartphones nowadays).

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

I'd love to move my wife from her ATT 920 (flashed to Rogers firmware, and I have an unlock code) to an unbranded 930, so this is on my maybe list.

What does your wife think about this? I'm a bit puzzled why you care so much about her phone.

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I love it! Love the boxy design, looks sexy and stunning to me (Will only go for black though). The only thing bothering me is the price and the availability date - I will switch my phone at the August.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Unless the next 41mp gem drops before I scrape the money together, the 930 WILL be the device to replace my beloved Ativ S. Sammy lost my repeat business when the SE lost its dedicated camera button.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It is announced for 579 € and I dont see why amazon.de will sell it for much more. I am from Germany so I will buy there anyways.

That's BEFORE taxes. Don't forget we pay VAT in Europe directly when we purchase the phone. So you have to add VAT to that.
At any rate, yeah, they do fall down in price rather quickly. Which I think it's good. Except for impatient people =P In the case of the 930...well, I would never pay full price for what it is so I will be waiting for the price drops anyway.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

The N8 isn't a feature phone, it's a smartphone that runs Symbian, which is practice means that it is ultra slow and it's just frustrating to try to accomplish some smart task with it. Only things I like about it is GPS and Camera (still better than most smartphones nowadays).

Symbian is not a smartphone platform. It's a feature platform much like Asha. It's not a dumbphone. It's a feature phone. Means it has advanced features without going smart on you. And yes, all the N series was pretty awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb