Who's planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes its a true successor to the 920

Not really when you consider the 920 has a very popular feature that the 930 doesn't... Glance Screen. Though it's a step forward in some regards, it's more of it's own device than a true successor in my opinion considering the absence of this feature as well as the blocky aesthetics.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a little talk with the official german cyberport twitter account. They told me the price (599€) and even more important the delivery date (15.05.2014) was given by their supplier. Of course noone knows where they get there data from but its pretty solid I'd say.

As I suspected it would happen, the date was just postponed to the 19th of June.

Shiawian

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I will get the L930 as I dropped my 920 in a pool of water. It is still functioning after a two days operation to have dry, but the screen damaged.
Also I am start seeing some malfunctions so I can wait to get my hands on the 930.
exactly what I was waiting for. acceptable storage, althought 64GB was more appropriate. and toher spec are just great.
If they could lose the hardware keys and place onscreen would be even nicer.

neil davies1

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
i so getting 930 i got nokia lumia 920 it as it great speed no slow down like my android phone the camera is great to and 8.1 the big question is who to get with ee virginmedia or 3 ??

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Most probably ill be getting one. It's just an amazing phone. What I'll interested in is the processor and the step counter abilities. BTW just wrote this with word flow and it's amazing. Hehe 😁

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

I think it's nice but not particularly interesting. It just doesn't excite me the way previous high-end Lumias have, and doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade over my 925 to justify replacing it. I'm gonna wait for the 1020's successor, assuming there is one in the pipeline.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

I think it's nice but not particularly interesting. It just doesn't excite me the way previous high-end Lumias have, and doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade over my 925 to justify replacing it. I'm gonna wait for the 1020's successor, assuming there is one in the pipeline.

Not until around 2015 ;)

Also, if you had a 920 I'd agree with you. But I think the 930 is clearly an upgrade over the 925. Just think about it: better processor etc (SD800, 2GB yadayadayada), better camera (20mp), built in wireless charging, 32GB of storage instead of just 16GB...
If the 930 upgrades on something, it's the 925, more than the 920.

levi96

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I hope to get a lumia 930 if it comes to Canada I'm tired if useing my iPhone 4s after having a nokia lumia 625

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I hope to get a lumia 930 if it comes to Canada I'm tired if useing my iPhone 4s after having a nokia lumia 625

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

lol going from a 625 to a 930 would be like going from a clapped out WV Polo to a Ferrari Enzo.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
alright, i am out of 930 game. couldnt wait another months, so finally bought 925 today.

I think you will be fine in terms of specs and design for a long time, specially once you update to the definitive version of WP8.1.

I won't do the same only because I want a bigger screen and I can wait 1 more month for a better camera.

Sam Lawton

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
By the end of August I can afford to buy myself out of my contract, this is at the top of my list - I just want the music app to be sorted as this is literally the ONLY thing keeping me on iOS. Will never buy another Android (don't want Google to track every element of my life) and I'm not a fan of iOS, only the music capabilities keep me on it.

I hope that the prices of this are reasonable, otherwise I'll get second choice - the 1520 (put off by screen size but want the SD card support, hence it's only just second place).

Does WP have a photoshop elements app yet? Or an equivalent?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
By the end of August I can afford to buy myself out of my contract, this is at the top of my list - I just want the music app to be sorted as this is literally the ONLY thing keeping me on iOS. Will never buy another Android (don't want Google to track every element of my life) and I'm not a fan of iOS, only the music capabilities keep me on it.

I hope that the prices of this are reasonable, otherwise I'll get second choice - the 1520 (put off by screen size but want the SD card support, hence it's only just second place).

Does WP have a photoshop elements app yet? Or an equivalent?

The phone should retail off-contract by around 600€ (aprox US$750) if you buy it day one. A month or two later and the price comes down.

As for photoshop, the official app isn't available, but there are plenty of photoshop apps available. I'm a big fan of Fantasia Painter. But there are tons, including Nokia's own Creative Studio. You won't miss photoshop at all.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
We have cheap 2 years contract offer, but unlocked phone. You pay 398?! I get it!!
yes, that's true - take a look at sparhandy.de (german site).
There you can order the Lumia 930 currently for about 418 EUR (was lucky to order it for 398 EUR, too):
- 24 * 14,95 EUR for the (cheap) contract
- 59 EUR for the phone (1-time payment)

even if you don't use the contract, that's currently the best price I found in the net...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb