Who's planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
International version isn't compatible with your 4G networks?

There's one common LTE band from what I've read, so in theory it'll work in certain areas. I'm just frustrated that none of our carriers seem interested in picking up any new WP flagships. Our "flagship" is still the 1020.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
There's one common LTE band from what I've read, so in theory it'll work in certain areas. I'm just frustrated that none of our carriers seem interested in picking up any new WP flagships. Our "flagship" is still the 1020.

Ignore the carriers. If more people did the same they wouldn't be as powerful as they are, meaning, every phone working on every carrier in the future...

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
In north America at least no phone will ever work on all carriers without 3 different cellelar radios. Unfortunately Verizon and sprint do not conform to the GSM standard the rest of the work uses. They creatively update outdated cell technology because updating to GSM is far too expensive for them.

Last edited:

maddogmoffit

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
In April it was a closed deal, I would get the 930 when it arrived. In May it become a maybe as I had time to think, do I want a refurbished Icon with all it's defects like small battery, limited storage and no possibility to expansion? Now in June I'm more sure that I will not get an 930, if the 630 had 1 gig of memory I would have one in my hand at this moment waiting for a true flagship at the year end. I will get something in the shift June/July, it will not be a 930, it could be 630 or if they have released one of the new brands Yess and Blu or I give up and get LG G3/HTC M8 as a proper flagship phone.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
In April it was a closed deal, I would get the 930 when it arrived. In May it become a maybe as I had time to think, do I want a refurbished Icon with all it's defects like small battery, limited storage and no possibility to expansion? Now in June I'm more sure that I will not get an 930, if the 630 had 1 gig of memory I would have one in my hand at this moment waiting for a true flagship at the year end. I will get something in the shift June/July, it will not be a 930, it could be 630 or if they have released one of the new brands Yess and Blu or I give up and get LG G3/HTC M8 as a proper flagship phone.

It's frustrating for sure! I'm in the same position but don't let this frustration lead you to commit the mistake of buying an Android device. They are horrible.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's frustrating for sure! I'm in the same position but don't let this frustration lead you to commit the mistake of buying an Android device. They are horrible.

You should try Sony's Z1 Compact and Z2. I'm pretty sure you'd change your mind ;)

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You should try Sony's Z1 Compact and Z2. I'm pretty sure you'd change your mind ;)

I don't have a problem with other OEMs hardware (actually I do, with Samsung). My problem is with Android itself, the way it works, it is just bad.

And I'm not even talking about lag, although it still exists after some time using the devices... because apps aren't sandboxed, you easily lose control over them.

I'm talking about design, processes and user experience decisions...

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a problem with other OEMs hardware (actually I do, with Samsung). My problem is with Android itself, the way it works, it is just bad.

And I'm not even talking about lag, although it still exists after some time using the devices... because apps aren't sandboxed, you easily lose control over them.

I'm talking about design, processes and user experience decisions...

Fair enough.
I like Android. I liked it more before 4.4. but what I still like is that you can change what you don't like if you bother to do it, of course. Something I would appreciate on WP. I'm not too keep on some of Microsoft's aesthetic decisions. I'm also not mad about Google's but there I can actually change them. On WP is a heck more difficult. I would like if WINDOWS Phone was a bit more Windows-like actually.

(post scriptum - I'm with you on Samsung.)

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough.
I like Android. I liked it more before 4.4. but what I still like is that you can change what you don't like if you bother to do it, of course. Something I would appreciate on WP. I'm not too keep on some of Microsoft's aesthetic decisions. I'm also not mad about Google's but there I can actually change them. On WP is a heck more difficult. I would like if WINDOWS Phone was a bit more Windows-like actually.

(post scriptum - I'm with you on Samsung.)

Some people like Android because it's open, others hate it because of it. In my opinion, freedom would be good if it didn't mean that you lose control over what the apps are doing. Actually, I know you can control and manage them, but it takes a lot of dedication and specially time. I like it more when the OS serves me than otherwise.

maddogmoffit

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Decision done, there will be no Lumia 930 for me. I just ordered an Lumia 520 for 790 kr (119 dollars). It is still an upgrade in almost every aspect to my old Lumia 800 and it will keep me to they release the next proper WP flagship and that at a more or less unbeatable price (including tax, shipment and so on).

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Decision done, there will be no Lumia 930 for me. I just ordered an Lumia 520 for 790 kr (119 dollars). It is still an upgrade in almost every aspect to my old Lumia 800 and it will keep me to they release the next proper WP flagship and that at a more or less unbeatable price (including tax, shipment and so on).

"Every aspect"...except the camera. And the flash. And the build quality. ;)

I don't think the 520 is any worth upgrade from the L800. The L820 was. But if you just want a WP8.1 device, then sure, the 520 will fit the bill more than nicely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077