Lumia 930 in Canada??

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
is it possible to get this phone from where ever right now? and unlock it to work on one of the big 3 in canada? thanks

Right now? No, because the phone is not officially released anywhere yet (there's actually a whole thread where people in Europe are up in arms over how the release is getting delayed to July). When this phone does finally get released, then I think it's possible to get an unlocked int'l version and get LTE (on Rogers at least, as there's a common LTE band, or so I've read). That's the route I'm planning to take, since you can't count on the big 3 getting this phone sadly.

stevechanyi

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Forget about Canadian carriers; they're all crap! If you want decent phones, go SIM Free and buy from Expansys.ca - the latest phones, first. I've bought all of my phones for nearly 10 years from them (initially via the UK site).

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Forget about Canadian carriers; they're all crap! If you want decent phones, go SIM Free and buy from Expansys.ca - the latest phones, first. I've bought all of my phones for nearly 10 years from them (initially via the UK site).

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Expansys UK ships to Canada? They told me that they didn't.

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Tapatalk

bayotte

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I must admit that I feel somewhat disappointed and discouraged when it comes to Windows Phone and Canadian carriers. Not very promising for Windows Phone and its future north of the U.S. border. Because I will never fork up 500$-800$ for an off contract phone. So I guess carriers are telling us to go with the top dog duo, Apple or Android? Its too bad, I was a huge WP ambassador...

DanTechs

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Lumia 930 from Omegacell (Edmonton, Canada) and this phone is just awesome! The Camera has 20MP whereas the iPhone 6 only has 8mp. It takes incredible pictures! It does not have a microSD but I use OneDrive for storage (photos etc.) It is an unlocked phone - I have it on a month to month plan with Rogers. The phone works everywhere - I get 3G in rural areas, sometimes 4G, and if near a 2600Mhz Rogers Tower I get LTE speed.

My phone was a Country Variant (CV) from Thailand (code 000-TH) so I went ahead and flashed the ROM to the UK version (000-GB) as the United Kingdom already has "Hey Cortana!" that came with the latest Denim and Firmware update. I now have Denim and "Hey Cortana" works really well. I can call my phone even when it is locked and it wakes up and listens to me! Absolutely the best phone I have ever owned...

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine from Expansys.ca in Novemeber of 2014!

Love the phone. Got the HK variant (not that I know any better) got denim installed. I get LTE speeds even though it is rare. Only on one band ...

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered a Black 930 through Opencell (located in Edmonton) today for $504. Use this voucher code for a discount 930EXP. Should get it tomorrow. I'm on Bell but changing my company to Rogers next week. Hopefully I'll have no issues bringing this phone onto either network. Looking for an Orange Battery Cover with all the bits on it. Let me know where I can get that cover. Saw pics with the black bezel and orange back...looks great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes