Lumia 930 in Canada??

rgrdovic

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Already on the Nokia Canada Facebook page, they have confirmed the 600 series, made an allusion to the 1520 but wouldn't say a peep about the 930.
As per usual, I wouldn't hold your breath for Canadian support. I had to import my 1520 from Singapore. Probably going to have to import the 930 all the same.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Telus in here...I hope for the 930 to come in............

no SD card though..........bummer.....got to have a SD card

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My hope is that the reason that there's so little information regarding Canadian availability is due to ongoing negotiations between Nokia/MS and the carriers. I mean, it seems a little odd that Nokia would announce the rollout of the 630 and fail to mention Canada when clearly it is coming to Canada (as per the Nokia Canada Facebook page). If I were MS, I'd be pissed at Rogers's performance as what they called their "Premium Partner". I...I just want to hold out some hope that the 930 is coming to Canada eventually, as I am not willing to import a phone.

purefire

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
i wouls assume 930 will rogers first? as like always.. i just want it now so i can't buy it out right and use on fido :)

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well Telus had the 800 and 610, Rogers had the 900 and 710 when they were out?
Then Telus had nothing until the 620, Rogers had the 920 and the 520?
Then both got the 1020.
I hope the 930 comes to Telus (im on Telus) but I may just splurge for the international one if theres no signs of it coming anytime soon (like the 1520....nowhere to be found in Canada)

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty certain Rogers will carry the 930. They skipped on the 1520 due to it's size. For some dumb reason they felt it was too big for the average hands and therefore wouldn't sell I suppose.

However, the 930 is the next best thing. And it's right around their comfort size. So I'd say it's pretty likely that Rogers and possibly another carrier or 2 will carry it.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Know a ton of people like myself would drop our iphones for the 930...hope Rogers and other carriers make sure it comes here. We should definitely also get the 1520, not sure why we didnt...much like the 928/925.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Product management at Rogers head office looked at the 1520, but like I mentioned weren't a fan of the size.

you have the inside scoop? I really hope you are right about the 930 coming to Canada esp to Rogers. I would think that since they had enough success with the 920 to justify following it up with the 1020, that bringing over the true 920 successor would be a no-brainer. Hopefully they don't sit on this too long, as the Android competition already had a head start (GS5, M8) and the next iPhone is just on the horizon.

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Love my L920 on Rogers, but here are the problems I will be considering before I upgrade: 1) Rogers (and/or other carriers) will not launch this until six months after it is available worldwide 2) this first WP quad core /1080p (in Canada) is already >18 months behind other similar spec phones in Canada 3) any future Nokia / WP firmware updates will be available months later than other markets 4) my biggest complaint with my L920 is battery, and I am not sure this will be solved (bigger battery, but screen and chip could negate that). Ultimately, I am leaning toward unlocked international editions from now on as I am sick of the late arrivals in Canada and the late firmware updates. What I really want is a 5" L1520 ....

ranwel

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Next time you go to US, go to AT&T buy the phone out right, subscribe to a GoPhone plan, use it for a month or two, call AT&T support tell them you are in Canada and ask them to kindly unlock the phone so you can use on Rogers or Bell while in Canada, they will almost certainly unlock the device (for no fee), then you can put on a Bell or Rogers account. I've done this before without any problems. That was back when AT&T weren't so quick to unlock until after 6 months, which they've relaxed. Back then I used in on WiFi only, until 6 months were, up then would get them to unlock. Use at you one risk.