Very nice, but too big!

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Seriously.. What the hell is wrong with you?! Arent you reading my posts? I know how big the phone is, I have printed the size-specs a few posts up.
IF I WANT A SMALLER PHONE THAN 920 IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU SHOW ME A PHONE THE SAME SIZE EVEN IF IT CAN CURE CANCER, ITS STILL NOT SMALLER.

Then why are you on this part of the forum if it's to big for you???? It's perfect for me, sorry it's not for you but it doesn't get any smaller by complaining about it here. Contact Nokia!!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Seriously.. What the hell is wrong with you?! Arent you reading my posts? I know how big the phone is, I have printed the size-specs a few posts up.
IF I WANT A SMALLER PHONE THAN 920 IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU SHOW ME A PHONE THE SAME SIZE EVEN IF IT CAN CURE CANCER, ITS STILL NOT SMALLER.

Nothing is wrong with me. My verbiage is clear and concise. Writing in all caps will not help your apparent failure to comprehend. I'm not here to convince you of jack ish. For the third time, I wasn't even responding to you. A member compared the display sizes of the 920 and 930 and alluded to the phone subsequently being detrimentally larger. I told them that a .5" increase in display does not necessarily translate to an increase in all of the phone's dimensions, as evidenced by my in-person comparison of the 920 and Icon. How narcissistic does one have to be to assume a post was meant for them even after being told it wasn't? You're the one that replied to me with pictures of a 925 and an Icon trying to prove a point that had absolutely nothing to do with mine. I'm not going to rehash the whole thing, as it's clear to anyone that reads it but you apparently.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Then why are you on this part of the forum if it's to big for you???? It's perfect for me, sorry it's not for you but it doesn't get any smaller by complaining about it here. Contact Nokia!!

LOL. Yeah, probably should have posted this in a more generic section to complain about no new 4.5" devices rather than stepping into a device specific forum just to complain they didn't make it small enough for you. Seems a bit silly when you look at it like that.

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Well this got out of hand... :)

Nothing is wrong with me. My verbiage is clear and concise. Writing in all caps will not help your apparent failure to comprehend. I'm not here to convince you of jack ish. For the third time, I wasn't even responding to you. A member compared the display sizes of the 920 and 930 and alluded to the phone subsequently being detrimentally larger. I told them that a .5" increase in display does not necessarily translate to an increase in all of the phone's dimensions, as evidenced by my in-person comparison of the 920 and Icon. How narcissistic does one have to be to assume a post was meant for them even after being told it wasn't? You're the one that replied to me with pictures of a 925 and an Icon trying to prove a point that had absolutely nothing to do with mine. I'm not going to rehash the whole thing, as it's clear to anyone that reads it but you apparently.

It doesnt matter who you wrote to, you clearly say they are identical and they are not. And I got worked up because I dont see why you are trying to point out that they are almost the same size (we can see that) when the topic was about a smaller phone, to make it a bit more clear... something like the HTC One Mini etc.

Definitely on the thicker side, though the ugly, blocky design makes it appear thicker than it is. And no, it's not any bigger than the 920 as some think. It's just the display size that's a bit bigger. But the size of the two phones? Identical. Just go to any Verizon store like I did, and bust out your 920 and compare with the Icon. Exact same size.

psychotron: Yeah I definitely chose the wrong forum for this. :)
Thats how it goes when new phones arrive.

Last edited:

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I got lost in the news hype I guess. :)
And I know, its perfect for many and Im not saying Nokia should kill it with fire and erase it from history.
Its the lack of a small quality alternative (for years now) that is the problem and its interesting to see if people are interested in something like that.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It is possible to make smaller phones. If this continues I have to go for an Iphone.

Better do it fast then, because the iPhone is also getting bigger this year! Look, the trend is to have better and better games, photos, videos, etc. Multimedia stuff. Either you like it or not, media content looks better on screens with higher resolution, and high resolution is enemy of small screens.

So get used to it, flagships WILL have bigger screens (even the iPhone) because there is no point on having great cameras, games with great graphics, etc, if you screen is going to be so small that you can't even take advantage of them.

Smaller screens make sense on devices with less specs, as they can't compute content that would only be useful on a big screen.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Someone in this community posted the opinion that if you want a phone under 5" you probably don't really need a smart phone. I think there's some truth to that, even though it comes down to personal preference. However, I am not surprised that manufacturers are now targeting the 5-6" range because it just makes a lot more sense for smart phones. I was looking at my brother's early edition iPhone this morning and it just looks hopelessly useless compared to contemporary phones.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Someone in this community posted the opinion that if you want a phone under 5" you probably don't really need a smart phone. I think there's some truth to that, even though it comes down to personal preference. However, I am not surprised that manufacturers are now targeting the 5-6" range because it just makes a lot more sense for smart phones. I was looking at my brother's early edition iPhone this morning and it just looks hopelessly useless compared to contemporary phones.

For my, 930 is a beautiful device, but bit small. 6 inch might be too big. But 5.2 - 5.3 inch is a sweet spot. Someone who move from 4.5 inch will hardly feel any difference at 5 inch display.

thequackin

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 and I made the jump from a 4" screen to 6" L1320 and I love every bit of it. Although sometime it can be annoying with a large phone but sacrifice must be made!
It all still goes down to personal preference.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I admit I'm also clamoring for a smaller flagship level device. Sony seems to be the only OEM to address this matter, with the Xperia Z1 Compact.

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z1_compact-review-1037.php

Granted that's a 4.3" 720p screen, but at that screen size I would argue that you're not seeing enough of an increase in perceivable sharpness to justify the increased drain on system resources and battery life. And reviewers are spouting the same opinion.

But fear not: between Microsoft's loosening of hardware requirements and dropping of the Windows licensing fee for devices with a sub 9" screen, there is literally nothing stopping Sony from dropping WP8.1 into the Compact and making it my [and your] next phone! AND IT'S EVEN GOT A DEDICATED CAMERA BUTTON!!!

GeoffH20

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I would like to know how to reduce the size of photos taken in my Nokia 830 so that I can send them in an email.
They end up as 2mb and 4mb and cannot be sent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium