Lumia 930 is 6 months behind the times

Doctor Pork

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Revolution is over, now it's time for evolution...so it will take a lot of time for another revolution. What I'm trying to say is that the performances between the high end phones are so small at this moment that we can not speak about 6 months behind.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
Bingo. The phone and tablet markets are approaching the maturity of the computer market where it is mostly insignificant what processor you got in your laptop for most use cases. If the Snapdragon 800 is powerful enough to run Windows RT fluidly, obviously further increases in power will be quite insignificant for a lighter phone OS.

Sure, there are differences in the power of computer hardware, but in the cases you actually want to pay the price, both money and increased bulk, for getting systems with the highest performances, there are clear reasons for these niche applications. For most people, any low voltage Haskell i5 is plenty for everything but heavier gaming. It is not like people obsess over a slightly faster processor in one laptop compared to another, as that is clearly not the most important factor anymore. What is important is design, the keyboard, the screen etc. Clearly the phone market is almost there today.

Besides, if minor differences in high end SoCs are so important, how come that Apple can still sell plenty of the iPhone 4S and IPhone 5C which clearly are slower, and still charge flagship money for it?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I love the armchair punditry. Guys, think very carefully about the engineering resources, supply chain and manufacturing footprint of Nokia vs. Apple and Samsung. Think about the markets where Nokia is finally growing sales, and the devices that are selling well. Think about the timeline for WP8.1, and again who Nokia is competing against how they need to approach each battle. Seriously, you think it's all about the "cutting edge flagship". That is only one small piece of the puzzle. If you want to say you're disappointed because they haven't made the device YOU want, that's fine. But don't pass try to pass that off "what Nokia should do".

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you know the exclusivity deal with Verizon? Even though the 930 will not be released to the US is there something in that deal that prevents the 930 from being released to the rest of the world?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
agreed! nokia's engineers need to figure out a way to make thin and light phones. the 920 is def way too heavy. betcha the grand majority of 920 owners agree with u. nokia might b using design and bright colors to compensate for its inability to produce thin and light phones. hopefully nokia proves me wrong one day.

with all due respect you and camstreet1 are entitled to your opinions. You should not presume to speak for anyone nut yourself. I have had a 920 for quite some time and I do not find it to be even too heavy much less way too heavy. I don't see that many people here in these forums complaining about the weight of the 920. I might add that I don't think that the 1520 is way too big either. That said I am trying to wait on the 930 if it comes to ATT if I decide to get a 1520 or any other wp with 8.1..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro