Tempted to trade my 920 for the 930.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Went into EE today. Not due for an upgrade until November this year. So my choices are ?200 to buy out the rest of my contract, buy the 930 outright (how much will that be?) or take out another contract.....or of course wait until November (I am not good at waiting! lol).
I'm in the same boat, contract up in Nov, but I got a call from Vodafone, who said they'd be stocking the 930 at launch, they said they would give me 4months free line rental and 2 months half price to see me to the end of my EE contract.
I said I would go for that, so they're going to phone me back when the pre-orders start, she said probably mid-may :)

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I allready had contact with them via Twitter and postet my conversation in another 930 thread. They confirmed both price and date as given from their supplier

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Is that shop ? online shop ? And if not where is there shop in Germany ? I live in the Netherlands so it's not that far ( depends on where the store is lol )

** NEVER MIND FOUND IT MYSELF** thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

rculver9056

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same as the op (Surface 2, 920 and Windows 8 PC), and also the dilemma about whether or not to upgrade from the 920 to the 930. I don't think I'll miss Glance though...I turned it off the other day and don't really miss it that much.
Oh, I'm on ee as well.

One last thing - using this new keyboard thing in 8.1, and I love it! You don't even need to stop to put hyphens in, for example in 'don't', ' can't' etc. So cool lol 😁

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The only way I can get a lumia 930 is if I switch to verizon. I don't know if AT&T will release this phone. I'm on my 3rd windows phone, since 2011. This would be a nice upgrade. BTW I had the same issue with my 920, people wouldn't hear me. I used a air duster and blew the crap out of my phone, cleaned all the ports and mics and it started working again. You can use speaker phone or a bluetooth as a alternative...

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you wait until they release a proper 920 replacement with all features including Glance.
The 920 didn't have glance when it was released, so I'm sure that in a future update they'll be able to develop a software update that makes glance available with the new graphics chip.

Vlastimil Cerny

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Julie :) I guess, I can fix the problem with your L920 microphone for free in just few minutes...
Take a very small needle and patiently clear every single hole on bottom of your phone. You would be surprised what you will discover. :) There are two sets of them on each side of the USB connector. That will do the trick... ;)
It is a known problem of the L920.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The only way I can get a lumia 930 is if I switch to verizon.

You could import it from the UK or europe, but the icon (verizons 930 derivate) is a "world phone" already and should work find with 3G networks by t-mobile and AT&T. At least that is what I was told when asking if the icon would work in europe

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The 920 didn't have glance when it was released, so I'm sure that in a future update they'll be able to develop a software update that makes glance available with the new graphics chip.

Glance is a function of the screen used not the graphics chip. Apparently the Icon (and thus the 930) doesn't have Glance because it lacks the 'display memory' or whatever the **** that means on its touchscreen.

Brian8200

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
the mice problem is most likely do to dirt and dust comming into the mike grill in the main mike.
I simply opened it, removed the dust filter, cleaned the grill, and dust filter, and put it all together again. problem fixed. (my warrenty was broken so keep in mind that you will loose it by doing this)

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Glance is a function of the screen used not the graphics chip. Apparently the Icon (and thus the 930) doesn't have Glance because it lacks the 'display memory' or whatever the **** that means on its touchscreen.
Fair do's, I'm sure they'll come up with something, but as I say, the 920 didn't launch with it, and whilst it's been nice to have, it won't stop me upgrading to the 930 :D

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Played with an Icon today in a Verizon store for what it's worth and the screen, camera were top notch. I think either (1) it's much lighter than the 920 or (2) I'm used to Nokia weight.
Worth an upgrade if you can do without Glance.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think it all depends on your priorities using a smartphone.

My top priority in a smartphone is an amazing camera. Had I known Nokia would pull out out the 1020 I would never have bought the 920. Thus I will wait for the release of the 1030 which should be amazing camera wise.

If the OP doesn't need the greatest camera and can settle for the very good camera in the 920 I would say go for it and get the 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05