No one has posted a thread about this-anticipated battery performance

BlackZeppelin

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
As the title says, no one has really given much thought about the anticipated battery performance of the upcoming L930. I am a little cautious as all the rival brands with their newly released top end phones and soon to be released phones, (perhaps except Apple), are sporting batteries 2800mAh and upwards. And that is with chips still more efficient than the Snapdragon 800 in the 930. Heck, the coming LG G3 apparently will have a 3000mAh battery and LG's own octacore chip. 2 sets of quad core chips, running a big/little program so lesser tasks are handled by the lower power chips and bigger tasks by higher power chips. All to conserve battery.

Unfortunately, the 930 has one of the smallest battery capacities considering the size and class of phone, (sadly reminding me of the woefully inadequate capacity of the 1020). But of course the 930 has 20% more capacity than the 1020 with a much better chip and less processing of oversampled images, scaled down from 41 to 20mp.

What do you anticipate the battery life of the L930 to be considering the specifications?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am sure Lumia 930 will give ample battery life one need. with new sd 800 , it's obvious it has great standby , no glance and double tap to unlock = no more battery drain :D (yes these 2 sucks battery on my Lumia 920 ). also windows phone 8.1 is somewhat more battery optimized for instance we have new battery sense app which monitor which apps are using more battery. Lumia 930 will give the same battery life that Lumia 1520 delivers.

EDIT :- YES IT SUPPORTS DTW

Last edited:

BlackZeppelin

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I am sure Lumia 930 will give ample battery life one need. with new sd 800 , it's obvious it has great standby , no glance and double tap to unlock = no more battery drain :D (yes these 2 sucks battery on my Lumia 920 ). also windows phone 8.1 is somewhat more battery optimized for instance we have new battery sense app which monitor which apps are using more battery. Lumia 930 will give the same battery life that Lumia 1520 delivers.

The double tap is on the L930 and it uses power. In fact, the brief time I had with the 1020 even warned me on screen that double tap uses more battery.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The double tap is on the L930 and it uses power. In fact, the brief time I had with the 1020 even warned me on screen that double tap uses more battery.

i dont think it has double tap to unlock since lumia icon and lumia 930 shares the same hardware and screen technology , they both lack glance and dtw.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
So, battery life on icon is not the best. But they say it must be some software issue, so hoping firmware update can fix it.

- Tapatalk -

camstreet1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Given we know what the Icon's battery life is like, the question really ought to be what effect does WP8.1 have on battery life? Will the snazzy extra features decrease battery life for this (and older) devices, or is the OS code leaner than ever?

BlackZeppelin

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Given we know what the Icon's battery life is like, the question really ought to be what effect does WP8.1 have on battery life? Will the snazzy extra features decrease battery life for this (and older) devices, or is the OS code leaner than ever?

Oh for goodness sakes, I didn't even think of that. Just look up what the battery life on the Icon is like. As Homer Simpson says, "D'oh!"

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh for goodness sakes, I didn't even think of that. Just look up what the battery life on the Icon is like. As Homer Simpson says, "D'oh!"

if you read the post in my link, they say it must be the firmware. So battery in icon could and should be better with an future update.

- Tapatalk -

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
if you read the post in my link, they say it must be the firmware. So battery in icon could and should be better with an future update.

- Tapatalk -

Can you tell us exactly where it says that? I looked at the gsmarena page, I don't feel like flipping through their 12 page "review" (ad clickbait).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb