Should I get a Lumia 930?

therr2

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a 520 currently. I bought it to familiarize myself with the Windows OS and it is by far the best OS out there as far as I am concerned. So now I wish to upgrade to a high end windows phone and am incredibly confused as to which one I should buy. I like the 1520 but its just way too big. Hence I zeroed in on the 930. I am not bothered by the lack of SD support or glance screen (never had it so not bothered if its not there). So what say? Is it worth it?
I just have a little nag that I'll be having this phone for at least the next two years, I hope the "old" S800 processor won't be an issue. I am just nervous that I'd buy it and suddenly a new wave of phones might be launched with 805s and stuff like that. Should I wait another six months? Or should I just invest in the 930?

Thanks in advance. Really need the help.

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I say since 520 will be getting the update hold on till Microsoft releases the first round of ...microsoft branded phones as no more Nokia phones will be released because ...as of 25th April Nokia as a phone manufacture will cease to exist .....

therr2

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I just want to upgrade my phone real bad. Waiting is kind off hard, but well, since I have to invest a hell lot of money in it...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the 930 is essentially the 1520 crammed into the smaller chassis and as wpgeek put it, is one of the best money can buy.
Personally it should be a nice jump for you, but since now that I picked up glance with my 920 I'm hooked on such a tiny feature.

The 1520/930 have top-of-the-line specs, up there with the upper echelon of mobiles. So its about as future-proof you can get in WP land.
There will always be something new over the horizon, I just picked up a 920 last september and am happy with it despite the newer models.

MS buying Nokia shouldn't make too much of a difference since I believe it will still be the same people for the most part, just under a different name.
If you want the Nokia brand, pull the trigger now.
But even then, it shouldn't make a difference for current devices.

If you're happy with the 520, you can run that into the ground, my sister is perfectly happy with the 521 and has no intention of upgrading anytime soon even as I show her the 925 deals.

I would expect updated x30 versions of the lower end models, but nothing as high end as the 930 for a bit now. IMO.

Ichigo

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a 520 currently. I bought it to familiarize myself with the Windows OS and it is by far the best OS out there as far as I am concerned. So now I wish to upgrade to a high end windows phone and am incredibly confused as to which one I should buy. I like the 1520 but its just way too big. Hence I zeroed in on the 930. I am not bothered by the lack of SD support or glance screen (never had it so not bothered if its not there). So what say? Is it worth it?
I just have a little nag that I'll be having this phone for at least the next two years, I hope the "old" S800 processor won't be an issue. I am just nervous that I'd buy it and suddenly a new wave of phones might be launched with 805s and stuff like that. Should I wait another six months? Or should I just invest in the 930?

Thanks in advance. Really need the help.

The no SD Card thingy you mentioned would kick your **** the same way as I told myself "nah, I dont need bigger storage than 16GB". I had to delete a lot of stuff to cram all my apps + video/pics. I do not even have music or movies on my 1520. I ran out of space really quick. Just a friendly warning, I never feel the need of extra storage until now..

therr2

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
God, I am actually considering the 1520 now. Maybe I will be just keep the 520 for rough use and the 1520 for everything else.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn as well, in the UK apparently they're doing to include the wireless speaker, wireless charging pad and a ?20 windows store voucher.... the things that turn me off though are no glance or SD card support. I'm also interested to see what exactly they will be releasing in the next few months as quite a few codename devices have been 'leaked'. So confused :( why they didn't just introduce those 2 features that people love is beyond me (I know the screen doesn't support it but... why pick that screen!?)

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
And what could be different with the next models ? A newer chip ?........wow.... That is awesome 😉.... Me personally I don't care about glance and a sd card ...32 gig is enough for me 🙈

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, double tap its there:

"Display features: Brightness control, Orientation sensor, Screen double tap, Refresh rate 60 Hz, Sunlight readability enhancements, Corning? Gorilla? Glass 3, Easy to clean, High brightness mode, Lumia Color profile, Sculpted glass, Wide viewing angle"

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
And what could be different with the next models ? A newer chip ?........wow.... That is awesome ��.... Me personally I don't care about glance and a sd card ...32 gig is enough for me ��

It's human nature to always think 'if I buy this now... will something better come out shortly' even if the something that comes out isn't actually much different! I really like the orange 930 though, will be moving back from Android and will be bringing my folks with me (Even if they come kicking and screaming which I don't think they will haha).

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Lol yup but I don't mind the 800 processor, and I am going to sell my iPhone 5S to get the 930....I only hope that it won't take long for release, rumors are that it will be available in May in Germany, so when it does then I will jump in my car and buy that orange or green sucker 😄

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
SAME HERE !! no I don't have 520 but I'm really worried about newer chips , since s800 is getting old !! But I think wp doesn't even need more power than that , look at the dual-core L920 it is still smooth even with very old hardware and the newest update , that's the thing that is telling me : u can't wait , this is the best device , GO GET IT !! And that's what I'm doing . Love the green one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss