930 Possibly Coming to Canada

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well now the 635 is confirmed coming to Rogers and Telus, yet still not a peep about the 930. At this rate I guess the import route is looking more like the way to go, *sigh*.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Well now the 635 is confirmed coming to Rogers and Telus, yet still not a peep about the 930. At this rate I guess the import route is looking more like the way to go, *sigh*.

The sad part is i bet the 630 will probably be the only locked carrier phone in Canada, considering the 520 sells so well here (and recently stated the 625). Premium users here want Apple and Samsung products only, it really sucks to have such a strong presence of only a few phone models when there are TONS available (even WP aside).

f88

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm really praying for something high-end coming to Canada, too. I'm with Telus and I usually buy my phones internationally, but a lot of my friends are with Wind, and with their special AWS frequencies, finding them an international phone that will work on their bands is a complete pain. We need some kind of broad support of better Windows Phones up here so that even people who enter the eco-system with a 520 will want to move up to a fancier version down the road. It just makes me sad.

wizuriel

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wind, and with their special AWS frequencies, finding them an international phone that will work on their bands is a complete pain.

QFT. I like my winds phone (though wish it had a few more apps), but seriously thinking of changing over to Android just because it is getting to be too much of a pain finding a windows phone in Canada that works on wind :S. So wish we had another carrier that didn't charge an arm and a leg for data

beatbox101

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone confirm to be using an Icon or 930 unlocked on Bell? With working LTE and everything?
I have then Nokia Lumia 929 from Verizon working on the TELUS network. The phone came unlocked and the 3G & 4G work perfectly fine. Telus and Bell are working on the 700MHz witch will be ready at the end of the year. For some reason I am able to connect to the 700MHz network and use the LTE speeds even though it says I'm not connected.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I was in the Microsoft store today in Yorkdale mall and noticed they reduced the bring of the Lumia 1020 from $600 to $500 off contract. Also, Telus removed the 1020 from their website. Possibly clearing inventory for the 930? Fingers crossed.

OmegaCell seem to think a north American variant will be arriving in around 2 weeks on their site.

f88

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have then Nokia Lumia 929 from Verizon working on the TELUS network. The phone came unlocked and the 3G & 4G work perfectly fine. Telus and Bell are working on the 700MHz witch will be ready at the end of the year. For some reason I am able to connect to the 700MHz network and use the LTE speeds even though it says I'm not connected.

Hi, when you say the phone came unlocked, did you buy it from a Verizon retailer and it was already GSM unlocked, or you bought it from another retailer that sold unlocked phones? I know some Verizon phones come GSM unlocked out of the box, but I'm not sure about the 929.

beatbox101

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, when you say the phone came unlocked, did you buy it from a Verizon retailer and it was already GSM unlocked, or you bought it from another retailer that sold unlocked phones? I know some Verizon phones come GSM unlocked out of the box, but I'm not sure about the 929.
I bought it from Verizon store when I was on vacation. The phone came unlocked. I had to download access point to get my MMS and internet working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb