Lumia 930 availability

Djf2884

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
No way man :x i will not wait for september...

I m very very happy with my actual Lumia 820 and i love WP but if it's true... I will move to iOS or Android... Begining of July is the last chance i'll give to Nokia on my side.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It's incredible how the phone was announced to hit the stores starting in June and we are already talking mid July for so many countries... Disgusting.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Spoken to Expansys UK, who advise they are looking at a July 3rd release. Just awaiting confirmation (if any) who their source is.

Their pre-orders also come with a "Free Pack of Nokia accessories" but no details on this.

If its not released 1st week of July, and still no release date I'm gonna start looking at the 1520 more, or hang on for the iPhone 6.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Spoken to Expansys UK, who advise they are looking at a July 3rd release. Just awaiting confirmation (if any) who their source is.

Apparently the customer service person was quoting something they say on the office Three site... 3g.co.uk, which was taken from Nokia Ireland. mmmm well 3G.co.uk is not the official Three site. My trust with Expansys has now taken quite a knock.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
MediaMarkt.de now says 7/11, and one of the big electronics retailers in Hungary just listed white and black preorder for with a delivery date of 7/09. The price is EUR 580, but we are blessed with a 27% VAT.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Looking into the 930's delay and I have seen this... it looks like this delay was already known about by MS and Nokia.

"The 930 will come with the Windows Phone 8.1 update out of the box, though — so it’s not launching til late June or early July in the U.K.

The launch delay for the Lumia 930 — which is still another three to four months out — is down to waiting for that Windows 8.1 update, Nokia said today (although the more mid-range Lumia 630 and 635, also announced yesterday, will be out a bit sooner, towards the end of May).

It is also, it conceded, down to its “launch campaign plan” — ergo, the pair want to make sure all those joint Nokia-Microsoft marketing pounds do they job they’re intended to. The joint marketing campaign for the 930 will be “one of the biggest ever”, they said today."

Source: techcrunch.com - Apr 3, 2014

Also @joebelfiore Tweeted.... "WP8.1 sw is finished for the Lumia phones that started shipping a couple weeks ago.. and we're testing the update code now. Fixes ongoing." on June 11th.

At the conference they did say the Lumia 930 is built for WP8.1, and that it would be out "in the month June". So maybe the delay is down to WP8.1? Or maybe there is not really a delay and we have assumed too much :eek:

That said where's the Lumia 1520 Green version for example ;) it's not out as WP8.1 has not released ;)

Pistooli

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
MediaMarkt.de now says 7/11, and one of the big electronics retailers in Hungary just listed white and black preorder for with a delivery date of 7/09. The price is EUR 580, but we are blessed with a 27% VAT.

Could you kindly share which retailer is it in Hungary? Thanks.

grumtrias

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
In NL and BE bol.com decreased the price to eur 515 for an orange unit (from 529) ...my delivery date shows June 25th.. I'm not holding my breath though.....

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I think its now fair to say that we can expect to see the Lumia 930 start shipping from about the 9th July, or 2nd week (Week 28) in July might be more realistic.

I suppose its now a choice of so you wait for the device, or do you look at one of the others you have considered if you cant be bothered to wait another 3 weeks (approx). And then that's only if there are no further delays with the device or issues with Windows Phone 8.1.

Nokia Lumia 1020 w/free grip... or Lumia 1520* same spec as the 930, but with larger screen and SD slot.

*But not in green as 8.1 has not yet been released!

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I think its now fair to say that we can expect to see the Lumia 930 start shipping from about the 9th July, or 2nd week (Week 28) in July might be more realistic.

I suppose its now a choice of so you wait for the device, or do you look at one of the others you have considered if you cant be bothered to wait another 3 weeks (approx). And then that's only if there are no further delays with the device or issues with Windows Phone 8.1.

Nokia Lumia 1020 w/free grip... or Lumia 1520* same spec as the 930, but with larger screen and SD slot.

*But not in green as 8.1 has not yet been released!

I would personally just. I wouldn't want to buy a 1520 and then the 930 comes out the next week and I'll be stuck.

Dragonic87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would personally just. I wouldn't want to buy a 1520 and then the 930 comes out the next week and I'll be stuck.

This is what I fear :(
Also i just fear the 1520 in general... I don't want to go back on the fact that I said I would never get a phablet, then end up taking one anyways.
but damn, the 1520 is the next best thing since I most likely won't be getting a 930.
Else settle with a 1020, atleast I'll have a epic camera to brag about.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
This is what I fear :(
Also i just fear the 1520 in general... I don't want to go back on the fact that I said I would never get a phablet, then end up taking one anyways.
but damn, the 1520 is the next best thing since I most likely won't be getting a 930.
Else settle with a 1020, atleast I'll have a epic camera to brag about.

I agree the camera is good, but the low end device specs make me question it. I can get a 1520 for upto 200 GBP less than the 930 will be. Thus why i am tempted.

I also hear the 6" screen is pretty awesome once you get used to it.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

As Thatuxguy said, the Lumia 1520 has better specifications than the Lumia 930. Other than having the same processor, memory and RAM it has a bigger screen, SD-card slot, Glance support, better battery life and it's thinner.

The only reason I can see someone picking the 930 over the 1520 is because of the smaller height and width. Because in all other areas, the 930 is inferior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss