09-20-2014 09:54 AM
1,195 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Hopefully our voices will be heard and we get some information! This is a complete shambles or a launch so far, and its not acceptable.
    I'm on a rant there :P
    06-25-2014 07:58 AM
    we wont get no where, the monkeys dont know nothing. And the "teams concerned" don't give a crap about the consumer or the loss of customers.

They have until 3rd July to get some news out otherwise i'm not gonna bother with the 930 i will just stick to the iPhone.
    06-25-2014 08:05 AM
    we wont get no where, the monkeys dont know nothing. And the "teams concerned" don't give a crap about the consumer or the loss of customers.

They have until 3rd July to get some news out otherwise i'm not gonna bother with the 930 i will just stick to the iPhone.
    They do have info. But it must be so embarrassing to them that they are afraid to talk about it because of bad press!
    06-25-2014 08:09 AM

Me too, if I don't have the 930 in my hands in the next couple of weeks I'm going to hold out for the iPhone 6 - with a bigger screen being released it's an even bigger threat against Nokia.
    06-25-2014 08:14 AM
    My last tweet sums it up

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-25-2014 08:16 AM
    They replied to me thanking me for my "honest feedback" and will "forward it to the team"... Yeah, I know.
    This has the potential to blow up in their face like the no WP8 update for WP7. No matter they never promised anything, it was about perception.
    They had no official release date announced for the 930 for my country, but having announced it in April and ducking answers in late June is a farce.
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-25-2014 08:25 AM
    No one at nokia cares, i suppose that counts for Microsoft Mobile now too. They will keep churning out sub par devices trying to break the low end users who will always follow their buddies over to Android.

Its devices like the 930 that would gain more demand/want for the products, thus increasing the perception that the devices are on par with Apple and Android. Low end devices are fine, but most people want more from their devices these days! Instead of trying to target students and people on low incomes/benefits they should do what Apple did and spend more time targeting the techies and people who drive the industry! People like us in this thread!

In time, the premium WP devices would hold the same kind of status as the iPhone and high end Android devices.

I am fed up and bored with the whole "check the site in your region", "we have no info at this time", and constant putting back of "release dates" of retailers. I give it to the 30th June, if we have nothing i will then look at my options.

I want a decent windows phone, so maybe the 1520 same (outdated -- its a year old!!!) specs as the 930, but with SD Card and larger screen. Problem is the 930 is the only Windows Phone device that i think could pull me away from Apple's clutches! It size is perfect for me personally, and it looks nice.

Considering the 930 is meant to be the last Nokia branded phone, they haven't half made a dogs dinner of the release!

##rant over##
    FredBloggs007 likes this.
    06-25-2014 10:20 AM
    From Nokia... "@thatwebuxguy @NokiaHelps hey there, we appreciate you reaching out. Trust us when we say that your concerns are very important to us :)"
    FredBloggs007 likes this.
    06-25-2014 10:39 AM
    Danish site meremobil.dk say they have confirmation from Microsoft Devices that the 930 will arrive on the 10th of July (at least in Denmark). link - page is in Danish.
    06-25-2014 11:12 AM
    From Nokia... "@thatwebuxguy @NokiaHelps hey there, we appreciate you reaching out. Trust us when we say that your concerns are very important to us :)"
    Just had a go at them also stating i should stay with HTC because i know they are rubbish at support but thought Nokia were better and the reply i got was "@Stickyshocker We appreciate your feedback. This gives us a gainful insight towards developing & providing greater technology, products and services to our customers" wow and everyone has told me how great Nokia was but is this a sign of what's to come if you get a Nokia/Microsoft device?
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-25-2014 11:28 AM
    Exactly it's not a good sign of the new nokia/Microsoft future
    06-25-2014 11:53 AM
    Annoys me cause the lumia 930 has now been confirmed for 1st July in Vietnam!! Takes the **** if u ask me as Europe were meant to be first to get it
    06-25-2014 11:55 AM
    Some of the biggest retailshops in Norway now haveestimated availability 1st and 3rd of July. The one who has 3rd of July were spot on with their date for Lumia 630. And the price has dropped about $100 from earlier prices.
    06-25-2014 11:57 AM
    Annoys me cause the lumia 930 has now been confirmed for 1st July in Vietnam!! Takes the **** if u ask me as Europe were meant to be first to get it
    Ohhh wait you can get all the information you need from this site, it tells you availability for every country and everything.
    http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/...oft-and-lumia/

Ohhh wait thanks Nokia it tells me nothing other than more people complaining about where all the 930's are hiding.

Give Nokia credit though best game of hide and seek ever though!!!
    Beijendorf, poiman and thatuxguy like this.
    06-25-2014 11:58 AM
    i spoke to Amazon.de today and asked about a release date.. got the standard reply

(Amazon): ich muss Sie noch um etwas Geduld bitten. Leider kann unser Grohndler den Titel "Nokia Lumia 930 Smartphone " im Moment nicht liefern. Es sollte aber nicht mehr allzu lange dauern.

Nach Rckfrage beim Hersteller gehen wir davon aus, ihn demnchst zu erhalten.
    06-25-2014 12:46 PM
    Its official. German launch is on the 11th July 2014

Nokia Lumia 930 kaufen - Microsoft Store Germany Online Store
    cwwei, Roland Stoll and Omnomnom like this.
    06-25-2014 01:29 PM

11th is a nightmare. Nokia/MS should feel embarrassed about this release
    06-25-2014 01:48 PM
    Too little too late!
    06-25-2014 01:49 PM

FINALLY :OOOO argh. of course it's really late -.- but I'm so glad I have an official date now!
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-25-2014 02:09 PM
    Maybe we are talking to the wrong people on twitter. Clearly nokia are useless.

Microsoft confirms July 3 as UK launch date for the 4G LTE Lumia 635 | Windows Phone Central
    06-25-2014 02:49 PM

Microsoft confirms July 3 as UK launch date for the 4G LTE Lumia 635 | Windows Phone Central
    Well you could always try @connects but then I got a reply "how my we be of assistance" When I asked when I'm going to be able to borrow a 930 I get to reply
    06-25-2014 03:04 PM
    Well you could always try @connects but then I got a reply "how my we be of assistance" When I asked when I'm going to be able to borrow a 930 I get to reply
    Why would they lend you a phone?
    06-25-2014 03:39 PM

Microsoft was tasked with managing both Nokia.com and all the Nokia social media accounts/sites for at least one year after the takeover in april. So it's Microsoft, not Nokia, you should aim your outrage at for being vague and unhelpful in this matter.

Nokia says its sale to Microsoft will close on April 25th | The Verge
    06-25-2014 03:40 PM
    I just can't see how it's good business to have such limited presence at the top end of the market. I know the volume comes from the low end, I just think the high end builds the whole halo effect that enriches the whole platform.

I have the 920 and whilst I still like it I'm itching to get some far more potent hardware.

What have Nokia's high end releases been since the 920.
    The 925: Same SOC, less storage, arguably worse 4.5 screen, minutely improved camera, no wireless charging.
    The 1020: Same SOC, same storage, arguably worse 4.5 screen, admittedly great camera, no wireless charging. Way more expensive and as such a bit niche.
    The 1520: Hugely improved SOC, same storage, great full HD 6inch screen, wireless charging, great 20mp camera. Unfortunately, just way too big and as such Niche. Also completely castrated in USA.
    The Icon: Hugely improved SOC, same storage, great full HD 5 inch screen, wireless charging, great 20mp camera.
    In all, a great device which was then limited to less than half of 1 countries market.

In effect I'd argue that Nokia has not released a flagship device since Nov 2012 that wasn't just a reworked 920 or something targeted at tiny subset of the market (1520&Icon).

I still think the 930 looks good, the problem is that I think the market has moved on and what would've looked frankly amazing in NOV 13 now looks a little more pedestrian and indeed it's still not out.

Now lets add insult to injury, it looks like the damn X2 will make it out the door within a couple of week of it's announcement.

Microsoft, I find you're lack of faith (in WP) disturbing.
    DennisvdG likes this.
    06-25-2014 03:42 PM
    Why would they lend you a phone?
    Ive borrowed a 1520 and 1020 and was promised a 930 but no answer yet
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-25-2014 03:42 PM
1,195 ... 1718192021 ...