Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

09-20-2014 10:54 AM
1,195 1234 ...
tools
    Anyone who gets the 930 on 2 years contract is not thinking. It really is an unspectacular phone.

Save your money for Goldfinger guys. Nokia is fooling you, the 930 was never supposed to be 'the new high end device'. Goldfinger was. But they can't finish it in time, so they refer to a tweaked Icon as the new high end model.

They really have nothing high end to offer right now, and that's why they will lose to all the top notch androids recently available and the LG G3 coming, and the iPhone 6.

Nokia/MS have to step up. Always behind.. Zzzz.
    maverick786us likes this.
    04-30-2014 04:09 AM
    Anyone who gets the 930 on 2 years contract is not thinking. It really is an unspectacular phone.

Save your money for Goldfinger guys. Nokia is fooling you, the 930 was never supposed to be 'the new high end device'. Goldfinger was. But they can't finish it in time, so they refer to a tweaked Icon as the new high end model.

They really have nothing high end to offer right now, and that's why they will lose to all the top notch androids recently available and the LG G3 coming, and the iPhone 6.

Agree with you here, Very sad windows phones are taking so long to hit the store's. Gave my 920 to my wife 6 months ago and picked up a LG G2 love the phone but the build quality is not as good as my 920.
    My wife has dropped it many a times and is amazed that it has taken all the punishment she dished out . I was going to get her the 930 but as usual it is not getting released till months after announcement. very poor Microsoft, Nokia. :(
    04-30-2014 05:06 AM

Exactly. Before 1520, Nokia was always behind high end Android devices in terms of hardware specs (except for cameras). This was the perfect time for Nokia to compete with Galaxy S5. They should have launched 930 on Feb and a 1020 successor by June / July. But looks like for MS / Nokia, someone created a panic situation, on why they should stay in the race of high end android devices, its better to take a break, so that they can remain behind.
    04-30-2014 05:40 AM
    Still i am going to buy the 930 :p
    04-30-2014 07:50 AM
    Me too, but am absolutly sure that we will among few. Way fewer than we would have been when the device launched at a reasonable timing.
    04-30-2014 10:05 AM
    I am in the same boat, I don't have a ******* choice. 1520 is good but, I love the design of 930, that's why I am compromising
    1) Glance Screen
    2) Extra large screen
    3) MicroSD Slot and
    4) have to wait 2-3 months
    04-30-2014 10:27 AM
    It's almost May, so I hope it will be there in the first week of June .... Still don't know what color I should take, also I would like to know if it comes with a wireless charger or not, seems that nobody knows that ...

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    04-30-2014 10:46 AM
    It's almost May, so I hope it will be there in the first week of June .... Still don't know what color I should take, also I would like to know if it comes with a wireless charger or not, seems that nobody knows that ...

All Lumia 930 will come with wireless charging. Go for white, if you purchase orange or green, make sure you color the frame using water color or something else
    04-30-2014 10:53 AM
    All Lumia 930 will come with wireless charging. Go for white, if you purchase orange or green, make sure you color the frame using water color or something else
    Are you sure about the wireless charger ? Do you have a link about that ? Yes white is pretty but I really love the orange and green also lol. I also want to buy the Nokia pure headphones 👻

04-30-2014 11:00 AM
    Are you sure about the wireless charger ? Do you have a link about that ? Yes white is pretty but I really love the orange and green also lol. I also want to buy the Nokia pure headphones ��

http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-will-...ith-lumia-930/
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia...ng-pad_id54817
    http://pocketnow.com/2014/04/04/noki...eless-charging

Orange and green are better, but you have to color the frame in order to match the complete theme
    04-30-2014 11:17 AM
    I like the aluminum color :) thank you for the links, I asked Dutch Nokia and they could not tell me if it comes with a wireless charger in the box. I will just have to wait and see :)

04-30-2014 11:24 AM
    04-30-2014 11:32 AM

Sadly i've realized this, as much as WP doesnt need as high end specs as tooted for Android devices, the fact that this is an older phone with a new name is somewhat disappointing. I've had an iPhone 5S for 6 months now and im really tired of it, thinking of giving my wife the 5S, selling her 5 for a decent WP (1020? Definitely not a lower end 520) and maybe early next year seeing whats avaliable from Nokia/MS. Im not sure if they're waiting to surprise everyone with a new AMAZING device, but as you said the longer they wait the more customer they lose to high end Android phones and iPhone 6.
    04-30-2014 11:34 AM
    Just add:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10301436_658902634157224_1395635142183355629_n.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	65092
    So we do get the fatboy ?? 👯👯 wow hope that's true and they will add it in every country 😀

04-30-2014 01:20 PM
    Sadly i've realized this, as much as WP doesnt need as high end specs as tooted for Android devices, the fact that this is an older phone with a new name is somewhat disappointing. I've had an iPhone 5S for 6 months now and im really tired of it, thinking of giving my wife the 5S, selling her 5 for a decent WP (1020? Definitely not a lower end 520) and maybe early next year seeing whats avaliable from Nokia/MS. Im not sure if they're waiting to surprise everyone with a new AMAZING device, but as you said the longer they wait the more customer they lose to high end Android phones and iPhone 6.
    But what is highend at this moment the 801 is the fastest chip and it's not noticeable faster than the 800 chip so in my eyes the 930 is still high end 👻

04-30-2014 01:22 PM
    But what is highend at this moment the 801 is the fastest chip and it's not noticeable faster than the 800 chip so in my eyes the 930 is still high end

specs wise 930 has excellent hardware specs, except for rare mounted small mono speakers. But it I late into the race. 930 an ICON owners can easily make Galaxy S4 owners jealous. similarly 1520 owners can make note 3 owners jealous. But can't compete with Galaxy S5, because of water proof nature of the device, 4K video recording and fingerprint scanner. Lumia 930 is almost 6 months behind. June / July should have been the time to launch a 1020 successor, that could easily outclass S5 and Z2
    04-30-2014 01:49 PM
    Fingerprint... That is just a gimmick I have it on my iPhone and I'm selling it so I can buy the 930 🙊

04-30-2014 01:51 PM
    I think we're just being impatient. Realistically I should've been able to pre-order it already and have a marketing email coming to my inbox every week getting me all hyped up about my purchase. That's what happened when I first preordered the iPhone 3GS :)

I'm really eager to try WP out since I've only ever used iOS + Android.
    04-30-2014 04:35 PM
    I read an article that explains why the 930 takes so long, its all because of WP 8.1, that's not finished yet and they want to ship the Nokia 930 with 8.1. They can't ship it with the dev release..so actually it's a simple answer to why it takes so long 😄

05-01-2014 02:59 AM
    MS needs a swift kick in the *** to speed up the progress of WP. Its been going at a snails pace ever since WP7. Convergence cant come soon enough. Nokia could also have used this time to throw more gimmicks into the device instead of just change the ICON's backplate color and wait for WP8.1

Im still on a Lumia 710 so I don't care about the lack of glance and the microSD slot missing. Of course I wished the 1020 came with snapdragon 800 internals but I don't see its successor coming out anytime soon so its 930 for me. (1520 is too damn big)
    05-01-2014 03:11 AM
    Your opinion of course - but most people won't get a choice... the majority of contracts are 2 years now, and "Goldfinger" is so far in the distance it's not funny.
    You could easily have said the same thing about the 920, but here we are almost 2 years down the line and the 930 DOES carry a lot of new spec with it, as well as looking nice and fresh.

The reason we're on this forum is (largely) because we like windows phones... hence windows phone central, I don't want an iphone, been there done that, and they have next to zero innovation for the past few years.
    I personally don't like the android OS, but do conceed the samsung S5 is a superb piece of hardware.

I will be getting the 930, I might buy it outright, I might take out a contract, but it really irks me when I see these 'you're stupid if you do that' (yes, I'm paraphrasing) posts. People can do whatever the f*** they want.
    [rant over]

On a similar note though, the lag between announcement and release is really pretty shoddy, should be month absolute max.
    davesannie and gooper like this.
    05-01-2014 03:44 AM
    Strange thing is, is that the new low budget phones will be available 15 may here in Europe ...

05-01-2014 05:57 AM
    so if the 630 will be available to buy in about 2 weeks what is taking the 930 so long, a phone which was being developed 6 months ago still taking so damn long?

A lot of my excitement for this phone has gone down now...
    05-01-2014 08:55 AM
    so if the 630 will be available to buy in about 2 weeks what is taking the 930 so long, a phone which was being developed 6 months ago still taking so damn long?

A lot of my excitement for this phone has gone down now...
    Looks like Nokia / MS are following some stupid trend of starting with low end device, then bring their high end. It doesn't work this way. You have to start with high end, so that it becomes a hit and then that goodwill encourage budget customers to go for low end stuff
    Last edited by maverick786us; 05-02-2014 at 06:25 AM.
    skinnypig118 likes this.
    05-01-2014 09:34 AM
    Fingerprint... That is just a gimmick I have it on my iPhone and I'm selling it so I can buy the 930

I love the Touch ID, one of the few things i LOVE about the 5S. It saves me from having to enter my PIN everytime i unlock my phone, which is very frequently.
    05-01-2014 02:50 PM
1,195 1234 ...