09-20-2014 09:54 AM
1,195 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    It's been like this for the last 2 weeks... i guess this is most realistic date so far;)
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-26-2014 01:30 PM
    Here you go guys... chat transcript from Vodafone about 5 minutes ago....

You: at 20:38:20
    I was told that you (Vodafone) would phone me back in a couple of weeks (now) with regards to getting the pre-order on the 930.

Tarjuman : at 20:38:41
    Yes, that's due to come next month

You: at 20:38:44
    is that now available?

Tarjuman : at 20:39:31
    Nokia has extended its Lunch date. It may launch on 17th July. Its pre-order was supposed to start from 19th June, but Nokia has changed the date now.

You: at 20:39:52
    :( ok so when are you taking pre-orders?

You: at 20:39:55
    do you know?

You: at 20:40:04
    (and are you doing any special offers?!!)

Tarjuman : at 20:41:09
    Now it will not be pre-orders, now direct orders will start if Nokia doesn't delays the launch date.

You: at 20:41:33
    wow, ok, so I need to be quick and early if I want one ;)

You: at 20:41:40
    ok, that's very helpful, so thank you.

Tarjuman : at 20:42:04
    We will be happy to assist you in future once the phone is launched.
    06-26-2014 02:45 PM
    Here you go guys... chat transcript from Vodafone about 5 minutes ago....

You: at 20:38:20
    I was told that you (Vodafone) would phone me back in a couple of weeks (now) with regards to getting the pre-order on the 930.

Tarjuman : at 20:38:41
    Yes, that's due to come next month

You: at 20:38:44
    is that now available?

Tarjuman : at 20:39:31
    Nokia has extended its Lunch date. It may launch on 17th July. Its pre-order was supposed to start from 19th June, but Nokia has changed the date now.

You: at 20:39:52
    :( ok so when are you taking pre-orders?

You: at 20:39:55
    do you know?

You: at 20:40:04
    (and are you doing any special offers?!!)

Tarjuman : at 20:41:09
    Now it will not be pre-orders, now direct orders will start if Nokia doesn't delays the launch date.

You: at 20:41:33
    wow, ok, so I need to be quick and early if I want one ;)

You: at 20:41:40
    ok, that's very helpful, so thank you.

Tarjuman : at 20:42:04
    We will be happy to assist you in future once the phone is launched.

Damnit!!
    06-26-2014 02:47 PM
    So much conflicting info. It's kinda frustrating!!

Is this Vidafone uk?
    06-26-2014 02:51 PM
    Hang on... I'm going to give it a go too as they do have a bad habit of sending conflicting info. Plus I'm masochistic
    06-26-2014 02:53 PM
    06-26-2014 02:53 PM
    Maybe that just them. I'm going sim free.

June 30th I'm waiting on the news from unlocked mobiles. Plus I'm putting my money on 10th July or around that date. Purely cause the other eu countries are confirming that date.

Need to remember carries may add their own bits to devices thus a slight delay maybe?
    06-26-2014 02:57 PM
    Well that was fun. Basically told to go in store and ask there.

They 'officially have no info'. So that sounds great... I might pop to store tomorrow and see what they say (and report back naturally). However, if I get directed to that useless 'Coming Soon' blog again I may end up in the news.

Okaaaaay... Now I'm getting chatted up on the chat log

So basic jist below. Plus the chatting up. Enjoy!

Niharika: at 20:52:50
    Sure
    You: at 20:54:24
    The Lumia 930, I've heard a few different things about when it is going to be released and what colour options there will be. Can you clear this up for me please? I'm at the end of a contract so I'd like to be able to pick up the 930 as soon as it's out ideally (or via pre-order if that's an option?)
    Niharika: at 20:55:28
    I am afraid we do not have information on it online
    Niharika: at 20:55:43
    You may visit a store as they are aware of it
    Niharika: at 20:55:45
    :)
    You: at 20:56:18
    Is there no info at all? I was told on chat previously the 3rd of July? But have since heard of a possible delay.
    Niharika: at 20:57:05
    I am afraid officially we do not have any info
    You: at 20:57:07
    Ok, well thanks anyway!
    Niharika: at 20:58:04
    Please visit the store as they would be able to help you with it
    You: at 20:58:11
    Ok, I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks!
    Niharika: at 20:58:41
    Your are welcome
    Niharika: at 20:58:50
    May I ask you if you belong to the UK ?
    Niharika: at 20:58:59
    You have a beautiful name !
    You: at 20:59:25
    hahaha, thanks! I was born in Holland, but I've lived in the UK most of my life
    Niharika: at 20:59:50
    Lovely !

Unfortunately, this chat log Lothario couldn't get any answers
    thatuxguy and FredBloggs007 like this.
    06-26-2014 02:58 PM
    You sly dog sebbak! Good way to get no info though lol
    Sebbak likes this.
    06-26-2014 03:23 PM
    Once I go in store I can hopefully use my hideous visage to scare a response out of them lol
    FredBloggs007 and thatuxguy like this.
    06-26-2014 03:30 PM
    This is what o2 uk just had to say

: Hello, it's Brad here. I hope you're well. What can I do for you?
    stuart: im interested in buying a lumia 930 and cant seem to find one do you have any?
    Brad: Let me check this for you
    stuart: thanks
    Brad: Thank you for your patience Stuart
    Brad: The Nokia Lumia 930 isn't available on sale yet
    stuart: ohh
    stuart: any idea on a date I can get one?
    Brad: It is more likely to be commencing on sale since the next month's 1st week
    Brad: It is more likely to be commencing on sale from the 1st week of July
    Brad: we do not have an exact date as of yet
    Brad: You can visit our coming soon page http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=PbOp5GiD where you can register your interest in your favourite manufacturers to receive texts and email updates on future launches
    stuart: ok do you know if you will be doing any deals with the phone
    Brad: Yes, we would be having the phone on Pay and Go and Pay monthly as well
    Brad: But would not be able to comment on the tariff, I'm afraid
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-26-2014 03:54 PM
    @thatuxguy you don't think they are delaying the 930 because they almost got Cortana up and running? Would make good sense to market the new flagship with your new best friend built in rather than a flagship with coming soons on it?
    06-26-2014 04:08 PM
    @thatuxguy you don't think they are delaying the 930 because they almost got Cortana up and running? Would make good sense to market the new flagship with your new best friend built in rather than a flagship with coming soons on it?
    That's a good point, but cortana is part of WP8.1 so would in theory just switch on i think, in similar way it does when you select US English in the DP.
    06-26-2014 04:22 PM
    Off topic... any of you guys on Xbox? I am assuming you are as you have WP devices lol

Feel free to add me -- thatuxguy
    06-26-2014 04:28 PM
    Well looking at the Cyan 8.1 update schedule, the 925's right on time for the according to the schedule. Only thing that isn't is the 930 - this is actually the last week before it's not meeting what was planned.

lumia-cyan.jpg
    06-26-2014 04:30 PM
    Off topic... any of you guys on Xbox? I am assuming you are as you have WP devices lol

Feel free to add me -- thatuxguy
    I am but I very rarely play... Am normally on Steam though _sebbak_ (I'm A Cosmic Bullet on Xbox)
    06-26-2014 04:30 PM
    I am but I very rarely play... Am normally on Steam though _sebbak_ (I'm A Cosmic Bullet on Xbox)
    I dont use Steam, my Laptop is mainly used for development and graphic design :( however i think it could be good gaming system (Dell XPS 15 - the new one)
    06-26-2014 04:37 PM
    I dont use Steam, my Laptop is mainly used for development and graphic design :( however i think it could be good gaming system (Dell XPS 15 - the new one)
    Yeah you'll probably do ok with that! Don't join Steam now though, there's a sale on and your wallet will hate you.

To keep on topic - I'll pop in store tomorrow and see what info I can wrangle out of them.
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-26-2014 04:46 PM
    We, consumers, have all this hard time getting any info out of Nokia... I'm now thinking about carriers. They must have the same problems working with Nokia. They have their plans and then Nokia doesn't deliver. It must be frustrating to carriers too! Not just for consumers.

So, thinking as if I were the carriers, would I like to work and support a company that doesn't keep its promises, timings and, above all, doesn't give me any information that I can give to my customers? Or do I want to work with an organised company that tells me that they will have their phone ready by day X and actually delivers? This must be a reason why carriers "protect" Apple and Samsung so much nowadays. They must be really well organised and nice to work with.
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-26-2014 05:50 PM
    This is what o2 uk just had to say

: Hello, it's Brad here. I hope you're well. What can I do for you?
    stuart: im interested in buying a lumia 930 and cant seem to find one do you have any?
    Brad: Let me check this for you
    stuart: thanks
    Brad: Thank you for your patience Stuart
    Brad: The Nokia Lumia 930 isn't available on sale yet
    stuart: ohh
    stuart: any idea on a date I can get one?
    Brad: It is more likely to be commencing on sale since the next month's 1st week
    Brad: It is more likely to be commencing on sale from the 1st week of July
    Brad: we do not have an exact date as of yet
    Brad: You can visit our coming soon page http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=npjVfXJb where you can register your interest in your favourite manufacturers to receive texts and email updates on future launches
    stuart: ok do you know if you will be doing any deals with the phone
    Brad: Yes, we would be having the phone on Pay and Go and Pay monthly as well
    Brad: But would not be able to comment on the tariff, I'm afraid
    Yep - that's pretty what they've been telling me in their forums and also via phone.
    06-26-2014 07:30 PM
    It would be great if WPCentral uses links to their sources to tell us why the phone is much delayed.
    06-26-2014 11:31 PM
    It would be great if WPCentral uses links to their sources to tell us why the phone is much delayed.
    Sure I said this previously too lol
    06-27-2014 01:19 AM
    They have already delayed beyond a month. No matter what is in their mind? Are they planning to delay it beyond august? At one stage, they are giving too much stress to low end crappy!!! stuff like 630 and X2, and their main flagship device, which the whole world is waiting after, they are continuously delaying. Is this Nokia's carelessness or some kind of internal dispute?

Every morning I open this thread, waiting for good news, and finally face frustration. WTF!!!
    Last edited by maverick786us; 06-27-2014 at 01:55 AM.
    thatuxguy and scgf like this.
    06-27-2014 01:24 AM
    They have already delayed beyond a month. No what is in their mind? Are they planning to delay it beyond august? At one stage, they are giving too much stress to low end crappy!!! stuff like 630 and X2, and their main flagship device, which the whole world is waiting after, they are continuously delaying. Is this Nokia's carelessness or some kind of internal dispute?

Every morning I open this thread, waiting for good news, and finally face frustration. WTF!!!

Just gotta hope the device live up to the hype and doesn't let us all down ;)

The only time I've been excited to get a new device, and anticipated it's release was the iPhone 5s and I got that day of release, swapped out my iPhone 5!

Then the lumia 930 was announced and I was like "I want that!!". Due to lack of info and release the anticipation has died and move to concern it won't live up to the hype! I've even gone as far as looking at alternate devices.

This is probably why windows phone has only the 4th place in the market too as a lot of people will be put off by the "delay" as we call it.
    06-27-2014 01:46 AM
    End of the day I wanted a high end windows phone, not the next iPhone. The iPhone 6 releases end of September, which will be a week after it's announced!
    Microsoft take heed!!!
    06-27-2014 01:48 AM
1,195 ... 2021222324 ...