09-20-2014 09:54 AM
1,195 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    I did see that earlier - 17th July is not too bad, but I'd still like it sooner of course, especially as it was announced and listed on Nokia's website a long time ago...and it was on O2's site as "coming soon" for over a month now.

They definitely should have announced it MUCH later. To capitalise on consumer excitement and hype, they should release the phone within a month of it being announced. Problem is that the hardware specifications are now old because of the delay - in February when it was announced they were OK, but in July? It's old.

I'll still get one despite the old specs and poor release, and I'm sure I'll love it, but I know at least 6 people (work colleagues/friends/randoms) who were tired of waiting and ended up getting an iPhone or Android device instead of the 930.
    07-04-2014 04:34 AM
    I did see that earlier - 17th July is not too bad, but I'd still like it sooner of course, especially as it was announced and listed on Nokia's website a long time ago...and it was on O2's site as "coming soon" for over a month now.

They definitely should have announced it MUCH later. To capitalise on consumer excitement and hype, they should release the phone within a month of it being announced. Problem is that the hardware specifications are now old because of the delay - in February when it was announced they were OK, but in July? It's old.

I'll still get one despite the old specs and poor release, and I'm sure I'll love it, but I know at least 6 people (work colleagues/friends/randoms) who were tired of waiting and ended up getting an iPhone or Android device instead of the 930.
    Yeah it's a shame really. However, I think the issue is a product of the technology we have at hand right now, so it's kind of a self sustaining cycle.

News about a new product can be world wide in literally minutes, and in todays modern times, everyone wants everything yesterday. A few months really isn't that long to wait in the grand scheme of things, but it's a shame WP could be losing quite a large section of their potential customer base purely because people can't be bothered to wait.

It would have been made a lot better if there had been a bit more info released regarding the dates, rather than the complete radar silence that's been experienced and then suddenly the phone popping up all over Europe at different times.

I'm still stoked for the phone and can't wait. I know some people want the latest bleeding edge tech and a bajillion megapixel camera and wot not, but I just want a fast phone that does what I need it to and the 930 looks to fulfill that comfortably.

Plus I'm looking forward to setting my HTC on fire and filming it with Carl Zeiss optics
    07-04-2014 04:41 AM
    How good are the low light images? 1520 doesn't produce good low light images, the video is crappy. 930 with Nokia Cyan and 6 lens, does it produce low light as good as 920?
    The pictures I posted have been taken in a room with very little light. See for yourself.
    07-04-2014 04:57 AM
    Got an E-Mail from the online shop I ordered my 930 (technikdirekt.de). They still don't know a date when they receive the phones… meh. Hard to see some people here already having theirs, but in the next two weeks I will hopefully get mine :)
    07-04-2014 05:37 AM
    all those who have ordered from amazon.fr or .de.
    whats it the box, are the freebies in there that everyone was going on about. extra charging plate and speaker etc.

No doubt that will come to UK albeit at a premium. Anyone ordered abroad and using in the UK yet ?
    07-04-2014 05:52 AM
    The pictures I posted have been taken in a room with very little light. See for yourself.
    Looks good. Can you take snaps under extreme dim light with your old 920 and 930 and show us a comparision here?
    07-04-2014 06:27 AM
    Nokia Germany just officially announced the 930 will be shipped starting next week: https://www.facebook.com/nokiadeutschland

So everybody who preordered in Germany or Austria should be a proud owner of a 930 in just a matter of days, including yours truly :)
    07-04-2014 06:33 AM
    all those who have ordered from amazon.fr or .de.
    whats it the box, are the freebies in there that everyone was going on about. extra charging plate and speaker etc.

No doubt that will come to UK albeit at a premium. Anyone ordered abroad and using in the UK yet ?
    nope nothing special except a free 6 month subscription to Maxdome video service..

so contents in the box are:
    Phone
    USB Cable
    Charger
    Quick Start Guide
    Maxdome Voucher
    07-04-2014 06:55 AM
    BTW cyberport.de have the phone in stock also now. you can go in store to pick it up directly in most locations
    07-04-2014 06:57 AM
    nope nothing special except a free 6 month subscription to Maxdome video service..

so contents in the box are:
    Phone
    USB Cable
    Charger
    Quick Start Guide
    Maxdome Voucher
    I read somewhere once that all 930s will come with a Charger plate... guess that was just a rumour then.
    07-04-2014 08:13 AM
    I read somewhere once that all 930s will come with a Charger plate... guess that was just a rumour then.
    Shouldn't be, it's on the main nokia website as being included with the phone as standard.
    07-04-2014 08:19 AM
    Darty France was supposed to start shipping today. No news so far.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    07-04-2014 08:27 AM
    Shouldn't be, it's on the main nokia website as being included with the phone as standard.
    hmm not for germany

Lieferumfang
    Standard-Lieferumfang: Nokia Lumia 930, Nokia Micro-USB-Schnellladegert AC-60, Nokia Micro-USB-Lade- und Datenkabel CA-190CD, Kurzanleitung

Nokia Lumia 930 Technische Daten - Nokia - Deutschland
    07-04-2014 08:42 AM
    Seems to only be the uk one that has the charging plate
    07-04-2014 08:53 AM
    Available at Expansys.fr with offer pack :)
    Nokia Lumia 930 (Blanc) #A00018894 - EXPANSYS France
    07-04-2014 09:03 AM
    Anyone in the uk bought from .de or .fr yet?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-04-2014 09:05 AM
    Available at Expansys.fr with offer pack :)
    Nokia Lumia 930 (Blanc) #A00018894 - EXPANSYS France
    Does all that come with it ? Or is it a claim. Who reads French ? :)
    hacer619 likes this.
    07-04-2014 09:21 AM
    I have it here :)
    but it feels heavier and bigger than the lumia 1020 =/ maybe a tick to big, i must see.
    The Display is great and looks like its glowing.. black is more black than on the L1020 und looks just awesome.
    Loading Speeds are slightly better on the L930 but there is no big difference (maybe half second).
    Camera from the L1020 is better for the Detail then u want to zoom in later but on the other side, the L930 is a lot faster for shooting but not as fast as my iPhone 4s (but its ok for me).

I really dont know which phone i will use.. both are great.. i must see how good the L930's battery is.. i think this will be the point to make the decision (if there is not so a big difference with the photoquality)

oh and one last pont: bought the orange one.. and its really bright and very strong.. a lighter, not such glowing orange would be much better.
    07-04-2014 09:33 AM
    Just got an email from Dirty. They will ship sometime between 11-16 July. BUT I got a discount code worth 5 EUR for my next purchase with them. Sure thing.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    07-04-2014 09:33 AM
    Does all that come with it ? Or is it a claim. Who reads French ? :)
    It does not come in the box, it's only listed on the uk nokia site as in the box. Other eu sites have a claim form up, and these offers are only available in the country of origin.

I looked at the t&c's for these offers.
    07-04-2014 09:41 AM
    but it feels heavier and bigger than the lumia 1020 =/ maybe a tick to big, i must see.
    The Display is great and looks like its glowing.. black is more black than on the L1020 und looks just awesome.
    Loading Speeds are slightly better on the L930 but there is no big difference (maybe half second).
    Camera from the L1020 is better for the Detail then u want to zoom in later but on the other side, the L930 is a lot faster for shooting but not as fast as my iPhone 4s (but its ok for me).

I really dont know which phone i will use.. both are great.. i must see how good the L930's battery is.. i think this will be the point to make the decision (if there is not so a big difference with the photoquality)

oh and one last pont: bought the orange one.. and its really bright and very strong.. a lighter, not such glowing orange would be much better.
    Can you take a pic in normal light of thee organe device please? From a few different angles.
    07-04-2014 09:43 AM
    My Amazon.fr 930 is preparing for shipment :)
    Regarding the charging plate, there are a great many QI chargers on eBay for around a fiver - I bought the coloured rectangular one, and three of the smaller circular ones. All are good. I found my 920 needed to be placed in a certain position on the plates to charge, but you soon get used to positioning it correctly and the phone's alert confirms you have it right.
    07-04-2014 09:54 AM
    ......it feels heavier and bigger than the lumia 1020......
    Height + 6,6 mm
    Width -0,4 mm
    Thickness - 0,6 mm
    Weight + 9 g

I would say roughly same size
    07-04-2014 09:56 AM

WOOHOO! I want it to be a proper lairy orange

Also, pics would be excellent as already requested, thanks!!
    07-04-2014 10:00 AM
    Can you take a pic in normal light of thee organe device please? From a few different angles.
    Here are the photos:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4goiryobn...u5kQpSwup8WCNa

There are comparisons with the Lumia 930 (orange) and the Lumia 1020 (yellow) from different angles taken with the iphone 4s.
    There are also comparisons of the image quality (both fullres-pictures).

edit: hope the pictures are ok. Its little bit brighter than on the pictures.. or lets say its little bit glowing :D
    Dragonic87 and thatuxguy like this.
    07-04-2014 10:11 AM
1,195 ... 3031323334 ...