Lumia 930 availability

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This is Vodafone UK? If so, please report back if you order one and I'll chase them up too!

Also is this for a contract upgrade?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
Yes VF UK, however... "Bad News... like the iphone5s, our current stock has now sold out (WTF!!!), our next batch is due in in 3 days, so tell me what colour you want and I'll make sure you get one.........No news on launch offers, but I'll check and when I call back in 3 days I'll have an answer"

So, bit **** really! lol

It was for a new contract, i'm on EE until November, so I'll buy myself out of that contract afterwards.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes VF UK, however... "Bad News... like the iphone5s, our current stock has now sold out (WTF!!!), our next batch is due in in 3 days, so tell me what colour you want and I'll make sure you get one.........No news on launch offers, but I'll check and when I call back in 3 days I'll have an answer"

So, bit **** really! lol

It was for a new contract, i'm on EE until November, so I'll buy myself out of that contract afterwards.

Thanks for finding that all out, but that's bullcrap from Vodafone. How can they sell out of a product that has not officially been released?!

I reckon the staff have skimmed the first shipment! :)

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for finding that all out, but that's bullcrap from Vodafone. How can they sell out of a product that has not officially been released?!
Agreed, didn't sound right to me... if I hadn't 'sent' him off to find the colours and freebies - I wonder if the order would have gone through.

I'm not going to post up on here now until I get mine... in case you guys nick my order ;) lol

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, didn't sound right to me... if I hadn't 'sent' him off to find the colours and freebies - I wonder if the order would have gone through.

I'm not going to post up on here now until I get mine... in case you guys nick my order ;) lol

Oh I see, dog eat dog is it?! :)

Snapples

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
You'll have to wait til it reaches the UK, usually after a day or so and then you'll be able to use the city link tracking code.

I just remembered the tour de France is on today. I probably won't receive my phone as scheduled today since Westminster's closed off :(

Hi .... how long did Amazon.fr take to start processing your order?

I ordered mine at 2.15 am (UK Time) this morning and nothing has happened to the status of my order, they haven't even taken a payment yet.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

I ordered mine at 2.15 am (UK Time) this morning and nothing has happened to the status of my order, they haven't even taken a payment yet.

I ordered mine sat, but it got shipped this morning. I'd assume you won't need to wait that long, maybe shipped tomorrow.

Psyclone71

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

Anyone who has ordered from Amazon.fr I recommend that you email customer services with a query on your order if it hasn't moved for 24hrs. I had to do the same and they replied within a couple of hours saying they are looking into my order process, it was then processed quickly after that. They will only answer any question in English if you email them, you can't use live chat.........

Hope this helps.

Snapples

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who has ordered from Amazon.fr I recommend that you email customer services with a query on your order if it hasn't moved for 24hrs. I had to do the same and they replied within a couple of hours saying they are looking into my order process, it was then processed quickly after that. They will only answer any question in English if you email them, you can't use live chat.........

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the information, I have just managed to connect via the 'Live Chat' and have been told my order is in a queue waiting to be processed. Hopefully now I have contacted them it may speed things up.

ladyruri

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Interesting! And you confirmed it's sim unlocked? Please keep us posted.

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Tapatalk

Just got an email back from support, expansys.FR does not ship to Canada =X
It is sim-free, but still not sure if its region locked or not as they would not give a proper answer to me

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming the 'welcome pack' in the first 2 weeks is for full purchases only? Ie not bundled in with contract phones?

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming the 'welcome pack' in the first 2 weeks is for full purchases only? Ie not bundled in with contract phones?
I would suspect the opposite... Contract phones pull in greater revenue than sim-free.
Certainly I was only offered my freebies with the 920 when I bought a new contract and was one of the first 200 to order.

On a different note, I phoned EE to get my PAC code, obviously they asked for my reasons for leaving and I cited that they don't have the 930 - he then said we are getting it, it will be pre-order "late july", for mid-late august delivery.
I got my PAC code anyway and have 30 days to use it if I find a better offer elsewhere.... VFUK looking like the earliest UK recipients.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would suspect the opposite... Contract phones pull in greater revenue than sim-free.
Certainly I was only offered my freebies with the 920 when I bought a new contract and was one of the first 200 to order.

On a different note, I phoned EE to get my PAC code, obviously they asked for my reasons for leaving and I cited that they don't have the 930 - he then said we are getting it, it will be pre-order "late july", for mid-late august delivery.
I got my PAC code anyway and have 30 days to use it if I find a better offer elsewhere.... VFUK looking like the earliest UK recipients.

I hope so. Free stuff is always good!! Glad to see it's going from ?33 a month too, wasn't sure if it would be stupid on Vodafone like the 1520 is, ?19 upfront which is fine, then ?52 a month!!!

Glad to see the offer is running for 2 weeks too, as I think a lot of people are still interested in this handset. Just a case of getting in there quick!

Oh, and on a side note - anyone in Basingstoke, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Reading & Southampton, I believe Vodafone are expanding their 4G network throughout the summer to cover these areas. Plus 6 months free Netflix on some potential 4G contracts. ALL THE GOODIES!! :)

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Wey hey!! :D

Apparently they're working on a 3 month time frame (hopefully that's real time and not Nokia/MS time hahaha) for the 4G upgrade. If all this is offered, it should sweeten the overall deal an awful lot. (Yes yes, I know we pay for it long term on contract, but, meh. My brain sees it as 'free' stuff lol)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes