Lumia 930 availability

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
You allready see it in the forums. The amount of 930 chatter seems to slowly die off.

Come mid or (heaven forbid) end of July the 930 it might get awfully hard to get everybody back in "excitement"-mode.

And sadly there are only so many chances windows phone 8 will get. Its really a pain to see that the highest ranking specs in a windows phone (not phablet) that compete with android finest are basically from 2012 :/

On the bright side: Jakob Elektronik (another renouned german retailer) had the orange 930 listed for 555 ? but its gone at the moment.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree, rubbish execution by Microsoft/Nokia in this, they should've put pre-orders for the 930 two or three weeks after the announcement. Everything's going dead, they missed their chance to steal Galaxy S5 buyers to move to WP and they're not going to make an impact.

I'm truly disappointed in how it's all been handled, especially for a phone that was moved to production a few months ago.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they could not get WP8.1 ready in time, but thats no excuse as that was way to late anyway (week view in calender?! Way to innovate in 2014).

The device itself is in production and on shelves in the millions allready so why not just put a slap of color on the back an get it out? Even handpainting the white Icon to the green and orange 930 would be faster than waiting until freaking July.

Or is the Nokia/MS Acquisition to blame? Maybe its even some protective global exclusivity clause with Verizon...

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Even ICON was supposed to be launched on Mid of December. It got delayed to Feb because of ongoing issues between Nokia and Vorizon. That means the hardware was already under production on December. I mentally prepared myself to get the device on first week of June. But further waiting till July is insane. Nokia will loose valuable customers. As Q1 results stated, their device sales has been reduced to mere 30%. WTF is MS/Nokia waiting for? Self destruction?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who gets the 930 on 2 years contract is not thinking. It really is an unspectacular phone.

Save your money for Goldfinger guys. Nokia is fooling you, the 930 was never supposed to be 'the new high end device'. Goldfinger was. But they can't finish it in time, so they refer to a tweaked Icon as the new high end model.

They really have nothing high end to offer right now, and that's why they will lose to all the top notch androids recently available and the LG G3 coming, and the iPhone 6.

Nokia/MS have to step up. Always behind.. Zzzz.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who gets the 930 on 2 years contract is not thinking. It really is an unspectacular phone.

Save your money for Goldfinger guys. Nokia is fooling you, the 930 was never supposed to be 'the new high end device'. Goldfinger was. But they can't finish it in time, so they refer to a tweaked Icon as the new high end model.

They really have nothing high end to offer right now, and that's why they will lose to all the top notch androids recently available and the LG G3 coming, and the iPhone 6.

Agree with you here, Very sad windows phones are taking so long to hit the store's. Gave my 920 to my wife 6 months ago and picked up a LG G2 love the phone but the build quality is not as good as my 920.
My wife has dropped it many a times and is amazed that it has taken all the punishment she dished out . I was going to get her the 930 but as usual it is not getting released till months after announcement. very poor Microsoft, Nokia. :(

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. Before 1520, Nokia was always behind high end Android devices in terms of hardware specs (except for cameras). This was the perfect time for Nokia to compete with Galaxy S5. They should have launched 930 on Feb and a 1020 successor by June / July. But looks like for MS / Nokia, someone created a panic situation, on why they should stay in the race of high end android devices, its better to take a break, so that they can remain behind.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Me too, but am absolutly sure that we will among few. Way fewer than we would have been when the device launched at a reasonable timing.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat, I don't have a ******* choice. 1520 is good but, I love the design of 930, that's why I am compromising
1) Glance Screen
2) Extra large screen
3) MicroSD Slot and
4) have to wait 2-3 months

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
It's almost May, so I hope it will be there in the first week of June .... Still don't know what color I should take, also I would like to know if it comes with a wireless charger or not, seems that nobody knows that ...

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It's almost May, so I hope it will be there in the first week of June .... Still don't know what color I should take, also I would like to know if it comes with a wireless charger or not, seems that nobody knows that ...

All Lumia 930 will come with wireless charging. Go for white, if you purchase orange or green, make sure you color the frame using water color or something else

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
All Lumia 930 will come with wireless charging. Go for white, if you purchase orange or green, make sure you color the frame using water color or something else

Are you sure about the wireless charger ? Do you have a link about that ? Yes white is pretty but I really love the orange and green also lol. I also want to buy the Nokia pure headphones 👻

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure about the wireless charger ? Do you have a link about that ? Yes white is pretty but I really love the orange and green also lol. I also want to buy the Nokia pure headphones ��

http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-will-package-wireless-charging-dock-with-lumia-930/
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Noki...ndled-with-free-wireless-charging-pad_id54817
http://pocketnow.com/2014/04/04/nokia-lumia-930-wireless-charging

Orange and green are better, but you have to color the frame in order to match the complete theme

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I like the aluminum color :) thank you for the links, I asked Dutch Nokia and they could not tell me if it comes with a wireless charger in the box. I will just have to wait and see :)

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Sadly i've realized this, as much as WP doesnt need as high end specs as tooted for Android devices, the fact that this is an older phone with a new name is somewhat disappointing. I've had an iPhone 5S for 6 months now and im really tired of it, thinking of giving my wife the 5S, selling her 5 for a decent WP (1020? Definitely not a lower end 520) and maybe early next year seeing whats avaliable from Nokia/MS. Im not sure if they're waiting to surprise everyone with a new AMAZING device, but as you said the longer they wait the more customer they lose to high end Android phones and iPhone 6.

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Sadly i've realized this, as much as WP doesnt need as high end specs as tooted for Android devices, the fact that this is an older phone with a new name is somewhat disappointing. I've had an iPhone 5S for 6 months now and im really tired of it, thinking of giving my wife the 5S, selling her 5 for a decent WP (1020? Definitely not a lower end 520) and maybe early next year seeing whats avaliable from Nokia/MS. Im not sure if they're waiting to surprise everyone with a new AMAZING device, but as you said the longer they wait the more customer they lose to high end Android phones and iPhone 6.

But what is highend at this moment the 801 is the fastest chip and it's not noticeable faster than the 800 chip so in my eyes the 930 is still high end 👻

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs