Lumia 930 availability

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
But what is highend at this moment the 801 is the fastest chip and it's not noticeable faster than the 800 chip so in my eyes the 930 is still high end ��

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

specs wise 930 has excellent hardware specs, except for rare mounted small mono speakers. But it I late into the race. 930 an ICON owners can easily make Galaxy S4 owners jealous. similarly 1520 owners can make note 3 owners jealous. But can't compete with Galaxy S5, because of water proof nature of the device, 4K video recording and fingerprint scanner. Lumia 930 is almost 6 months behind. June / July should have been the time to launch a 1020 successor, that could easily outclass S5 and Z2

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Fingerprint... That is just a gimmick I have it on my iPhone and I'm selling it so I can buy the 930 🙊

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I think we're just being impatient. Realistically I should've been able to pre-order it already and have a marketing email coming to my inbox every week getting me all hyped up about my purchase. That's what happened when I first preordered the iPhone 3GS :)

I'm really eager to try WP out since I've only ever used iOS + Android.

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I read an article that explains why the 930 takes so long, its all because of WP 8.1, that's not finished yet and they want to ship the Nokia 930 with 8.1. They can't ship it with the dev release..so actually it's a simple answer to why it takes so long 😄

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
MS needs a swift kick in the *** to speed up the progress of WP. Its been going at a snails pace ever since WP7. Convergence cant come soon enough. Nokia could also have used this time to throw more gimmicks into the device instead of just change the ICON's backplate color and wait for WP8.1

Im still on a Lumia 710 so I don't care about the lack of glance and the microSD slot missing. Of course I wished the 1020 came with snapdragon 800 internals but I don't see its successor coming out anytime soon so its 930 for me. (1520 is too damn big)

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who gets the 930 on 2 years contract is not thinking. It really is an unspectacular phone.
Your opinion of course - but most people won't get a choice... the majority of contracts are 2 years now, and "Goldfinger" is so far in the distance it's not funny.
You could easily have said the same thing about the 920, but here we are almost 2 years down the line and the 930 DOES carry a lot of new spec with it, as well as looking nice and fresh.

The reason we're on this forum is (largely) because we like windows phones... hence windows phone central, I don't want an iphone, been there done that, and they have next to zero innovation for the past few years.
I personally don't like the android OS, but do conceed the samsung S5 is a superb piece of hardware.

I will be getting the 930, I might buy it outright, I might take out a contract, but it really irks me when I see these 'you're stupid if you do that' (yes, I'm paraphrasing) posts. People can do whatever the f*** they want.
[rant over]

On a similar note though, the lag between announcement and release is really pretty shoddy, should be month absolute max.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
so if the 630 will be available to buy in about 2 weeks what is taking the 930 so long, a phone which was being developed 6 months ago still taking so damn long?

A lot of my excitement for this phone has gone down now...

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
so if the 630 will be available to buy in about 2 weeks what is taking the 930 so long, a phone which was being developed 6 months ago still taking so damn long?

A lot of my excitement for this phone has gone down now...

Looks like Nokia / MS are following some stupid trend of starting with low end device, then bring their high end. It doesn't work this way. You have to start with high end, so that it becomes a hit and then that goodwill encourage budget customers to go for low end stuff

Last edited:

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Fingerprint... That is just a gimmick I have it on my iPhone and I'm selling it so I can buy the 930 ��

I love the Touch ID, one of the few things i LOVE about the 5S. It saves me from having to enter my PIN everytime i unlock my phone, which is very frequently.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Thats true but i am happy to sell it so i can buy the 930 :)

Im right there with you, im so sick of iPhone LOL. With iOS7 and having been away from iPhone since 3G i was excited to give it another go, that lasted a whole month before i was wishing i had gone with a 1020. Now im trying to trade my iPhone 5 (wifes) for a 1020 but no bites =(

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't buy a 1020. Its not that smooth with Windows 8.1 Update. Some lag, slow camera, great size screen. Its not bad considering how few #Windows Phones are out there, but jesus we need some new handsets already Microsoft :/

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So what does this mean for Europe ....?

Nothing, I guess...
Both phones have already been announced, only thing new they may show are some new apps like Creative Studio update, File Manager, Skype update, etc...

KGun

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Is the 930 not coming to the US?
I keep seeing on WMPoweruser articles it is not.
Also the Nokia website for the 930 does not have the US listed on it's Check Local pages" link.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb