Lumia 930 availability

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was sure that the wireless charger (and some other stuff) was part of the 'first orders' bundle... much like they did with the 920.
And I was also sure that i saw it on an official release somewhere rather than rumours on wpcentral lol

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
reason why I put "somewhere" was that I couldn't be bothered to spend time searching...
I am sure if you google "nokia 930 free charger" it will return you results... and probably more reliable than the single (unknown) websiote which is listing pre-orders before any of the main players.

What are your sources to determine it's a rumour??? And why do you think that they wouldn't do it when they did with the 920??
I got both a free wireless charger and an NFC bluetooth speaker when I got my 920... the 1020 had a wireless case, charger and a camera grip as a free bundle on release - so I have no reason whatsoever to think that this wouldn't be bundled with similar toys.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
don't misunderstand me - I would be happy to get a wireless charger for free as I already pre-ordered the 930... ;-)

but currently all offers don't even mention a bundled extra for free:
- Nokia: What’s in the box - Sales Package: Nokia AC-60 MicroUSB Charger, Nokia Charging and Data Cable CA-190CD, Quick guide
- Cyberport: Lieferumfang - Nokia Lumia 930, Nokia Micro-USB-Schnellladeger?t AC-60, Nokia Micro-USB-Lade- und Datenkabel CA-190CD, Kurzanleitung (sry, german...)
- Sparhandy: Lieferumfang - Mobiltelefon, Akku, Ladeger?t, Micro-USB-Lade- und Datenkabel (sry, german...)
- Unlocked Mobiles: What’s in the Box - Nokia Lumia 930 Sim Free Handset, Nokia AC-60, MicroUSB Charger, Nokia Charging and Data Cable, User Guide, Warranty Card

After a couple of weeks/months after release hopefully there will be some bundles which includes bundled extras...

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
don't misunderstand me - I would be happy to get a wireless charger for free as I already pre-ordered the 930... ;-)
but currently all offers don't even mention a bundled extra for free:
After a couple of weeks/months after release hopefully there will be some bundles which includes bundled extras...
With the utmost respect, not a single one of those links has the phone... and the first link is a nokia link to the standard phone - they never list the bundles on there.
At the moment, there are dozens more sources reporting that it will come with a bundle than without.... and whilst I appreciate you've dug around to find "sparhandy" and "unlocked mobile" sites, neither are reputable, and neither actually have the phone.
Cyberport has already changed their dates twice, so again, you've probably picked the least reliable sources on the internet.... ever. ;) lol

Similarly it's unlikely they'd release the phone, then wait, then chuck out bundles - that's just not how marketing works!! LOL
Yup but the post above yours is proving different :p
I see no proof whatsoever...

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it will come with a wireless charger. My 920 didn't come with one and it was one of the first units on sale.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it will come with a wireless charger. My 920 didn't come with one and it was one of the first units on sale.
then you were unlucky.
Mine was one of the first and I did get a wireless charger and a wireless speaker.

And as I have already said, the 1020 had a free bundle, and in fact so did the 820.
Obviously this is the internet and everyone is correct, but there is nothing to indicate that there wont be a bundle.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
im pretty sure a wireless charger is NOT in the actual Lumia 930 box, but is a separate item altogether.
Its bundled with one, but it doesn't COME with one.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you guys heard anything about the 930 release having been moved up? I know online retailers really lack credibility when it comes to prediciting availability - they'd do anything for traffic to their site. However, most of the German e-tailers have been predicting mid June until now and Cyberport still says 6.19, yet over the past few days 6 sites have moved up their dates to as early as next week:

Hardwareversand.de (05.20)
anobo.de (05.20)
atelco.de (05.20)
av-electonix.de (05.20)
handyattacke.de ("delivery in 4-7 days")
ba-computer.at (06.02)

(Sorry, linking wasn't working for some reason)

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Have you guys heard anything about the 930 release having been moved up? I know online retailers really lack credibility when it comes to prediciting availability - they'd do anything for traffic to their site. However, most of the German e-tailers have been predicting mid June until now and Cyberport still says 6.19, yet over the past few days 6 sites have moved up their dates to as early as next week:

Hardwareversand.de (05.20)
anobo.de (05.20)
atelco.de (05.20)
av-electonix.de (05.20)
handyattacke.de ("delivery in 4-7 days")
ba-computer.at (06.02)

(Sorry, linking wasn't working for some reason)

I can also see that it's saying it'll be ready to dispatch on the 20th May, if that's the case then I'll have my 930 by the end of the week!

Nokia Lumia 930 (white)

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Here's my theory for why the 930 isn't out until late June to July.

The Lumia Icon was delayed almost 2 months because Verizon refused to hold negotiations with both Microsoft and Nokia. When it was finally released in Febuary it wasn't old, but it wasn't exactly fresh hardware.

Nokia was originally aiming to release the Goldfinger during spring 2014, but due to technical limitations they were unable to release this flagship as planned. Not having a flagship ready for release they went into Panic Mode and went with plan B; make the Lumia Icon a global smartphone release. They couldn't just release this phone and screw over Verizon on their 6 month exclusivity though. Combine this with Microsofts inability to release their OS updates on time and we're stuck with a whole heap of reasons for delay after delay, both in terms of hardware and software.

So now we're stuck with a "flagship" intended for Christmas 2013 Verizon release instead of the revolutionary smartphone Goldfinger probably would have been.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
They couldn't just release this phone and screw over Verizon on their 6 month exclusivity though.
I don't think that Verizon really cares or was given exclusivity for outside the USA. I think the delay for the '30 phones has been mainly due to WP8.1 being late - MS/NOKIA did not want to release phones 1-2 months before the new OS hits, while Verizon may have had it's own reasons for wanting the Icon before 8.1.

As for Goldfinger... we really don't know why they pushed it back, all we have is rumors. However if they plan to bring it out late Q3 or in Q4, and if it will really be a new flagship (1030?), it makes sense to leave as much space beteen it and the 930 as possible. The last thing they need is people holding off on 930 purchases due to leakse of an "imminent" 1030 release.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the delay for the '30 phones has been mainly due to WP8.1 being late - MS/NOKIA did not want to release phones 1-2 months before the new OS hits, while Verizon may have had it's own reasons for wanting the Icon before 8.1.
I agree, but I wasn't fully willing to rule out any possible contractual obligations to Verizon. I was mostly stabbing in the dark about possible reasons for the 930 delay.

The 930 doesn't feel like a typical global smartphone release from Nokia though. The design is essentially a repolished Verizon 928, the specifications are merely high-end for 2013 (when the 929 was planned for release) and the near half-year delay from the initial Icon planned release date to the 930 release date is unheard of.

All the rumors was saying the Goldfinger was the device slanted for Q1-Q2 2014 release. It would make sense they had to release another device if the Goldfinger went back to the work table.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I agree, but I wasn't fully willing to rule out any possible contractual obligations to Verizon. I was mostly stabbing in the dark about possible reasons for the 930 delay.

The 930 doesn't feel like a typical global smartphone release from Nokia though. The design is essentially a repolished Verizon 928, the specifications are merely high-end for 2013 (when the 929 was planned for release) and the near half-year delay from the initial Icon planned release date to the 930 release date is unheard of.

All the rumors was saying the Goldfinger was the device slanted for Q1-Q2 2014 release. It would make sense they had to release another device if the Goldfinger went back to the work table.
As much as I like the N9/Lumia 800 design (still rocking my 800... about to upgrade to 930 or 1020), I do feel it has been played out a bit too much. I am feeling ambivalent about this, but I was looking forward to Nokia coming up with something fresh, that still feels like a Lumia. While I agree the 930 is a bit boxy like Verizon phones and the metal frame reminds me just a bit too much of the iPhone, the rounded edges, striking (orange, lime) black plate, and the solid feel of the device (at least what I've seen online) makes me want it more and more each day. If this is that new, fresh, yet familiar design they'll go with, I'm fine with it. I really hated the 925's direction.

About this beeing a flagship or not, I think saying that a SD800 series SoC, 441ppi screen, 20pmx OIS PV camera, integrated QI charging is "2013 flagship" is really a stretch. Those specs are still high end half way through 2014. The SD801 is simply a speedbump with marginally higher clock speeds and the only higher rez screen I know of is the Oppo that's not even available yet. The 930 will still be considered high end for the next year or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb