Lumia 930 availability

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey mrdoubleb, I had my Lumia 800 right up until January this year. I think I was the first (of only a handful of people in the UK back in 2011/12) that was prepared to give windows phone a try.

Back in January I went from one extreme to the other.......from the 800 straight to a Lumia 1520.

Honestly, it is without a doubt the very best phone I've ever owned.

If your looking to make an upgrade don't forget to check the 1520 out. To the best of my knowledge it's still the best spec'd phone in the Lumia range. And on 8.1 its just awesome 😊

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
If your looking to make an upgrade don't forget to check the 1520 out. To the best of my knowledge it's still the best spec'd phone in the Lumia range. And on 8.1 its just awesome 😊

Thanks. :D The 1520 is definitely a top notch device, however it's way too big for me. Tried it at a store plus my brother has a Note 3 - I want something more pocketable and a chance to actually reach across the screen with my thumb while I'm holding on to the metro with the other hand.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Those specs are still high end half way through 2014. The SD801 is simply a speedbump with marginally higher clock speeds

No, its not: most notably it features a much faster photo processing unit -> the fantastic but slow high end pure view cameras would benefit insainly from that.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
No, its not: most notably it features a much faster photo processing unit -> the fantastic but slow high end pure view cameras would benefit insainly from that.

Those slow PV cameras were the 1020 processing 41mpx on a dual core S4. I haven't heard of any speed issues with the 1520. The SD800 can handle that just fine.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The SC801 could do it "finer". And exactly that is the issue. "Fine" is not the definition of a flagship, but of a mid-range/old flagship device.

Point being: Availability of the 930 is to late to justify it being called a flagship im Mid 2014 for 600 to 700 $...

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Those slow PV cameras were the 1020 processing 41mpx on a dual core S4. I haven't heard of any speed issues with the 1520. The SD800 can handle that just fine.

While the S800-powered 20 MP PureView cameras don't suffer nearly as badly as the 1020 sensor did with the much slower S4P processor, the burst mode on cameras greatly benefit from the 45 % faster Image Signal Processor in the S801. All the praise you hear about how fast you can burst-snap images with the HTC One M8 and Sony Xperia Z2 is much thanks to this faster processing.

So it's not nearly as much of a catastrophic flaw as combining a 41 MP PureView sensor with an aging S4P processor was. But the L930 could certainly have benefited from the S801. And considering the June-July release of the "flagship", perhaps they could have tried a little for once and actually gone for a S805.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand this whole processor game. Apple is using a Dual Core processor and iOS works smoothly and without a hiccup. The same is for WP, there's no need for a Quad Core processor as the operating system was made for the phones it runs on. Android is a different story as there's different versions of it (Touchwiz, HTC Sense) that have different power requirements, which also slow the phone down. So it needs a faster processor to keep up with improved features etc.

This isn't the case with WP, look at last years 925, it still runs smooth as a whistle - if that's the case then the 930 will be blazing fast! The difference between an 800 and an 805 is nothing, only a few mhz which only contribute to benchmarks, not real world performance. So be happy that the 930 is coming out and that it is actually in line with the top phones of 2014.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
sorry guys, but you are so incredible off-topic... ;-)
if you want to discuss if the specifications of the Lumia 930 and if it is enough for whatever, please start a new thread... thanks!

Riley2521

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
UK Pre Orders are slowly starting @ ?525 which is higher than I thought it would be!

At the moment the only place to list it is Nokia Lumia 930 Sim Free

I'll be waiting for Carphonewarehouse to accept pre-orders although I've heard very good things about unlocked-mobiles

When I add it to my cart to send to the US it drops to 457.....I don't know the conversion rate at the moment though....

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
That's because in Europe prices include VAT (sales tax) which is currently 19% in Germany. As a US customer it wouldn't be applied but you'd have to pay import duties and maybe US sales tax when it reaches the US.

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Have you guys heard anything about the 930 release having been moved up? I know online retailers really lack credibility when it comes to prediciting availability - they'd do anything for traffic to their site. However, most of the German e-tailers have been predicting mid June until now and Cyberport still says 6.19, yet over the past few days 6 sites have moved up their dates to as early as next week:

Hardwareversand.de (05.20)
anobo.de (05.20)
atelco.de (05.20)
av-electonix.de (05.20)
handyattacke.de ("delivery in 4-7 days")
ba-computer.at (06.02)

(Sorry, linking wasn't working for some reason)

Well I'm curious if it's available today :p

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hardwareversand.de (05.20)
anobo.de (05.20)
atelco.de (05.20)
av-electonix.de (05.20)
handyattacke.de ("delivery in 4-7 days")
ba-computer.at (06.02)

Could also find some of these offers... but it's nothing else but a cheap trick:
Most of these resellers changed the availability today to "delivery delayed, new date requested".
They just fool around with our hopes to be one of the first to get this device - last but not least they simple DON'T know the exact availability, but telling us they can deliver from today on... man, how many people have ordered there due to this fact...?

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Not me lol, I'm waiting until I'm 100 %sure it's available because I need to drive to Germany to get the phone ...

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
It's getting irritating, I'm just googling "Lumia 930" about 50 times a day just for any info that Germany have sent out their orders. I'm really excited about this phone and once Amazon send me the confirmation that my phone's been sent away I'll be selling my Nexus 5 and going to EE to get a nano sim ready!

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had my nose pressed up against the carphone warehouse door to get 1. Love that phone even with the couldn't end call bug which folks had to wait a good few months before it was fixed. Thinking on getting a 1520, but then I'm going to wait and see how the 930 is priced before I make up my mind.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
@Germans + all, who will buy it in Germany:
Just got an answer from sparhandy.de (asked about availability + est. delivery) - they expect their delivery for end of may / beginning of june and start to deliver to the customers asap...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DynamicWin