Lumia 930 availability

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Here we go again, folks. Those same "trustworthy" sites now say 05.27. We'll see.... but if the UK launch date is valid, the rest of Europe shouldn't be far behind. I bet they are flashing Cyan to those 930's at their EU packaging/distribution facility in Hungary right now. Hopefully it's now just a matter of building inventory. The 630 is already out so 8.1 is ready.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for what may be a dumb question. Any chance that if the UK release date is correct, there will be something unlocked that I can purchase to use on ATT? My 920 just broke, and I need a replacement in fairly short order.

Cheers,

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Pre-order for the Netherlands also 505 euro is the cheapest store so far but they have only the green one

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that. Nope, its not good enough, so I guess I will have to wait to see what is coming down the pike for ATT.
Don't worry, ATT has been an (the) most important Nokia partner in the US since WP7 launched, so they will surely get something good. In fact, I bet if Verizon got the 930/Icon they will get the 1030... whenever it comes out. You may have to wait until late Q3 though, I doubt we will see a new flagship earlier than that.

fopflugel

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Cheap 930

So, I wanted to pre-order a Lumia 930 from Expansys.
- The Lumia 930 cost @ Expansys €549,99
- I've put the Lumia 930 in my cart in the cart and there it costs only €454,54 (+/-$618) :cool: ( pic1 )
I've completed the pre-order and used as payment wired-transfer , so i decide if i pay or not ;)

Now when i go to my account and view my order it shows €585,07 ( pic 2)
When i click on the order to see the details it shows €454,54 (pic 3)

Now what do you guys would do? :devil:

Pic1 ( cart)
Basket.JPG
-------------------------------------------------
Pic2 (list of orders)
Main.JPG
-------------------------------------------------
Pic3 ( order detail)
Detail.JPG

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry, ATT has been an (the) most important Nokia partner in the US since WP7 launched, so they will surely get something good. In fact, I bet if Verizon got the 930/Icon they will get the 1030... whenever it comes out. You may have to wait until late Q3 though, I doubt we will see a new flagship earlier than that.

I hope you are correct, though I don't see the 1020 as flagship, but more of a niche phone. I'm sure its great and all, but I am not looking to have that big protrusion on the back of my phone. The camera on my 920 currently works well enough for me, and I am sure the one in the 930 would be find also.

Mizmo

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cheap 930

So, I wanted to pre-order a Lumia 930 from Expansys.
- The Lumia 930 cost @ Expansys ?549,99
- I've put the Lumia 930 in my cart in the cart and there it costs only ?454,54 (+/-$618) :cool: ( pic1 )
I've completed the pre-order and used as payment wired-transfer , so i decide if i pay or not ;)

Now when i go to my account and view my order it shows ?585,07 ( pic 2)
When i click on the order to see the details it shows ?454,54 (pic 3)

Now what do you guys would do? :devil:

from where do you order? if you buy from a different country from the Belgian expansys site I would guess 585? is with taxes and shipping costs and 454? without them but not sure the difference is quite high

edit: yes it's without taxes. expansys.lu 550? and in the basket it's only 458? but under it is a note TVA 20% which is exactly the difference

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
My love affair with Apple started diminishing when I bought the iPhone 5. I found the screen too narrow, the phone way too lightweight and I began to tire of the simplistic interface which consisted merely of app icons. I bought the Lumia 920 in Dec 2012 and it blew me away. Sold my iPhone, my iMac and my MacBook Air and now have Windows Phone, an all-in-one Windows 8 PC and a Surface 2. Microsoft upped its game with the advent of Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. I like where they're going whereas Apple is doing anything for a quick buck.

I've pre-ordered a 930 from Amazon.fr and Expansys in the UK. Expansys says that they will confirm if a customer still wants a pre-ordered item when it comes into stock so I'll see which one I'm likely to get first. Have ordered the white - think it looks sumptuous with the aluminium surround.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
My love affair with Apple started diminishing when I bought the iPhone 5. I found the screen too narrow, the phone way too lightweight and I began to tire of the simplistic interface which consisted merely of app icons. I bought the Lumia 920 in Dec 2012 and it blew me away. Sold my iPhone, my iMac and my MacBook Air and now have Windows Phone, an all-in-one Windows 8 PC and a Surface 2. Microsoft upped its game with the advent of Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. I like where they're going whereas Apple is doing anything for a quick buck.

I've pre-ordered a 930 from Amazon.fr and Expansys in the UK. Expansys says that they will confirm if a customer still wants a pre-ordered item when it comes into stock so I'll see which one I'm likely to get first. Have ordered the white - think it looks sumptuous with the aluminium surround.

Kind of same story as me. Bought the iPhone 5 on release day, hated it and sold it for ?100 more (?640) a week later. Then I had bought the Samsung Galaxy S3 which had started my liking towards Android, then went on to get the Galaxy S4 and then the Nexus 5. I already had a Windows system since I'm a Windows Developer but now with the addition of the Action Center and Cortana I feel it's more of a complete phone OS (Notifications were a big part of not going to WP sooner). Now just waiting for the Lumia 930 to release so I can get testing my app and build a lot more to go on the Microsoft Store.

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I bought a Nexus 5 too. I have extensive experience of iOS, Android and Windows Phone and have now settled on Windows Phone. I sold my Nexus 5 and bought a Lumia 920 from eBay to tide me over until the 930 comes out. Will keep the 920 as a spare. The thought of dropping and breaking my one and only phone and being without it for a week or so means a cheap spare is a good idea.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Nokia_uk on Twitter advised me the 930 will be released on in July. No actual date.

"It's coming beginning of July! The wait will be worth it we can promise" - @nokia_uk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2