Lumia 930 availability

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, good luck to people waiting for the "McLaren". At the moment, it is just a rumour. The 930 is an actual announced device (albeit not even a new device) which was announced months ago and we still can't even pre-order it yet. Imagine when we will be actually able to buy "McLaren" in the shops!

There's no way I see Microsoft letting the holiday season go by without releasing a flagship device. Just won't happen. 2012 it was the 920, last holiday it was the 1520. Though they generally don't do a very good job with availability immediately after announcement, the 930's extended delay is more of an exception than the rule.

If you frequent this forum, then you're probably the gadget-enthusiast type (like myself) that will probably get a phone 6 months after just buying one if you like it enough anyway. But if you're already on the fence about the 930, you might want to wait.

I was on the fence about it and went with a pentaband 1520 on T-Mobile instead. If I like the McLaren enough, I'll sell my 1520 and get that, because #YOLO, as well as #TurnUp and #ThugLife.

Last edited:

KPAkiller

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
It was announced at the beginning of April. Its essentially a Nokia Lumia Icon. Yet for some reason 3 months later there's no release date. All carriers are telling me they have no information except 'coming soon'. What is the hold up in releasing it? I mean I know it will have different release times for different regions but I currently have no phone because my contract has ended and I thought this phone would be out now. VERY FRUSTRATED.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Bacause it will not change anything. If they don't release it it's probably because they can't and not because they don't want.

There is nothing we can do to make them release it faster.

That doesn't mean we have to remain quiet and wait... There is something that we can do, which is forcing Nokia to give us more information.

That's what pisses me off! I get that they aren't ready to release it but why can't just they give us some objective information on what's going on? THAT has no excuse!!

Robert03

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Bacause it will not change anything. If they don't release it it's probably because they can't and not because they don't want.

There is nothing we can do to make them release it faster.

That doesn't mean we have to remain quiet and wait... There is something that we can do, which is forcing Nokia to give us more information.

That's what pisses me off! I get that they aren't ready to release it but why can't just they give us some objective information on what's going on? THAT has no excuse!!

I agree with you they should come with more information about it. But as of last night things are changing in France.

SFR took the pre command option offline.
Nokia France published the networks and stores online where to buy the Lumia 930
Not sure what to make of this but this is one of the stores showing a pack deal headset, wireless charger and speaker.
But probably more important Nokia France responded yesterday that the availability information is coming on a very short notice.

I still think that the launch will be tomorrow in France or maybe it just wishful thinking. :)

Dragonic87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can remember SA is on the 2nd or 3rd availability wave of the 930...
I can only agree with poiman: the worst launch of a smartphone ever... :eck:

Bleh 2nd wave would already be too long a wait, I'll just go get my 1020 or 1520 this weekend then. But I'm thinking give it one more weekend of wait.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I got fed up so tweeted this to Nokia, now hopefully we get some response...

(pt. 1) @nokia @nokia_uk @NokiaHelps @NokiaUS Can someone please provide a update on what is happening with the Lumia 930?
(pt. 2) @nokia @nokia_uk @NokiaHelps @NokiaUS Early July/Coming Soon are not good when you said June! Whats with the delay?!
(pt. 3) @nokia @nokia_uk @NokiaHelps @NokiaUS You do realise you are loosing potential customers with these delays and no reason for them?

Update: From NokiaHelps -- "We don't have any information on the availability of the phone. Just visit our website for any official announcement. ^MM"

So things are not looking good for our lovely Nokia 930's!

Last edited:

Dragonic87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got fed up so tweeted this to Nokia, now hopefully we get some response...

(pt. 1) @nokia @nokia_uk @NokiaHelps @NokiaUS Can someone please provide a update on what is happening with the Lumia 930?
(pt. 2) @nokia @nokia_uk @NokiaHelps @NokiaUS Early July/Coming Soon are not good when you said June! Whats with the delay?!
(pt. 3) @nokia @nokia_uk @NokiaHelps @NokiaUS You do realise you are loosing potential customers with these delays and no reason for them?

Update: From NokiaHelps -- "We don't have any information on the availability of the phone. Just visit our website for any official announcement. ^MM"

So things are not looking good for our lovely Nokia 930's!

I hate these friggen generic replies!
Get the same from NokiaSA on FB, on twitter they don't even reply. SIGH!

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Just had this response from them...

"1/2 We appreciate your interest. However, we don't have info. as to when it'll be available. Best to check the website"
"2/2 from time to time: http://nokia.ly/Jj8yNC for any official announcement. ^GS"

Wonder if its the same people on twitter that write the press releases...

Nokia Lumia 930 Press release dated 2nd April 2014

"The Nokia Lumia 930 is priced at $599 before taxes and subsidies. It will be available from June – beginning in Europe, Asia, India, Middle East and Latin America – and will continue to rollout throughout the world (except the US) throughout the summer."

Same line used on this press release too.

Robert03

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm no twitter poster(made two posts ever) but sure, why not.

I'm not so much of a poster too but well it came across. Worst case stays that MS is still not capable of generating a good marketing plan for the products.

Today Nokia Netherlands posted the announcement that the lumia 930 is coming. When? Well they say here it is expected "beginning end July".

One directly asked what is it? Beginning or end of July. That was an hour ago and no answer.

Robert03

May 20, 2014
Visit site
"The Nokia Lumia 930 is priced at $599 before taxes and subsidies. It will be available from June – beginning in Europe, Asia, India, Middle East and Latin America – and will continue to rollout throughout the world (except the US) throughout the summer."

Well they didn't say what year. ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos