Lumia 930 availability

Robert03

May 20, 2014
Visit site
These vague answers... OMG.
I understand thats the best way to protect themselves from setting a date then get assaulted with pitchforks for failing to deliver on that date but geez, atleast something.

Be careful what you wish for! Before you know it they send you a photo of the Lumia 930 and say at least you have something now.

Robert03

May 20, 2014
Visit site
July 3rd is still pretty late. Let's hope that they're just saying 3rd to add a bit of contingency.

I was having a discussion off-line. What do you think:

Can the delay have to do with the fact that WP 8.1 is not ready jet?
If they are not sure that the software is running completely correctly it is indeed better to hold then to have lot's of media complains about the Lumia 930.

Still if that is the case they should let us know.

Psyclone71

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Can't really see a problem with WP 8.1, as the Nokia Lumia 630 has already been released winning WP 8.1...

Everything is pointing to a release date of the first week in July, at least that's only a couple of weeks away now. I expect a release date to be published everywhere this coming week some time......... Hopefully, ...

M_atter

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi there.
When MS said 930 will be available it June, they was right.
In Russian official Nokia web store Lumia 930 is open for pre-order at the beginning of June and delivery date is set to 30 of June (Moscow). Also they include free wireless charger for pre-order
Nokia Lumia 930 Windows phone.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Also they include free wireless charger for pre-order
Nokia Lumia 930 Windows phone.
Looks like the UK ship with a charge plate too - but as part of the normal package... not for pre-orders only :
Free of charge
The Nokia Lumia 930 features built-in wireless charging. What's more, every Lumia 930 comes with a free black Wireless Charging Plate included in the box, so you can charge your phone, cable-free right from the very start.
Nokia Lumia 930 - Smartphone with Windows 8.1 - Nokia - UK

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Very interesting! And also looks as though its the USB version and not the main-charger version as the link points to this... Wireless Charging Plate DT-601 - Overview - Nokia - UK

I'd rather have a solid release date than notice that they'll be adding a wireless charger in the packaging. I'm pretty close to cancelling all pre-orders and just seeing what Microsoft release next year under their own branding. There's nothing wrong with my Nexus 5 - just a bit bored of it that's all.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It is nearly July, I am on the edge of cancelling my pre-order and living with my 920 until November when hopefully the next big WP will be released.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
In belgium the release date is 27/7/2014.
The price is 499€ and you get a free charging plate. Nokia Lumia 930 Groen - PDAshop.be
Now in the Netherlands the launch date is 19/07/14. Nokia Lumia 930 Zwart - PDAshop.nl

I'd be quite sceptic. I don't believe that this phone would go for 499€ when even the 920 was 600€ back in the day (and pretty much any other flagship starts at 600€ nowadays). Also can't find any official sources for those release dates either, though.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Seems like a real screw up on Nokia/Microsoft's part that this still hasn't launched in the US yet. I'm not sure why they even announced in so early in April if it still doesn't even have a solid release date, and I wonder what's taking them so long.

Windows Phone needs a new flagship and they're really letting the Android flagships dominate the line up by being way too quiet with this thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720