Lumia 930 availability

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a real screw up on Nokia/Microsoft's part that this still hasn't launched in the US yet. I'm not sure why they even announced in so early in April if it still doesn't even have a solid release date, and I wonder what's taking them so long.

Windows Phone needs a new flagship and they're really letting the Android flagships dominate the line up by being way too quiet with this thing.

US won't get this, you guys already have the Icon on Verizon.

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Tapatalk

grumtrias

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
19th July seems to be the date when pdashop.nl will have it on stock .. launch still may very well be 1st week Jul as FB page of Nokia NL says.... glass half full hey! ;)

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Any news on this Monday morning guys? It's back to checking wmpoweruser and wpcentral every 30 mins!

Ireland, Finaland, etc, all being pushed to July. Just wait to see if this countries will receive the first batch of 930s or if there are other countries (Germany, UK) that will receive it first.

Either way, this is the most shameful release that I've seen in years. Everything is pointing to a July release everywhere in Europe, which is a full month delay considering what Elop said when he announced the phone! This is a disrespect to every Nokia fan!

Also, this shows that there is something going really bad on their side! No one announces a phone and releases it 3 months later! Even worst, they only release their flagship more than a month after their low-low-low-end device! The message that it passes to the market is going to make people associate WP8.1 to very low-end smartphones!

Want even worst? Because I can give you even worst! All this we are talking about started when WP8.1 was announced in April, but lets not forget that the WP8.1 announcement was itself delayed! I can remember quite well that it was supposed to be announced in January in the first place! And a flagship device was supposed to come with it (either this one or goldfinger), that's why we have been hearing rumours of the ICON (by then the 929) since last year. Sum everything and we are getting the first WP8.1 flagship at least 5/6 months later than what the first plan indicated!

Is it too much to demand some explanation by Nokia? Where can we make ourselves heard? All they say is that the 930 is coming soon and that the wait will be worth it! Bull****!! They are trying to a avoid telling us the real reason behind this HUGE delay! They are afraid of what the general public would say about them, not a bit concerned about what their loyal fans think. I say that at the moment, if it wasn't for their loyal fans they would have already been crossed from the map! Why they are concerned about what people who don't care for them think about them it is something that I can't explain. They must think that loyal fans like us are a given and they can afford to ignore us. I wouldn't be so sure! Even the most loyal fans are starting to have doubts. I personally sometimes find myself thinking about just buying something else. I mean, other brands are offering their customers what they want and I get nothing because I chose to stick to a brand that doesn't respect me?

Last edited:

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
@poiman:
Yes, you are absolutely right, and obviously you are so *****d off like so many of us are, too.
Unfortunately we are too few for a BIG sh*tstorm on Nokia's facebook page...

On the other hands: yes, MS/Nokia obviously made lot of things wrongs in the last couple of months: delayed WP8.1, delayed new (flagship) devices, really bad communication policy, etc.
But we also shouldn't forget what also happened in the last couple of month with this company: delays were to be expected at so much change still in progress. Don't understand me wrong, I am NOT arguing for MS/Nokia, I just try to understand both sides...

So it's up to us if we can or can not live with the current situation... no one is forced... patience is still a gift... and we are not talking about life & death, poverty or illness - it's just a phone...
and I still looking forward to switch from iPhone 5 / iOS to Lumia 930 / WP 8.1, and hope sparhandy.de will start to deliver on June 26th (as they announced)... ;-)

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I know that the 2 companies merged for a greater good. It is totally unrealistic to expect to see the results at day 1. I would never demand such thing from them. BUT I do demand that they at least keep their standards, which isn't happening!

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's THAT bad. Just look here: From Unveiling to Releasing a Flagship - OnePlus Forums
3 months is more than average, but it's not too far from the others, so I'm happy when they release it end of June/beginning of July..

Nokia/Microsoft can't compare themselves to the bad examples. Apple usually takes 2 weeks after the announcement to release the iPhone and Samsung about a month to release their Galaxy S. Microsoft has to be somewhere between 2 to 4 weeks maximum if they want to be among the best in the industry. 3 months is just pitiful!

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

i preordered my N930 on cyberport.de

got an email this morning saying that the phone will be available from Friday 20th June 2014

"NOKIA LUMIA 930 SCHWARZ WINDOWS PHONE 8. 1 20.06.2014 "

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99