Lumia 930 availability

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't think 1520 and 930 compete against each other that much. Although for my tastes even the 930 (hell, even the 920) is already pushing it in size, but 930 is clearly more "average consumer" product than 1520, which is still a phablet, a niche product.

I was surprised about the low pricing of the phone though, how come flagship phone prices are starting to decline? The 920 was 600€ here, 930 is 550€. I'm happy though, as it's now a bit more affordable to me. Although I think 920 specs and size is totally sufficient for me. I don't play games and even the 920-level specs are pretty much monstrous for WPs needs. I could just pick up a new 1020 and get the best camera on the market, they go for 400€ now, perhaps less when 930 is out. My only problem at that point sort of is that it isnt as sexy as the 930 and it won't have built in wireless charging, which I'd much prefer now that my 920 USB port is pretty much screwed up after 1? years of daily use.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
As Thatuxguy said, the Lumia 1520 has better specifications than the Lumia 930. Other than having the same processor, memory and RAM it has a bigger screen, SD-card slot, Glance support, better battery life and it's thinner.

The only reason I can see someone picking the 930 over the 1520 is because of the smaller height and width. Because in all other areas, the 930 is inferior.

I actually meant the camera on the 1020 is good. The specs of the 1520 and 930 pretty much the same. apart from the screen itself, the screen size and the sd slot as you pointed out.

But the reason people will pick up the 930 is due to the screen size difference, and maybe the SD slot.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It'd probably be a bit pushing to say that not having an SD slot can be a good thing, but it does make a signifigant difference in the build of the device typically. I'm far from your average Joe, but I've never needed a MicroSD slot on my phone, but I guess it could partially be cos I keep a fairly small collection of music on my phone (maybe 3gb), but then again I take a lot of pics and videos and never delete them (pics and videos are taking 12gb atm :D) but I still have like 9gb to go.

But people are different, there's plenty of people who require that MicroSD slot for their needs, for me it's so indifferent cos I know I don't need it that I almost just rather take a phone that doesn't have it, just to have that slightly less compromised build of the phone.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
It'd probably be a bit pushing to say that not having an SD slot can be a good thing, but it does make a signifigant difference in the build of the device typically. I'm far from your average Joe, but I've never needed a MicroSD slot on my phone, but I guess it could partially be cos I keep a fairly small collection of music on my phone (maybe 3gb), but then again I take a lot of pics and videos and never delete them (pics and videos are taking 12gb atm :D) but I still have like 9gb to go.

But people are different, there's plenty of people who require that MicroSD slot for their needs, for me it's so indifferent cos I know I don't need it that I almost just rather take a phone that doesn't have it, just to have that slightly less compromised build of the phone.

Me too I mainly use my phone for photos, having kids and a new born I mainly use my phone for pictures. I hardly need a sd card, and I have one drive, Dropbox and box if needed.

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Cyberport in Germany has had the 19th of June as delivery date for a while - that was just updated to 10th of July. *sigh*

well that just sucks. i only just got an email the other day from cyberport telling me ill get my N930 on the 20th June.

if i don't get it tomorrow I'm cancelling my order and staying with my other devices (IOS, Android) and ditching Windows Mobile for a while

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I ordered yesterday a Lumia 1020 because of the camera.
But i found also some comparisons with the 1520 and that camera is also quite good and comes near to the 1020.
I will test the Lumia 1020 for while and hopefully can see it side-by-side with the Lumia 930 for a comparison.
But i think if the camera from the L930 is quite as good as the one from the L1020 and i dont need the higher zoom,
i would send the the L1020 back because of the better display and performance.

But on the other side: There is a camera grip for tripods (also coming tomorrow) and it has glance (which could be a cool feature, i guess)

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Cyberport in Germany has had the 19th of June as delivery date for a while - that was just updated to 10th of July. *sigh*

lame... just got an email from Cyberport telling me i will now get the N930 on 11th July.

i was willing and kinda excited to jump back to Windows Mobile but this launch (or lack of) has put a break on it for a while. i just cancelled my preorder.

i have a lot of apps that i use for my business and personal time which Windows Mobile doesn't have yet but i was willing to make sacrifices but now i couldn't give a s**t.

i hope Microsoft/Nokia do a better launch next time, just some simple communications with its customers would be appreciated (actual launch dates or updates). I would of expected better from such companies

was looking at the N1520 for a while but it's just too big for my preference although in general i really like the device's looks/profile/specs.

Anyway im punching out like a fighter pilot.

Onesto98

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
today i searched ins_tagram for lumia930 tag, and there were plenty photos of it in hands of developers and review-ers!! Damn its incredibly handsome
dont know why MS do this sh_it strategy, i hate them.
Im thinking of 1520 or sadly one lag-droid flagship, cuz cant wait any more.
wish i had b_ought that 925 7 month ago instead of waiting for new flagship!

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
lame... just got an email from Cyberport telling me i will now get the N930 on 11th July.

i was willing and kinda excited to jump back to Windows Mobile but this launch (or lack of) has put a break on it for a while. i just cancelled my preorder.

i have a lot of apps that i use for my business and personal time which Windows Mobile doesn't have yet but i was willing to make sacrifices but now i couldn't give a s**t.

i hope Microsoft/Nokia do a better launch next time, just some simple communications with its customers would be appreciated (actual launch dates or updates). I would of expected better from such companies

was looking at the N1520 for a while but it's just too big for my preference although in general i really like the device's looks/profile/specs.

Anyway im punching out like a fighter pilot.

Windows PHONE.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been eyeballing this thread for a while and I can't help but to wonder why are there so many people being overly dramatic about launching of this phone? Is this the first launch you've been closely involved in? Cos none of this feels in any way specific to the 930 or even rare to launches in general.

People are seriously thinking about buying another phone that they don't want that much cos they can't wait 3 weeks? That has to be the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time :p

Given, I have no immediate plans on buying this, so I guess much chill attitude is cos of that, but I've waited the likes of N8 and 920 so very anxiously and while I don't think those launches were that different from this (I'm pretty sure I waited longer for those after announcement), I can't recall anyone ever being so dramatic over either of those two phones as some people are here for the 930.

Omnomnom

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking exactly the same. I'm such a impatient person, but still I'm able to wait. I'm checking every 930 related website 10000 times per day, but I would not cancel my preorder just because I have to wait. Sometimes it is like that and you can't do anything about it.
And my current phone isn't just from last year and I want a new phone every year. Still heaving my iPhone 3GS, that I bought 5 years ago and it lags as hell.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
There are many factors involved.

First, this one is taking more than any other models from Nokia. The 920, for example, was a 2 months wait. This one is almost 3 months and it may very well go beyond that.

Second, it's just stupid that this specific model is taking so long, considering that it has already been launched in the US (LUMIA ICON) in Fabruary. It's just hard to explain why the international version is only coming mid July.

Third, the industry is getting more and more competitive. If you want to be among the best you have to be at least as good as them. And, as I said before, Apple usually takes only 2 weeks to release a phone after its announcement. Samsung is usually 4 weeks. You can't compare yourself to the worst. If you want to be the best you shouldn't need more than 4 weeks to release your products. This one is already 10 weeks or so.

Forth, it's the disrespect to your loyal customers. You don't say in the announcement that you will take 2 months to release your phone and than you take 3 months to release it without providing any explanation for that 1 month delay.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been eyeballing this thread for a while and I can't help but to wonder why are there so many people being overly dramatic about launching of this phone? Is this the first launch you've been closely involved in? Cos none of this feels in any way specific to the 930 or even rare to launches in general.

People are seriously thinking about buying another phone that they don't want that much cos they can't wait 3 weeks? That has to be the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time :p

Given, I have no immediate plans on buying this, so I guess much chill attitude is cos of that, but I've waited the likes of N8 and 920 so very anxiously and while I don't think those launches were that different from this (I'm pretty sure I waited longer for those after announcement), I can't recall anyone ever being so dramatic over either of those two phones as some people are here for the 930.

Ditto - and as I've said before, its just a phone that will be upgraded by us all in 18 months!!!

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I typically upgrade every 2 years, though :p Which is part of the reason I won't get 930 at launch, my 920 turns two years in november.

I've had my 920 since Feb 2012, so I'm ready to change, but an extra week or month wont make the slightest bit of difference to me... and I am self confessed tech crazy!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb