Lumia 930 availability

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I was promised by Nokia back in April that I could borrow one but now everytime I ask when I get to borrow it I get no reply.

probably lands in the Steve Ballmers mailbox still. Speaking of which maybe the marketing team are waiting for Steve Ballmers ok to launch the N930. Someone forgot to send the memo out

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully our voices will be heard and we get some information! This is a complete shambles or a launch so far, and its not acceptable.

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Are there some cool bundles in Germany too?
Just found the one on notebooksbilliger.de where is the L930 + fatboy wireless charger =/
Saw some bundles here with headphone, soundbox and wireless charging station.. why not everywhere the same bundles =/

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
we wont get no where, the monkeys dont know nothing. And the "teams concerned" don't give a crap about the consumer or the loss of customers.

They have until 3rd July to get some news out otherwise i'm not gonna bother with the 930 i will just stick to the iPhone.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
we wont get no where, the monkeys dont know nothing. And the "teams concerned" don't give a crap about the consumer or the loss of customers.

They have until 3rd July to get some news out otherwise i'm not gonna bother with the 930 i will just stick to the iPhone.

They do have info. But it must be so embarrassing to them that they are afraid to talk about it because of bad press!

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Me too, if I don't have the 930 in my hands in the next couple of weeks I'm going to hold out for the iPhone 6 - with a bigger screen being released it's an even bigger threat against Nokia.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
They replied to me thanking me for my "honest feedback" and will "forward it to the team"... Yeah, I know.
This has the potential to blow up in their face like the no WP8 update for WP7. No matter they never promised anything, it was about perception.
They had no official release date announced for the 930 for my country, but having announced it in April and ducking answers in late June is a farce.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
No one at nokia cares, i suppose that counts for Microsoft Mobile now too. They will keep churning out sub par devices trying to break the low end users who will always follow their buddies over to Android.

Its devices like the 930 that would gain more demand/want for the products, thus increasing the perception that the devices are on par with Apple and Android. Low end devices are fine, but most people want more from their devices these days! Instead of trying to target students and people on low incomes/benefits they should do what Apple did and spend more time targeting the techies and people who drive the industry! People like us in this thread!

In time, the premium WP devices would hold the same kind of status as the iPhone and high end Android devices.

I am fed up and bored with the whole "check the site in your region", "we have no info at this time", and constant putting back of "release dates" of retailers. I give it to the 30th June, if we have nothing i will then look at my options.

I want a decent windows phone, so maybe the 1520 same (outdated -- its a year old!!!) specs as the 930, but with SD Card and larger screen. Problem is the 930 is the only Windows Phone device that i think could pull me away from Apple's clutches! It size is perfect for me personally, and it looks nice.

Considering the 930 is meant to be the last Nokia branded phone, they haven't half made a dogs dinner of the release!

##rant over##

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
From Nokia... "@thatwebuxguy @NokiaHelps hey there, we appreciate you reaching out. Trust us when we say that your concerns are very important to us :)"

LarsHu

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Danish site meremobil.dk say they have confirmation from Microsoft Devices that the 930 will arrive on the 10th of July (at least in Denmark). link - page is in Danish.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
From Nokia... "@thatwebuxguy @NokiaHelps hey there, we appreciate you reaching out. Trust us when we say that your concerns are very important to us :)"
Just had a go at them also stating i should stay with HTC because i know they are rubbish at support but thought Nokia were better and the reply i got was "@Stickyshocker We appreciate your feedback. This gives us a gainful insight towards developing & providing greater technology, products and services to our customers" wow and everyone has told me how great Nokia was but is this a sign of what's to come if you get a Nokia/Microsoft device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss