Lumia 930 availability

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Annoys me cause the lumia 930 has now been confirmed for 1st July in Vietnam!! Takes the **** if u ask me as Europe were meant to be first to get it

zicoz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Some of the biggest retailshops in Norway now haveestimated availability 1st and 3rd of July. The one who has 3rd of July were spot on with their date for Lumia 630. And the price has dropped about $100 from earlier prices.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Annoys me cause the lumia 930 has now been confirmed for 1st July in Vietnam!! Takes the **** if u ask me as Europe were meant to be first to get it

Ohhh wait you can get all the information you need from this site, it tells you availability for every country and everything.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/04/02/nokia-lumia-930-simply-the-best-of-microsoft-and-lumia/

Ohhh wait thanks Nokia it tells me nothing other than more people complaining about where all the 930's are hiding.

Give Nokia credit though best game of hide and seek ever though!!!

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
i spoke to Amazon.de today and asked about a release date.. got the standard reply

(Amazon): ich muss Sie noch um etwas Geduld bitten. Leider kann unser Gro?h?ndler den Titel "Nokia Lumia 930 Smartphone " im Moment nicht liefern. Es sollte aber nicht mehr allzu lange dauern.

Nach R?ckfrage beim Hersteller gehen wir davon aus, ihn demn?chst zu erhalten.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe we are talking to the wrong people on twitter. Clearly nokia are useless.

Microsoft confirms July 3 as UK launch date for the 4G LTE Lumia 635 | Windows Phone Central

Microsoft was tasked with managing both Nokia.com and all the Nokia social media accounts/sites for at least one year after the takeover in april. So it's Microsoft, not Nokia, you should aim your outrage at for being vague and unhelpful in this matter.

Nokia says its sale to Microsoft will close on April 25th | The Verge

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just can't see how it's good business to have such limited presence at the top end of the market. I know the volume comes from the low end, I just think the high end builds the whole halo effect that enriches the whole platform.

I have the 920 and whilst I still like it I'm itching to get some far more potent hardware.

What have Nokia's high end releases been since the 920.
The 925: Same SOC, less storage, arguably worse 4.5 screen, minutely improved camera, no wireless charging.
The 1020: Same SOC, same storage, arguably worse 4.5 screen, admittedly great camera, no wireless charging. Way more expensive and as such a bit niche.
The 1520: Hugely improved SOC, same storage, great full HD 6inch screen, wireless charging, great 20mp camera. Unfortunately, just way too big and as such Niche. Also completely castrated in USA.
The Icon: Hugely improved SOC, same storage, great full HD 5 inch screen, wireless charging, great 20mp camera.
In all, a great device which was then limited to less than half of 1 countries market.

In effect I'd argue that Nokia has not released a flagship device since Nov 2012 that wasn't just a reworked 920 or something targeted at tiny subset of the market (1520&Icon).

I still think the 930 looks good, the problem is that I think the market has moved on and what would've looked frankly amazing in NOV 13 now looks a little more pedestrian and indeed it's still not out.

Now lets add insult to injury, it looks like the damn X2 will make it out the door within a couple of week of it's announcement.

Microsoft, I find you're lack of faith (in WP) disturbing.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It started with me complaining on twitter about how rubbish I thought the 1020 was as I went into a shop and saw a display one that was clamped to the desk. Told Nokia that the things you wanted to try would be camera and the feel and I couldn't do either as was clamped to the desk. So on that I was offered to try one for 10 days all ok then j asked to try a 1520 that one came but the 930 nothing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo