Lumia 930 availability

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
No, it's now a Microsoft team with orders from Microsoft about what information they can share and what they can or cannot do.

It's all Microsoft.

So Microsoft came in fired all the nokia people who deal with support etc and replaced them with their own. I think u will find the teams are the same as before as there is a transition after the buyout occurred in April. These can last for many months it's not instant.

Anyway does it really matter the idiots still are fobbing us off! The standard consumer does not know about the buyout, they would assume nokia = nokia!

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
So Microsoft came in fired all the nokia people who deal with support etc and replaced them with their own. I think u will find the teams are the same as before as there is a transition after the buyout occurred in April. These can last for many months it's not instant.

Anyway does it really matter the idiots still are fobbing us off! The standard consumer does not know about the buyout, they would assume nokia = nokia!

Whether or not Microsoft replaced any employees is unimportant to any and all of your points.

Microsoft is managing the Nokia.com site and the Nokia social media accounts.
Microsoft is deciding what information can be published on Nokia.com and the Nokia social media accounts.
Microsoft is responsible for the release of the Nokia Lumia 930.
Microsoft is responsible for the release of Windows Phone 8.1.
Microsoft is the one that ballsed all of this up.

If you want to direct your anger and make it actually have any sort of effect, point it at the one to blame for your anger: Microsoft.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Whether or not Microsoft replaced any employees is unimportant to any and all of your points.

Microsoft is deciding what information can be published on Nokia.com and the Nokia social media accounts.

If you want to direct your anger and make it actually have any sort of effect, point it at the one to blame for your anger: Microsoft.

All your points are invalid! If MS are managing all as you mention, then we are directing our anger at the right places!!

As I said the standard consumer would have a nokia phone, thus to them they would deal with nokia!

Any way what's to say we haven't tried MS already and got nowhere?! I for one have tweeted them, only nokia replies as it's still that brand that deals with the mobile devices!!

Why? Because the (ex)Nokia teams have the info and knowledge to provide support and questions in relation to Lumia devices. I'm sure in the future we will see the transition to MS Mobile, but for now they are Nokia.

The information is still coming from nokia as a brand, thus people will vent their anger there.

The fact is they release the 630, then release the x2 same day as announcing, then provide the 635 with a release and/or a release date. Nothing for the 930!!

Last edited:

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Just for you, just posted on twitter see what answer I get.

@nokia @nokia_uk @microsoft @windowsphoneuk @winphonesupport anybody willing to give me a date to get a 930 & not just please wait?

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
14 days until the device will apparently appear to us all. I suppose I could wait 2 weeks.

I really hope this phone is all it cracked up to be! Nokia said "it's worth the wait" - well bloody best be!

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So my operator (Telenor Hungary) started a photo competition on FB. They posted the first pic they took themselves of their HQ and said they took it with a Lumia. When asked they were coy about the exact model, they said "it's a secret, not allowed to say...yet". Then they pretty much confirmed off the record it was a 930. So not only is it already on their price list as "coming soon", but they already have it in their hands, playing with it. I am more and more confident in that July 9-15 EU wide launch...

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
What was that date in 14 days time? I must have missed that. Did you hear something from Nokia/Microsoft?

10th July, which seems to be the date most places are showing now.

However i am getting a feeling of deja-vu with the released dates of this device.

BK1112

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
People, Darty France seem to now have stock!

Might it be true!?
Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

Nope, they obviously just postponed the expected delivery date by a week to 4/7. I'm guessing that on 4/7 it will be moved to 11/7, which will be THE date.

Edit: I have now send an inquiry to Darty (Dirty) asking if the initial delivery date has been changed and if it will be possible to cancel the order before 4/7 (I may be able to scare them). Will keep you posted. They have 48 hrs to answer.

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I was on phone at the moment and since this Facbook/Twitter stuff is useless I called Slovene importer for Nokias, Teleray ( http://teleray.si/ )
AND.....
they said is coming in July :( . I wasn't satisfied with answer and asked when in July, start or the end ? They said it is LIKELY to come at start of July BUT nothing rock hard, so there could also be delays. So there it is, even at Nokia them self they don't know how is with Lumia 930. This 11th July is probably the last date they got from headquarters but it's not necessary final.

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb