Lumia 930 availability

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
The German MS site says now: Available in the next weeks. No more 11th July? I'm feeling betrayed :'(
I saw this last week also. I'm hoping it's changed because of the demand for the pre-orders and not because the launch has been pushed even further back.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
MS has anncouced that Windows 8.1 is rolling out this week in Asia. So I presume Europe won't be behind, so I don't see any reason for further delay.
When MS / Nokia says, that waiting is worth, so I believe that must have made some MAJOR enhancement with the camera SDKs to give it a WOW factor

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just looking at Carphone Warehouse quickly, did they always have the 930 listed as 'Expected July 2014' or is that a new update?

I say update, doesn't really change what we already know, so I hope there's more info coming through than that lol

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Just looking at Carphone Warehouse quickly, did they always have the 930 listed as 'Expected July 2014' or is that a new update?

I say update, doesn't really change what we already know, so I hope there's more info coming through than that lol

It's an update. They never specified the expected date before. I knew it would've been something like this

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Nope, it's been like that (i.e. "Expected July 2014") for some time now. I can vouch for that as it's one of the pages I regularly check. So no update I'm afraid...

Ah that's good news really, should me that something a bit more informative/definitive gets released today then :)

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Ah that's good news really, should me that something a bit more informative/definitive gets released today then :)
I just called them and it's still showing as "not available" with no confirmed date. They're not even doing pre-orders. Can only guess it's being held back for a large co-ordinated release in mid-July...

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just called them and it's still showing as "not available" with no confirmed date. They're not even doing pre-orders. Can only guess it's being held back for a large co-ordinated release in mid-July...

Yeah I think that's correct. I've been told by vodafone as above that nokia are holding back for some form of update. My suspiscion is that they're awaiting Cortana avaialbility for the UK/Europe (but that's just conjecture on my part)

It makes sense to have everything 100% before releasing, it's just nice to be told that's the reason why rather than guessing what's going on. A few of the more impatient of us will be cancelling orders/losing interest left and right, which is a shame IMO as a lot could be avoided with a couple of decent press releases. It seems odd that there's zero pre-order option at the moment (on contract I mean) for what is meant to be a flagship device.

Maybe providers don't think WP is as important as Samsung and Apple?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think that's correct. I've been told by vodafone as above that nokia are holding back for some form of update. My suspiscion is that they're awaiting Cortana avaialbility for the UK/Europe (but that's just conjecture on my part)

It makes sense to have everything 100% before releasing, it's just nice to be told that's the reason why rather than guessing what's going on. A few of the more impatient of us will be cancelling orders/losing interest left and right, which is a shame IMO as a lot could be avoided with a couple of decent press releases. It seems odd that there's zero pre-order option at the moment (on contract I mean) for what is meant to be a flagship device.

Maybe providers don't think WP is as important as Samsung and Apple?

But for sim free version and rest of western europe doesn't have to wait for UK version of Cortana, so for them, the wait isn't good

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
But for sim free version and rest of western europe doesn't have to wait for UK version of Cortana, so for them, the wait isn't good

Well like I say, that's just me guessing at what this 'Nokia Update' is that they are supposedly waiting on. Could be anything in truth.

Or Shanoon

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, thought it would be interesting to share:

Just got an email from Darty in France, saying that they will ship my pre-ordered 930 in July 22nd.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just missed a call from Vodafone - hopefully they'll phone back with some good news!!
I just called Vodafone UK. They have no information (i.e. release date or stock) on it. They expect new pricing plans etc to be published on 1 Jul so perhaps something then, but he was just speculating. Anyway, they will call me when stock is in - that's all they have... which isn't much.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, they called back...
In a nutshell, pre-orders start next week.

In a longer more drawn out conversation "it's been released, but we can't pre-order until next week, So I'll call you again next week to get it all sorted out".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)